Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I had my 25 year old truck broken into for the 4th time. nothing stolen, just junk tossed about inside. like the previous 3 times. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

My drivers door latch broke, so now i cant shut or lock it. it just swings wide so i need to hold it shut while driving. hope i can pull out the latch and refurbish it, because gently caress me, i dont have money for a part.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

I decided to borrow my brothers car to go to physical therapy for my back, leg, and shoulder. It was parked a half mile from our apartment, and i was going to park it in front as this was during the work day and would have open parking in front of our place. half way there, its starts dying and sputtering. I do phys therapy, im wiped out after. check engine light comes n. i get a mile, engine dies. Now i got to push it off the road. get it off the road, and now its time to walk. as my brother is a loving luddite, having no phone, and im too broke to buy an uber ride or the like. my leg screaming in pain, i get home. I get a phone interview. i accidentally reset my phone mid interview, and no call back, and the reset erased the number from my call history.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

I found out that 8 weeks ago I filled out the wrong unemployment papers this morning and I need to reapply with special Covid paperwork for my unemployment. Every attempt to call has been a busy signall, im like up to 500 calls this week. Attempts to find out if i filled out the wrong paperwork before was met with "If you applied under the old system, dont applly again under the new, we willl sort things out." im going to be 3400 behind in rent on the first @_@ good thing is eviction takes 60 days and by end of july my lease is up and ill be homeless anyway.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Add in 2 more weeks on top of all that claimed on my initial UI+PUA application. I owe 6k to my landlord in back rent. I am havint o move into my old bedroom with my parents, who are homophobic, transphobic, racist, backwoods shitheads. the are using my bedroom to grow pot. My brother who is helping me move is refusing to move faster than the speed of geology. I woke his rear end up at 830 to get started for the day. I gotta 150 miles to drive after he helps me load cabinets into my truck. its past noon and he isnt done with his morning poo poo.

winterwerefox has a new favorite as of 20:01 on Jul 14, 2020

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

I'm now living in a former grow room after being made homeless. The floor is rotted. I have to drive ten miles get cell service. I'm at... My initial unemployment claim was third week of March. I have yet to get a dime.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Thanks. For the moment. I have food and gas money. Right now I'm parked outside of the library trying to get through to unemployment office,and leeching their wifi. State was good on getting snap benefits at least

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Put my foot through the floor rot in that room. So many termites.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

I'm living with my boomer parents. I have been doing census and trying my as best I could to mask in public. I got sick last week, been sick for the week, and got tested for covid. I'm supposed to be self isolating as best as I can, as I wait to hear results. My dad refuses to even think I'm actually sick, and keeps asking me to do things around the house. Like construction, auto repair, runs to town for supplies. I've been up and down in fever, a persistent cough, am diabetic, overweight. I stopped wearing a mask around the house. My mom is sick. I hope he gets it and I have covid. gently caress these people.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

I hurt my back and neck yesterday changing my waterpump after it got all squeeky and got a leak. I'm laid up on a chair in my parents house where I have to live or tent homeless fun times.

In the last ten minutes my dad shouted n***** at the TV and then went in on anti Chinese racism and other fun, wholesome things, like how all protests from black people are only about how they were treated in the 1800's and they had it as good as white people ever since. Also black lives matter is just like the kkk against white people.

I've been in crippling depression all day. He comes down to smug talk about how corrupt biden is over that stupid lap top that's now the big thing on Fox. Oh shut up mother fucker.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Only drugs he takes that I know of is he smokes weed. I'm the one with blood pressure issues and diabetes :(

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The anti depressants I got prescribed are making me exhausted, dizzy and nauseated. They work for my emotions, I feel great there, at least. gently caress.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Kidney Stone posted:

Which ones are they?

Normally it can take a couple of weeks before it getting better with the symptoms you described.

Been on antidepressants for a couple of years now.

Prozac. Haven't been able to get a hold of my primary care physician for two weeks. My pharmacy thinks my doctor is a guy I never heard of and the office they sent my meds refill never heard of me as well. My clinic thinks I'm a new patient and not assigned to my doctor. I think of an inner ear infection. I can't stand and do anything strenuous or I start feeling like to black out.

winterwerefox has a new favorite as of 06:58 on Nov 30, 2020

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The starter works by pushing a gear into a larger gear hooked to your engine to get it moving. If the gear in the starter is worn out, or the starter mounting bolts have worked loose the grinding you hear is the gears failing to mesh. A starter is about 80-120$ and most I've worked on consists of unhook the battery, unhook the starter electrical, undo the mounting bolts, pull the starter out, it's heavy, be careful, it's a big electric motor. Then do the reverse of taking it out to install. It's not a big repair, but that would be the why grinding, and what to expect from a shop if you can't do it yourself.

If it's cold, engine vibration and heating and cooling cycles could have caused the bolts to work loose and it might just need tightening up if the grinding is the first time you heard it.

winterwerefox has a new favorite as of 22:07 on Dec 25, 2020

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Grinding says to me that the starter drive gear is being engaged, but it is possible it's not engaging all the way, getting stuck part way and slipping against the fly wheel's teeth. Usually a stuck starter sounds like an electric motor going all out with no resistance as it's not pushed forward with it's magnets.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Yay! Glad you got home safe! You can clean a car battery of corrosion with a wire brush and baking soda in water. Battery acid white powder you see on top is sulfuric acid, for a regular maintenance of your battery going forward. Unhook the terminals, scrub the terminals and wire heads till shiny. Corrosion acts as an extra load on the battery when drawing power, and enough corrosion can lead to not enough getting to the starter and causing starting issues.

On topic, my day was lovely because my boomer parents I've been forced to live with were spouting racial 'truth' this morning. And how all the gifts they got me and my brother are collectible and will gain value! Who the hell needs multiple copies of Rex from Toy Story and a off brand dragons from Dragonheart that are not Draco, never appeared in the movie and collectors value.. is exactly what they paid for it? They just spent all morning talking how collectable they were. Never showed interest in Toy Story, and while I like Dragonheart, main character would make more sense. If I was the kind of person to care about collections while having no where to call my own home

winterwerefox has a new favorite as of 23:44 on Dec 25, 2020

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

I'm living in a guest house at my parents property after covid, slip and fall injuries, and chronic health issues hosed over my life in general. They opened my door this morning without knocking, to fight on my door step about lumber or something. There was a project I was going to do, as a self confidence thing for myself, if nothing else, build a porch with a small railing, to replace the messed up entrance to this place. My terms were "Let me do this on my own, I dont want your help." so my dad comes in and takes over the project, tells me im doing it wrong, and I walk away, because well poo poo, they violated the one bit of terms I laid out. his reply to me wanting to do it on my own is he will let me use the power drill and screw gun and assemble his design. No.

There are some loving things you have to do yourself, and some hands on building would have been nice. See? I have skills and I'm good with them. Motherfucker will put his hand on the drill you are using and 'help' you by pushing on it. He treats me like I have no idea what im doing. He Injured me when I ws trying to use a trench machine because he saw me being careful, and took careful as struggling. He shoved the far end of it and drove my wrist into a pile of plywood when I wasnt looking.

I am loving 40, and 6'3" and a master mechanic with all the certs to go with it.

gently caress off.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

i found out my dog has a tumor the size of a golf ball in his tongue. its got large enough that its making him drool constantly and he bit it when eating yesterday, causing him to drool blood. The vet says that to excise it would involve cutting out his entire tongue and we should put him down for his own sake. im an emotional wreck right now, i havent spent more than a few hours more than a few feet from him in the last ten years.

He is drugged up right now. i dont want to move him to clean his mat. :smith:

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Constipated posted:

I'm so sorry 😟 give your dog a good hug for me. I hope you can make him comfortable and happy before his time is up.. My girlfriend has 2 elderly dogs that are best buddies, and I'm dreading the day when the one in worse shape starts to go.

He spent the night sleeping against my legs, and drooled up a huge stain on my bedding. I've decided to let him tell me when he is ready to go, when he no longer wants to eat and such. I've come to acceptance, but it really sucks

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Buried my dog today. between today and last week,the tumors in his mouth doubled in size. we had him put to sleep at around noon. just finished burying him.

My brother and I are filling in the hole we are burying him in. my dad is there. he loved the guy too. my mom was there. we are not half way done filling the hole.

"Now you can focus on fixing the roof!":byodame:

I wound up to hit her with the shovel before I caught myself and told her to get the gently caress away, you sociopath. She wasnt talking to me, but my dad. but loving christ.

I need to mop my house.. there.. is a lot of dog blood stains on the floor from where his tongue tumor was bleeding.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

know what makes a good morning?

woke up from screaming and gun fire from my neighbors.
then having to go to the hospital
them letting their dog out to bathroom really escalated.

I hate living next to my parents

hospital is only marginally related to the other two things. the gunfire and screaming meant I was up earlier than id like. so went in for a blood test i had to do.

my dad lets his dog outside to go to the bathroom about 6-7am. dog will always run about and go sniif exploring and if able will vanish into the woods for hours. suggestions to leash her gets ignored. this results in them screaming her name for an hour+ to the point where its my dad, 21 yr old brother, and my mom screaming for the dog to come back. getting more and more frustrated till the 21 yr old pulls a pistol and shoots into the ground it to get the dogs attention.
They do have their Trump flag flying, if you wanted to ask.

Something has been giving me explosive shits for the last two days.

Have a video of me walking with my dog later on. This was a nice part of my day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmMJBr-48ak

winterwerefox has a new favorite as of 02:28 on Jun 16, 2023

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

An online friend i have known for 15-20 years died in his sleep on the 20th. his family was nice enough to let his online contacts know. Better than just never hearing from him again. :unsmith:

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

I don't eat much meat. Im not a vegetarian, but meat is not on my menu in more than small amounts. much of it, or fatty cuts mess up my guts. My brother shot a black bear, and spent a few days butchering and freezing the meat. he eats anything he kills, so him hunting things is no big deal to me. seeing a rack of squirrels was weird, but like i said, he eats what he shoots. I'm personally opposed to eating higher on the food chain than herbivore. but at least that bear is getting used. My dad is a source of.. frustration as he gets closer to 80. had his last kid in his mid 50s when i was in my 20s.

Anyway, he comes over to the cabin i live in on his land and says my brother made meat pies, and we also got mashed potatoes and gravy. cool. i load up on potatoes and greenbeans, then look at the meat pie. dark meat, gravy, etc.

"What meat is this?"

dad "its meat." looking at me like I'm dumb.

"No, is it that bear?"

"oh no, its beef"

"ok" take a slice. im eating it. Beef doesnt taste like it lived on berries or have that texture. motherfucker.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

I accidently ended up on the local shelter's pet adoption page when i was looking for the dmv to renew my registration.I saw a lovely german shepherd named Freya. she was a impound, because her previous owner sucked in some undetailed way. my judgement had been a bit compromised and i ended up adopting her. that was Tuesday. loving dog, fell for me, my brother, my current dog, Max who is a black shepherd mix, even tolerated my cat, though with some confused i dont understand borks. Spent Tuesday and Wednesday nights sleeping on me, snuggling, licking my face, and being a good girl. She had some issues with seeing chickens for the first time, and ended up chasing them.

My rear end in a top hat neighbor seems me chasing her, and while im trying to grab her and get her away from the chickens, I hear a pistol shot. Thank god he didnt shoot her, but loving hell. "I was just trying to get her attention!" So now thats how thats going. Wednesday, i spend most of the time walking her on a leash, showing her small animals like ducks and chickens and getting her to calm down about them.. She still had issues seeing the horse, but thats because distance. Neighbor is shouting at me to get rid of that rear end in a top hat dog, its making his dogs go nuts in his house. Freya hasnt barked or done anything, his dogs are idiot untrained assholes.

Today, im walking her again, and meet with the older guy who lives there. Freya wont stop barking at him and pulling her leash. She senses what a dick he is. I'd normally tell them to gently caress off, but this has already involved gunfire. So more or less, i rented a dog i love tons for 3 days as i took her back to the shelter this morning :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Middle of nowhere, Oregon coast. Nearest inhabited house is about a mile off. gunshots get muffled by the trees. Its my family, not my neighbors. That i leave out. even anonymously over the internet, its embarrassing as gently caress that im related to those shitbags. I live in a 400 sqft cabin on the same property as them, the rent is free, and my bills add up to gas, 200 for utilities, internet and tv, and misc for my truck and my phone. my food is oregon trail card because i got that disability at least during covid. ssdi has not been as kind. The gunfire was from my 21 year old brother who has the chickens, and uses his pistol like loving yosemite sam when his untrained idiot dog gets out of the house and goes wandering. he fires a shot or two to get its attention. so i hear discharges 3-4 times some weeks. randomly, 7am usually. im on county land, a mile from any public roads and the sheriffs would have to drive 2 hours to get here anyway. I had her two days, and the shithead was my 74 year old father, who owns the land i live on. so.. .. yeah.

Being told "oh this is your land tooo!' your whole life, but being unable to DO anything with it sucks loving rear end.