Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Cat ran away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Got a letter from USAA stating that the debit card transaction dispute I made three months ago was ruled in the merchant's favor because I couldn't provide a mechanic's letter stating the part I bought (exhaust part) was incorrectly manufactured, so they're going to take that $435 out of my account on the 30th. Which is payday, and also rent-due-day.

I couldn't provide a mechanic's letter, only about a hundred photos with measurements of the stock parts and the reproduction part I purchased, because it's a goddamned exhaust for a 45 year old VW, and being incorrectly made by such a gross amount (4 inches) should be obvious to any chucklefuck and no mechanic will touch a car of this age in Phoenix without charging well above and beyond the $400 the exhaust cost originally!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
They sell hotdogs at gas stations now.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Excederin is just ibuprofen and caffeine

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
$400 for a car cleaning lolwut. For $200 you could buy a steam cleaner AND a shop vac and do it all by yourself in 20 minutes. Nobody "has" to get a car cleaning. Are you entertaining diplimats or something?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Listen this is a bitching safe space. Don't question. I already made that mistake.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Seems pretty accusatory. Everybody leaves something out. That's the point here I think.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

queserasera posted:

The GOP tax bill.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Burns can take up to 72 hours to fully express. If you've got a blister, look forward to more damage to show up.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I think I have depression depression. I took prozac for a few years before joining the army, but stopped during and even during the transition to the national guard after a few years. Guard ends next month so I've been trying to distract myself by taking online classes and getting a new much higher tempo job a few months ago.

After the gf broke up with me last month (but still living together until March, lease) I've just kind of closed in. I woke up this morning wishing I hadn't.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Surprise! A burn typically takes three days to set in. So, you could be fine now, blister a bit tomorrow, and then day after tomorrow the tip of your finger sloughs off or whatever. You're in for a treat. I dripped some hot glue on my leg by accident and I thought I was fine until two days later it cavitied and I had a 5mm hole in my leg for two weeks.

Source: I literally work in a burn center.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Well, it didn't convert ("burn wound conversion," where a superficial burn spontaneously turns into a thicker wound sometimes days in), but the fact that it was white is a sign it was in the family of burns that could do that. I'm glad you're okay, burns are no joke.

There are prescription wound treatments (like silver silvadene or santyl) that speed up and "cleanse" the process significantly, but that's a lot of money to save two days of burn for something smaller. If it's a large portion of a limb, or a portion of the body, then we slather that poo poo on, because 2-5 fewer days with a whole body burn is gigantic.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Riatsala posted:

Signed a lease on a new apartment last week. This week my neighbor came home from out of town and wouldn't you know, he has a horrible, hacking, smoker's cough 24 hours a day and it's audible whenever I'm in my living room or kitchen. It's every 20 seconds or so. I don't know how he's still alive and I feel bad for being pissed but it's seriously disgusting.

:same: I moved in on the 24th and didn't know for the first few days because I work 12 hour shifts opposite of him I guess. First day off, uh oh.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Bright red is usually just hemorrhoids. Coffee ground/black tar/oreo shits are dangerous.

Peeing red is almost never benign though get that poo poo checked out.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Hey, at least in Burn when we even have the slightest sniffle they send us home. Even to the point of floating peds nurses up to burn to cover the floor when a burn nurse stays home. Something about most of our patients having square feet of missing skin/open wounds.

Makes it impossible to build PTO, though, as you're always using it :argh:.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Warning: Picture of legs.

A few weeks ago I finally caved/cracked my eggshell and agreed with myself that I needed to make some changes. This morning, I attempted the first of those changes as a kind of self-test, and cut myself shaving pretty bad. Still bleeding a few hours later - that's what I get for using my dull face DE blade on my legs. Also, could be from over-caffeination or dehydration, but my hands pruned up like a motherfucker.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No. Hostile environments and wrongful firings apply to businesses of any size. You're thinking of things like healthcare and unemployment insurance and poo poo.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Mine too. I use Buffered VPN to get around it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I bought a phone on ebay (as per tradition, every two years or so instead of buying new) and this is the first time the one I bought was stolen/collections, so I've got to return it.

Was bound to happen eventually but dang it's annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
New class schedules posted for the next semester and I'm losing all of my buddies in the restructuring :smith: