Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Went to my parent's place to do laundry and found out that one of their cats that was a part of my life for 8 years had a stroke a few days ago.

He survived and is recovering but gently caress, he has trouble walking, lost an entire god drat pound of weight (For those that don't know that's a LOT for a cat to lose,) and likely has some short-term memory issues now.

I just held him most of the time I was there and now I'm tearing up writing this, gently caress. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

poo poo broke yesterday at work to the point that I ended up with a 14 hour shift, I'm back today and somehow even MORE poo poo is broken. :wtc:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Nothing at work loving works still and I'm doing another 19 hour shift, loving yay.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Update from work: poo poo partially works, but not enough to matter. A fix may happen tomorrow and I was told the following: if it doesn't work than it's business as usual atm, if it does you get to work a 6th and maybe 7th day to catch up on jobs.

gently caress.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Important machine at work may be dead for good and the replacement we have ordered won't be here for another 3 weeks.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

One of my coworkers who normally takes sick time for relatively minor stuff (which I have no problem with) came in with a loving fever last Monday, shockingly I've been sicker than hell since then, thanks.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Lost internet on Thursday and not getting it back until Wednesday minimum, thanks Mediacom.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I got to print some Boomer religious hate speech in my local newspaper, today.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

CEO: "Advertising revenue is down 15% this year thanks to Covid so we need all full-time employees to take a 1-week furlough"
CEO: *Makes $167k/year in loving Iowa (Cost of living is so low this may as well be $700k in real states)*

gently caress off.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Unpaid week-long furlough starts Monday, also different shift co-worker currently getting tested for Covid.

FUN TIMES! :suicide:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Slipped and fell on my rear end while out to pay my rent because no one in this loving city shovels their drat snow or salts their drat sidewalk so it's a constant icy loving mess.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Just found out a cat at my mother's place (that I lived with for 10 years) had his 2nd stroke today.

He seemed fine after a while on his first but I don't think he's gonna make it through this one, he's at least 15 years old but could be upwards of 20 (he was a stray) so I was still expecting to lose him this year but still...

gently caress. :(

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Detheros posted:

Just found out a cat at my mother's place (that I lived with for 10 years) had his 2nd stroke today.

He seemed fine after a while on his first but I don't think he's gonna make it through this one, he's at least 15 years old but could be upwards of 20 (he was a stray) so I was still expecting to lose him this year but still...

gently caress. :(

Just got a call from my mom and he's passed on.

Rest in peace, Casper, I'll miss you so much but it sounds like you went fast so I can take solace in that.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Almost lost my loving hand at work today and now I'm a loving mental wreck.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Did you leave it in the break room again? Gotta start labeling it.

glad you're safe!

Nah the break room is next door to the one with the machine I nearly lost a fight with :v:

ngl, I needed that laugh, so thanks.

I have full movement in my hand/wrist so it looks like all I'll have to deal with is a nasty cut and some numbness for a bit, sucks that it was my left hand and I'm left handed but it's better that the alternative.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I'd be shocked if it didn't scar with how deep it is at one area.

I also have a knife scar, well linoleum cutter from art class in 8th grade, but still. :v:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Hand got caught in plate loading machine (I print newspapers/advertising for a living) while it was operating, my fault there, had a bar press against my arm just below the wrist and was crushing it against where it would rest normally.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I've watched 4 different semis blow the same stop sign at full speed (50 mph) this week, I can't drive and I have to cross that street to get to work so it's a great way to scare me and piss me off at the same time.

At least do a loving rolling stop like all the other lovely drivers in this city, christ.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I keep having dreams where I go to work and everything goes wrong.

Then I wake up feeling exhausted....and go to work.

I have enough trouble getting over 5 hours of sleep as it is... ugh.

Detheros has a new favorite as of 00:48 on Jun 10, 2021

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

It's loving hot.

Like so hot it was 88 degrees INSIDE my apartment when I got home after my 1.2 mile walk from work.

It's June 11 in Iowa and it was 96 loving degrees yesterday, 2 weeks ago it was 30 degrees.

Thanks, Climate change, I love paying TRIPLE my normal electricity bill 2 months early! :shepicide:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Electric bill came and surpsise surprise it's 4x my normal amount because I have to slam on air conditioning every single day.

Oh, but climate change isn't real. :shepicide:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I print advertisements and newspapers for a living.

We're out of paper.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I keep pulling random muscles doing the stuff I normally do.

Stop making me feel old, body, I'm only 32. :(

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Rolo posted:

Wait until the first time you sneeze wrong and can’t look left for a week.

Instead of that I just sneeze and get a soar throat for a week. :sigh:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Detheros posted:

I print advertisements and newspapers for a living.

We're out of paper.

Still out of paper for the really loving important 106k run weekly job I'm printing.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Captain Invictus posted:

Me: laying in bed trying to sleep

My brain: allow me to recite the entire catalog of ancient YTMND memes that you have not thought about in 15 years

I have to work in 5 hours and I can't get to sleep ffffffffffff

Did you get to the AU YTMND period at least?

Punch the Keys, for God's Sake!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Dear Minnesota and South Dakota: your laws on advertising alcohol are dumb and bad and make my job printing said advertisements a pain.

Love, your local Iowa Press Operator.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

No power, tornado warning, 70 mph winds, 66 degrees, and it's December loving 15 in Iowa.

But climate change is clearly not real :rolleyes:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Dad went to the hospital with back pains and low sodium (2nd time for this) on Tuesday, they found a broken bone in his back, a loving 6 inch blood clot and a ton of liquid in his lungs, they wanted to transfer him elsewhere to do surgery but lmao beds are full so it's just some medicine, they drained some liquid and he seems to be doing better today at least but he's absolutely not out of the woods yet.

But man, gently caress anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers, you selfish assholes are killing so many people and mentally damaging so many more.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Detheros posted:

Dad went to the hospital with back pains and low sodium (2nd time for this) on Tuesday, they found a broken bone in his back, a loving 6 inch blood clot and a ton of liquid in his lungs, they wanted to transfer him elsewhere to do surgery but lmao beds are full so it's just some medicine, they drained some liquid and he seems to be doing better today at least but he's absolutely not out of the woods yet.

But man, gently caress anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers, you selfish assholes are killing so many people and mentally damaging so many more.

Watched him die today, turns out it was cancer, 55 years old.

gently caress cancer.

Detheros has a new favorite as of 01:18 on Feb 11, 2022

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Grocery chain is no longer delivering citing worker shortage.

As someone without a car and no friends, and has high anxiety, this loving sucks

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Minor gripe in the grand scheme of things but it's been windy (15-20 mph constant winds) for the past 15 loving days and as someone who walks everywhere I'm so loving sick of it.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Rent is going up.

Time to warm up the guillotine.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Every time I want to post something here, you post some hellscape Event Horizon poo poo and then I feel like I'm really whining at nothing.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's nice to have a place to vent about poo poo regardless of supposed triviality.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Who decided that 90 degrees in May in the midwest was a good idea?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Moved across states and now everything hurts, lmao.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Had to deal with the nightmare that is getting insurance through the marketplace for the first time.

Jesus Christ America sucks rear end.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

66 for med 21 for dental and another 12 for a separate vision plan because your vision is apparently not important lmao

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

It won't stop snowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Detheros posted:

It won't stop snowing.

My back hurts like gently caress thanks to said snow