Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
There's been a huge shakeup at the sports radio channel I listen to. I really liked how Jason Goff and Dan Bernstein worked as a team, but Goff is out and Dan is moving to midday, and shitbag Danny Mac is coming back.

Rumors are that because both Goff and Bernsie aren't afraid to mock racist/MAGA types, their ratings got worse :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My body decided to flip a coin on how it'd feel today (tired and exhausted or fidgety and anxious), and it landed on the edge.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I pulled a muscle in my neck and/or back, so my range of motion in my neck/back is hindered.

I feel like I'm walking around wearing the Michael Keaton Batman suit just to avoid it hurting.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This entire week has been lovely, since by sheer coincidence we moved from our apartment to our first home (which is stressful enough), but also had to help my dad clean out our old family home before it sold*.

We're currently in the "oh poo poo, we need to address change / zip code change ~this~, which we forgot to do before because our brain cells were spent on the move" phase. Everything physical is in place, but it's amazing how much digital stuff you have on your phone/computers that say you live in X, or your billing zip code is Y, etc. poo poo, I still have to correct some auto fills that still think I'm living in the aforementioned family house.

* A case of "not my problem but I care about the person whose problem it is", but it seems my Dad and the potential new owners of the house are being shitheads to each other. Final inspection was yesterday, and the new owners are squawking about the most pointless things, asking to have the price dropped. In turn, my dad is being kinda a dink about it, and I'm kinda worried it'll sour the deal.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I bit the inside of my cheek, so I've got a day or two of it hurting because it's a swollen open wound, followed by a few days where it hurts because it's a swollen canker sore... and those few days will be filled with re-biting it because it's swollen.

(I couldn't decide if this is a FWP or simply a thing to whine about)

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I found a drink at Jamba Juice that's tasty, makes me feel full for a large amount of hours, and doesn't taste like pure sugar.

The catch? It's calorically super goddamned dense. 540 for a small, 650 for a medium, 840 for a large. I don't have entire meals that rack that much up!

But it's so good. :negative: it's even annoying because now I'm aware of being able to make something similar at home, so I wouldn't be able to just rely on not going to JJ anyway.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 22:18 on May 8, 2018

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
oh goddammit

At my old place, I had a really annoying phone issue: my phone's connectivity to the wi-fi would stall and eventually spit out an error on the wi-fi list: INTERNET MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE

We moved, and for a couple days, it had completely resolved. We installed a wi-fi printer, and wouldn't you know it, I'd get the error again: INTERNET MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE. We decided to turn off the printer when we're not using it. No errors!

until a few minutes ago. My streaming of a podcast began to stutter, and sure enough, INTERNET MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE again. :negative:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A couple days ago I pulled a muscle at or around my left shoulder blade. It's amazing just how many positions and motions are related to that tiny point, especially since my left arm is my dominant one so I tend to favorite for practically everything.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My randomly-decided, badly-thought-out plan for tonight fell through because - wait for it - it was randomly decided and badly thought out.

The plan? Stop in at a local bar to have a beer or two, leave with some mozzarella sticks to go for me and my partner.

Forgot that a) the bar isn't local anymore, since I've moved, b) because it's a bar on a Monday the kitchen is going to close fifteen minutes before I even leave, and c) forget that the not-so-local-bar would be experiencing a thunderstorm so severe that I'm pretty sure it's Poseidon and not Zeus handling it.

:negative:

E: vvv I think you have me confused with someone else, my track record on food of any shape is practically immaculate. Way better than most with the incurable immune disease I have.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:42 on May 15, 2018

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I bumped into a parked car as I was leaving to get a quick late dinner. I did what you're supposed to do (wait around, leave a note, etc) but now I'm in a sad mood because I'm new to the area and I'm nervously wondering if I'm going to get a "You defiled my car horribly" response or a "pfft, it's a little ding and your car got it worse" one.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Me and my partner, about two weeks ago: You're right, it would be kinda nice if we both took a part-time job. We don't need to, really, but together they'd add up to decent amount of spare scratch! Extra savings! Upgrade furniture! Maybe even a vacation outside of the area! Great idea!

Me and my partner, tonight: Oh God whose idiotic idea was it for us to take another job, we're both tired and sweaty and our legs hurt

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Thin Privilege posted:

How did you both get a job in 2 weeks

She took a busser job at the bar she used to bartend at, I took a gas station job where an old friend of mine manages.

E: so I guess a succinct way of answering it is "we picked jobs where the interview process was basically just asking if we wanted the jobs".

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 16:15 on Jun 4, 2018

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
So far Taskrabbit has promised me someone would be at my house to do something only to say "sorry it turns out we can't find anyone!" twice (at the last minute), and hasn't responded to my request to get something pinned down and concretized.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

MisterBibs posted:

So far Taskrabbit has promised me someone would be at my house to do something only to say "sorry it turns out we can't find anyone!" twice (at the last minute), and hasn't responded to my request to get something pinned down and concretized.

The sequel to this? I decided to use another similar service (Handy), scheduled for 9 in the morning on Friday (today). Everything looked fine, had a person assigned to my task, and all seemed hopeful. At around 8:00am this morning, I'm awakened to a standard notification sound on my phone. "Oh, great, they sent me something saying the person'll be there soon".

Nope. Turns out it was a message basically saying "sorry, the guy who was supposed to show up couldn't make it, we rescheduled for monday. Here's a ten dollar credit for your next booking!"

It took me bitching on Twitter for their CS folks to get the ten dollar credit applied to my existing booking, pointing out that if they are going to reschedule something an hour before it's supposed to happen, I'm not going to use your service a hypothetical next time. I know it's only ten bucks, but christ alive, I took a half-day off my job today so that I could finally get this poo poo done.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Jeza posted:

Dare I ask what you are trying to hire somebody on Taskrabbit to do, MrBibs?

Assemble a whole bunch of furniture we bought that me and my partner looked at the assembly instructions for and immediately noped out of the possibilliy / willingness to try ourselves.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Comcast poo poo the bed in our area today, and now two out of the three smart bulbs we use will no longer connect to our wifi and, thus, unsuable. :(

They were amazingly convenient. Turn them on or off from wherever, adjust the power and color at the push of a button...

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Not just about today, but the last few days have been utter rear end for me, and its all centered around one event based on today, so I figure it's kosher:

- I noticed a while back that a podcast I enjoy is doing a live show nearby. Taking advantage of the distance between the event and the date (today), I buy early tickets and parking.

- Between getting my ticket and the time approaching today, I get the previously-mentioned lovely low-paying job to make extra scratch job. As early as I can, I write a note for the schedule-maker at the job saying that I cannot work today (Friday).

- I get the notice from the schedule-manager at the job that, sorry, everyone wants a Friday night off, and you're the new guy, so you'll have to take it.

- Rather than being a jackass and telling them at the "I am not available on friday" part of my note wasn't a suggestion and just calling off, I decide to meet the person halfway, suggesting that I can still work the morning on Friday. I mean, come on, they can't schedule me for late-night on Saturday, right, if they know I'm working early-morning friday, right?

- Learning that I am still somewhat closer to the turnip truck than the road, they schedule my rear end for a late-night Saturday shift, straight into a morning shift on Friday.

- I dutifully work on Friday morning, and I am horrible all day at both jobs because my circadian rhythm is tuned to being able to sleep in somewhat (my first job doesn't have me start crazy early), leading to a whole lot of zombiness because I'm in a fog all drat day. I don't even do coffee or energy drinks, because I don't want the inevitable crash to happen as I'm driving to the podcast. I mean, I do half of one at the end of my shift, but that's it.

- I drive, still zombie-like, to the live podcast parking I had bought, long ago. For reasons unknown and frankly bafflingly, Google Maps decided to have me walk to a 30-miles-away-on-foot location of a similar name, instead of the literally-next-door location. You'd think it'd remember that I had Theater X searched for, at some point, or tell me about the literally-less-than-a-thousand-paces-away place of the same name, but nope.

- My Parkwhiz code at the parking lot fails me, inexplicably. I have to buy parking from the building, which is about as expensive (still kinda cheap, but still) as the Parkwhiz cost).

- I realize that I'm on the way to the wrong location, so I load Lyft to quickly get me to the right one. My first driver basically drives right past me, and I have to eat a fine for canceling it (it was eventually recinded) because the guy hosed off instead of actually stopping for me.

- My second driver gets me there, surprisingly on time for the show... and it turns out I think I've kinda either outgrown or got kinda bored of the podcast in the first place. Wasn't bad or anything, just wasn't as entertaining as I wished.

So yeah, today sucked. A lot of self-inflicted poo poo, but goddammit today sucked.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

InediblePenguin posted:

Saturday happens before Friday where you live????? how the gently caress can a late Saturday night run into an early Friday morning??

You think a night-to-morning shift is hard, imagine your scheduler is a reality warper and it's a day-to-previous-day shift.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The bar that I've gone to for a long time (mostly out of having a lot of good memories of the place) is rebranding, and I'm worried that it's the first step to closing. After all, the place is still losing money and its manager is still the same incompetent dink.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
One of the podcasts I've dug, Thinking Sideways, is shuttering due to one of the hosts moving away.

It's not up there as one of my favorites, but it's still a solid "listen for the hour while doing something else" podcast.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My drawer at work would've been numerically perfect/balanced, as long as I rightfully allocated a few bucks to the change machine.

I forgot to allocate a few bucks to the change machine :(

Add for more content: I think my stress levels are rising more than I thought, because my mouth is breaking out in canker sores. I've got at least two. :(

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 04:56 on Aug 2, 2018

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
One of the programs on my computer isn't working right, and while the problem is a known one, 90% of the comment are grognards going "lol so whut don't use it".

Like, yeah, the software that comes with GeForce cards, GeForce Experience, isn't that important a program, but it's hey-here's-our-suggested-settings feature is kinda nice, and I just want it to work to get a decent starting point for a new video card.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I couldn't make my normal huel-milk-banana-vanilla breakfast smoothie today because I forgot to pick up some bananas last night. So I had to settle for an alternate, huel-milk-mint smoothie.

I mean, it's still good, but not as good as normal.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
As I was walking into a bar, I noticed a clearly dying / injured bird in the walkway. It was either trying to get up, or pushing itself on its side into the nearby bushes.

I couldn't do anything, so I just went inside. :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Had a terrible day a work becsuse my brain decided that the the last few days of sleep decided not to actually count as rest, so ive been exhausted all day in a haze of not being able to function, nearly falling over, and forgetting things within minutes of them happening. like, I had to text my not-there boss today about somerthing and it took me 20 minutes to get my fingers to make the words.

driving home last night was a nighmare driving home, because I was literally seeing things. slept for like twelve hours. didnt help. still exhausted.

tonight I got into a car accident on the way home. :( rammed straight into someone I didnt have the reaction time to avoid. shes fine, my shin is killing me (possible broken leg?) that hosed up my front end pretty badly. i've got insurance on both my car and health, but this really sucks.

(I'll take a probe if this counts as seemingly drunk-texing, I'm having trouble typing even after five hours of resting afterwards. I am so very tired.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 11:56 on Sep 13, 2018

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I got drunk and texted some people.

Harmless stuff, but ny autocorrects are in shambles. Literally every word is misspelled, to the point where every word in this sentence was wrong.

bonus well-poo poo annoyance: I have blackout curtains, so I'm used to it being dark in my apartment. What I didn't realize is that it's two in the loving morning. :smith:

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 08:19 on Sep 23, 2018

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I found out today that someone I had a low key interest in is fuckin sixteen..

Like, I'm in a long term monogamous relationship. I'm not exactly looking for anything. But I don't know what's worse; that she's underage, or her stories about old men not giving two shits about her being sixteen.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Picnic Princess posted:

That's a lot to unpack.

Yeah, imagine being that dude who has to unpack it. I wasn't trying to sleep with her or anything, I just thought she was cute.

But like I said, the worst part is the stories she told me about guys who didn't have the NOPE NOPE SIXTEEN ABORT ABORT rule wired into their brains. Like, OK, I'm OK that my reaction was revulsion, imagine dudes who didnt.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A gift I bought for a friend (A Displate, those metal posters you might see ads for online) isn't perfect, and it's annoying for a bunch of reasons.

First off, its not half as crisp as the picture on the store says. It looks blown up from a smaller size, with the whole thing looking like someone casually increasing the size of an image in Photoshop. Which I might've done too many times, so I know what it looks like.

Secondly, this is the second time this has happened. This is the one I bought with store credit because the last one I bought I returned because - wait for it - the product looked bad because it looked blown up and blurry, and surely that was because I bought a Large poster last time, and surely if I bought a Medium one it wouldn't look blown up, right?

Thirdly, by sheer coincidence I've bought previous Displates for people, and theyve turned out fine. But for this one person, I'm 0 for 2.

And finally, I'm not 100% sure if anyone but me would even notice the image blow-up, because they haven't done the sort of thing I do (try and make a picture bigger, be unsatisfied with the results, repeat)

TLDR my day is low key ruined because the second gift for a specific person is Bad and I'm not entirely sure the Badness is just something that personally offends me. I just want a perfect gift :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
As I alluded to the other day, my life hasn't been so good. So not-good that I spent most of the day just laying around with my phone (s7) charging while I did random poo poo.

I decided to take a nap, rather unsuccessfully, when I hear/feel my phone vibrating. Text message?

Nope, phone decided to restart itself. Odd but okay, surely that's a random-but-whatever, right? Nope, it's been in a restart loop for the past hour. I've done some Googling and tried every suggestion, and none of them work, just changing which screen my phone displays before crashing and rebooting itself. Its two major modes right now are off-but-won't-charge and restart-every-few-minutes.

I've been relying on facebook messenger to get the word out to most people (because while Verizon provides the ability to text via a computer webpage, it doesn't loving work*), but a whole lot of poo poo is now out of my control. Can't text people (including my brother who will kinda-helpfully-but-make-you-feel-bad-for-asking drive me to the store tomorrow**, can't control my smart lights, no practical alarm clock (because I don't need one, I had a phone for that), my partner is out of town with family issues so I can't get help from her, and happy loving new year in general.

* Just realized that it doesn't really let me save/export the entire text history of a close friend of mine, which is a major gut punch

** Not sure if I mentioned it, but I got into a car accident a while back and totalled my car, so I'm relying on Lyft to get around.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 02:20 on Dec 31, 2018

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm assuming you asked in the designated phone etc subforum about this? Someone there may be able to help out with that, they're pretty good with quickly figuring out hardware issues like that in my experience.

This might be the grumpiness of the entire shitshow revealing itself, but I didn't because the issue isn't some niche/mysterious issue, but one that is common enough to find all the solutions and all of the outcomes, and I was hitting dead ends on every one of them. All goons would be able to do is suggest things I've already done a bunch of times before bringing the question up, and I would've hit a probe level of assholeness really quickly.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My Lyft driver forgot to mark me as dropped off, so I had to go through a whole rigamarole to get the ride ended and charged for what I was actually should've been. It was resolved, but man it was frustrating.

I really hope the driver doesn't get in trouble for this; she's always been good to me and I don't believe she did it to screw me over. I could see her in the apps map and it looked to me like she was trying to tell the app I was dropped off.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Was woken up early because my computer was making some really loud, odd noises. Thought I fixed it, I was wrong, and it happened again.

Turns out there was a plastic film (which, shock and awe, had the words REMOVE WHEN INSTALLING on my video card that both my brother and I missed) which was hitting its fan and making the noise.

Now I'm awake early, on my day off, and I'm sweaty and warm from stress.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
^ Jesus, my sympathies.

I'm kinda sick, and I'm dealing with a symptom I haven't had since I was a little kid: the asthma attack that doesn't respond to medications for more than a few minutes. It's better if I sit up to sleep, but I'm a lay-down-on-my-side sleeper so it's not working, yet.

I just want to sleep.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I had a delivery (a last-minute gift for a friend) be delayed just long enough (it'll be 9am to 6pm... no it'll be noon... oh sorry it'll be 2pm) that it made everything a mess, schedule wise. Things would've been better had I remembered to bring my phone charger with me, so I could just go point-to-point, but I forgot it at home so everything wound up being pushed back by about two hours or so, plus or minus.

Like, I took the day off so all and all it wasn't a total loss, but it's still annoying.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This borders on FWP:

I haven't felt really good lately (physically or mentally), and I think either watching some poo poo on youtube or zoning out with a new video game would do me wonders. But nothing is hitting my brain in the pleasure centers at the moment, so it's a lot of "I know this isn't what I want to play/watch, but this isn't it" and its bringing me down even more.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I bought a jacket online, and forgot the whole "apparel designed in China is sized somewhat smaller" idiom. The jacket is actually quite nice, but if I try and zip it up it's far too tiny. I don't expect it to be a major problem (in that I bought it as a light spring jacket that you don't need to zip up anyway), but it's still kinda annoying.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Really low on the lovely scale, but I took a nap because I was beat, and the good news is that it lasted just long enough to recharge me without causing me to be tired from oversleeping.

The ~20 minutes of full on Nap Amnesia? Terrible. Took me too long to realize what time it was, what day it was, if I was late for something, etc.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Forgive the unintentional pun, but my day is lovely because... well, I'm having lower GI issues. Nothing like a) feeling like you gotta fart a lot and b) understanding you absolutely cannot Trust The Fart is annoying.

e: what a perfect thread snipe, talking about having the shits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
lovely thing 1: Due to a case of oh-I-need-this-toos dring a trip to the grocery store and a second store, I wound up having to carry an extra bag from the grocery store. The second bag had something bulky/cumbersome enough in it that it wasn't the easiest of grips with one hand, so it made the remainder of my shopping more annoying than I would have liked. Oh, and it was windy as hell today, which means the bulky item caught every stray gust of wind.

lovely thing 2: On a whim, the other day I bought some of those put-your-shoes-into-these-to-turn-them-into-skates, only realizing after the fact that 90% of the places I'd like to skate around are expressly "don't skate here" places.