Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Important present I ordered for Christmas was due to arrive by tracked courier. Their system was busted so I had no idea when it was coming, it said it was on delivery 156 all day and I was number 160. So I wasted my day waiting at home (for several parcels), none of which arrived before 8pm. Finally the system updates at 9pm to say that it had been safely delivered and signed for by me, when in fact there has been zero attempt to even deliver it.

Now there's no chance I'll get it in time, and as a bonus I may not even get my money back because it has been signed for in my name which either means the driver has delivered it to the wrong address and forged the signature or just taken it for themselves or something.

Merry Christmas! :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Slime posted:

There's basically no way those signatures stand up in a small claims court, especially if they're done on this lovely touchpads that are always scratched to all hell and barely have room for a tiny signature. If you don't get your packages/money, bitch up a storm.

Chances are I'll get something from the company I ordered from, but it feels lovely because it's not their fault. Courier service is overloaded with Christmas orders on a tight schedule so they cut every corner imaginable. I was probably the last delivery of the entire day or something and they wanted to go home. I had a delivery from the same courier service the next day that was delivered and signed for "by me" on the website before the driver even stepped out the van to ring my doorbell.

So far both customer support services have neglected to reply but I haven't chased it up on the phone because I'm away from my house now and I'll just sort it out after Christmas when people actually go back to work. For all I know the driver did a drive by to throw my parcel in the bin I put out for recycling and just drove off. Wouldn't surprise me. All the driver has to say is they don't remember that particular delivery. And the lovely touchpad is probably just an unreadable squiggle. I don't doubt they will fob off all responsibility and then the company will have to send me another because it is technically their responsibility that the parcel is delivered through their 3rd party service even if they have no control over their unscrupulous business practices.

I'm reasonably optimistic about it, was feeling pretty mad at the time about being cooped up all day due to not knowing when my delivery would arrive to have that poo poo served up to me at the end of it and probably got unrealistically negative about it.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Killing yourself because you're sad that other people killed themselves is a Top 10 Most Ironic Deaths

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

it even says safe space in the thread title. false advertising!!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

fizzymercy posted:

A thorough detailing on a car that hasn't ever been deep cleaned is worth every loving penny. The luxurious feeling lasts for forever! And bonus, now you can just wander up to any lovely carwash and get the same clean for a fraction of the price.

My day is already poo poo. I stood up out of bed and promptly fainted face-first into my nightstand. Never done that before. I lost two hours of time, my forehead has dent in it, and I can't afford to miss work. Hope I don't faint in front of a bunch of roughnecks. I'd never live that poo poo down.

Any theories as to why? I'd be highly tempted to go and see a doctor a) because fainting for no reason is weird, and b) slamming your head at full force into a solid object can be pretty dangerous. Be aware that some symptoms of a head injury can take a little while to manifest. Not to make you paranoid or anything.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

fizzymercy posted:

Jeza you were right, no paranoia needed. You probably saved my drat life dude. Not going into specifics, but once I read your post I realized I was loving up and went to the ER. I'm in the ICU and doing better. My job is even giving me time with pay!

I can't believe I'm dumb enough to think I was going to work like that. Goddamn US working conditions had me seriously convinced risking horrible death was worth trying to show up anyway.

That's crazy. I'm glad you're doing OK and that your job is cool with everything. Concussion and things can be insidious as gently caress.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Spent 3 hours ferrying my grandmother home, got back to eat very briefly before going to pick up my dad from hospital. In that space of time a van of Eastern European builders managed to reverse and rear end my car (which was parked appropriately and not near them) and they drove off without leaving a note. Fortunately some OTHER builders across the road witnessed them doing it. So then I had to drive to the hospital anyway which is about an hour there and back vaguely anxious about my hosed up rear end, and then the journey back was torturous because of god knows what and it took like 2.5 hours by which time it was dark and I missed the entire day. Also I'm finding driving people marginally stressful because I just started driving again recently after having passed my test like 3 years ago.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

I can't deal with my family anymore. They only contact me to complain about how I'm not good enough. I really wish they'd leave me alone.

Picnic Princess posted:

My mom has decided that me asking her to reach out and stop ignoring me on purpose while I'm sick means she should do all that even harder now. Got a message saying she's never going to bother trying and she's removing herself from my life. Cool.

Shouldn't this be in the "why was your day so great today" thread?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

just stubbed my little toe so hard

so hard

it's been like twenty minutes and it still hurts real bad. was literally about to go to gym and now I can hardly walk

holy gently caress

my toe

jesus

this is the worst thing that's ever happened

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

taiyoko posted:

Hope it isn't broken. My sister once broke her toe kicking a door jamb, spiral fracture so they had to twist it back into place. Worst part for her, though, was that the doc didn't wait long enough for the local to kick in, so she had to feel it get twisted back.

That sounds terrible. Fortunately, it was not broken, and if it is a fracture it is very minor. Do have a fist sized bruise rainbow bruise and was hardly able to walk for two days lol. Still limping but at least I can actually go outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Dare I ask what you are trying to hire somebody on Taskrabbit to do, MrBibs?