Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Haven't even started work and I can already tell my supervisor is in a really lovely mood. She's a bitch at the best of times so this is gonna be a fun night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

DicktheCat posted:

I haven't had a medicine that makes me sick to not have in like days. and then I get on it again and it's awful.

I finally actually cried about it because poo poo sucked.

Man, all it takes is one day for my meds to make me feel like poo poo for not taking them. It's also a pill so I don't have that taste problem.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Simsmagic posted:

I needed to submit a revised form of this paper for this class that I'm taking but missed the deadline by seconds. I emailed it to him in the thin hopes that the professor will grade that one rather than the one I sent earlier but I'm not holding my breath.

Unless they're a particularly brutal hardass, you should be okay.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm not sure if I'm getting sick or just have allergies. Sinus, why you gotta be like this?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Simsmagic posted:

It wasn't accepted.

Is there a channel for complaints? Not too many will argue that it isn't a dick move but whether or not it's actionable is a different matter.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

treiz01 posted:

I work at a lovely gas station and today this rear end in a top hat overdosed and died right in front of me. He was acting really drunk, but in the time it took him to cross the store, he dropped bonelessly to the ground with blood pouring out of his mouth. The other junkie who was with him was yelling that he was diabetic or something, who loving cares. I called the ambulance but the guy wasn't breathing. The paramedics brought him back to life, but when they told him they needed to take him to the hospital, he tried to bolt. I had him by both arms but the paramedic told me to just let him go, and then all I could do is wipe his blood off the floor and get back to work.

I feel like "someone died in front of me" is a good time to give someone a couple days off :stare:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
My mum is putting her dog down today. Poor thing has had a really rough time in the past few days. :smith:

e: Dog is gone. Rest in peace, Chelsea.

Intoluene has a new favorite as of 06:52 on Nov 30, 2016

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
My car's power window switch just broke and I have to go in to work with one of my windows down. Please be there when I finish work, car. :ohdear:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm starting work at 9 after finishing at 10 last night. I'm real loving tired already.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Intoluene posted:

I'm starting work at 9 after finishing at 10 last night. I'm real loving tired already.

I got home and told the instant I walked in that I'll have to go to my sisters to help fix something. No idea what but my dad has a cordless drill with him so this might be a while. All I want to do is nap.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
I handled a bunch of bananas and one of them had an egg sac on it. Queue hundreds of tiny spiders crawling all over the bananas as I went to put them in the customer's bag. They're in the trash in their own plastic bag now.

:barf:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Packyy posted:

I bet someone's already said this, but can I complain about complaining? I feel like compulsive complaining ruined my life. Like I couldn't shut myself up. Also apparently it's highly psychologically unhealthy?

Edit: I forgot this is supposed to be about your day. I'm lonely I guess. I have a hard time concentrating. I'm being eaten alive by guilt from the things I've done.

I say this with 100% certainty. Go see a therapist. You're guilty for complaining about things worth complaining about? Sounds like some real self-esteem issues and I say that as someone WITH self-esteem issues.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
My dad's girlfriend went off the rails yet again last night. Seems to have a problem with me and my sister in particular for the heinous crime of living together with my dad (rent and utilities shared equally). Dragged on so late, I'm freaking tired today.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Pastry Mistakes posted:

I'm a thirty something failure whose had too many years of unemployment/underemployment and I just managed to get a good paying job solely because I know someone who works at this place. I should note that this is the first time I've ever taken advantage of knowing someone to get a job.

And I'm realizing that after three lovely days of training that I might not be able to do this job. But I desperately need it because I only have $150 to my name.

I'm feeling like a real worthless piece of poo poo.

Imposter syndrome is a real thing and I think you're knee deep in it. You wouldn't have been hired unless they thought you could do it. I'm going through this poo poo with a new job myself and the confidence does build. Worst case, just loving ask somebody if you're not sure. You're the new guy, they're expecting questions from you.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

fizzymercy posted:

Jeza you were right, no paranoia needed. You probably saved my drat life dude. Not going into specifics, but once I read your post I realized I was loving up and went to the ER. I'm in the ICU and doing better. My job is even giving me time with pay!

I can't believe I'm dumb enough to think I was going to work like that. Goddamn US working conditions had me seriously convinced risking horrible death was worth trying to show up anyway.

Holy poo poo, hope you're doing okay. If he didn't say that, I would have.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Going to a see a gig by someone I've been a fan of for ten years. I'm deaf in my left ear. My right ear seems to have gotten blocked and I can barely hear anything. Terrific.

Your earwax just decided to make itself in to an earplug. You should be grateful to it.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
My last 45 minutes at work were just waiting for a call to drop in. I accomplished nothing in that time.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Mild Fibrillation can really sneak up on people, yeah. There's probably burns there, too.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
The one place I can park due to working late shift is a club with a frankly huge car park. Today they started putting a guard at the drive way, ensuring you actually enter the club.

Bitch, this is the only place I can park without the place closing before I finish and spending 50 bucks for a guy to come out. :argh:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Thin Privilege posted:

It is also possible that she had PMS but like, don’t let that affect you.

I recommend not saying that part when your boss speaks to you. The rest is good.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

oh dope posted:

My ex wife's dad was taken off life support yesterday. Super cool, laid back guy, going way too soon. He and I were never really close, but it sucks for my (our, I guess) teenage daughter, who really adored him.

The big problem is my ex, a colossal drama queen gently caress up who simply must make everything about herself. Her mother died years ago, but her mother's family wants absolutely nothing to do with her these days because of her caustic bullshit. Now that her dad (stepdad technically, but he was around since she was a baby) is passing away, it's extremely likely his family going to black ball her as well, especially after having a meltdown on Facebook today accusing the family of keeping her out of the loop (hmm I wonder why). And of course she's dragging our two kids into it, trying to use them as leverage for sympathy. My 7 year old doesn't really understand what's happening, but my daughter is beside herself. Of course, my ex is convinced that she's the only person on Earth grieving. A cousin is coming to pick the kids up to see him one last time today, but I'm worried that their mom will start some poo poo and my kids will have to see it.

I have full custody of the children because I can hold a job for more than a couple months and because I don't have a crippling addiction to pills and booze and also because I'm not a lying, manipulative degenerate.

I could go on, but gently caress it. I feel better.

Sometimes you really do need a good vent. I'm sorry to hear about your ex father in law and your ex doesn't drag everything down in a maelstrom of bullshit. :glomp:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
My work flooded so now I have to work out of head office this week. This sucks. :saddowns:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
The support team at work is letting people go home early on annual leave but only if they finish 2 hours before close. I have the close shift.

Edit: they offered extra day off for tomorrow. I didn't get it. Now I'm just real mad that i basically got teased time off.

Intoluene has a new favorite as of 07:31 on Jul 5, 2018

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

om nom nom posted:

I hit a fuckin dog on the way home from fireworks last night.

Driving down a back road with a 45 mph speed limit from a friend's house, the dog bolted into the road in front of my car. I slammed on the brakes, my speed got down significantly, but still hit her pretty hard and she went tumbling. She got up and went running imto the darkness, I pulled over and helped the owners who were running towards the road look for her. We found her after not much time, she was standing up, bleeding from her mouth a bit, but at least 1) alive and 2) no broken legs.

There were three people, a guy and two women, I'm assuming a couple that owned the dog and a friend. The woman who owned the dog was absolutely hysterical, and understandably so. I was in shock and just telling them how sorry I was, offered to drive them to the vet, we were in a pretty rural area, but they said they lived just up the hill. The guy picked up the dog and carried him towards the house, the first woman was in tears and my girlfriend was hugging, apologizing, and consoling her, and the second woman and I exchanged information.

We got home, and not too long after I got a text that they were at the vet, and that they had gotten x-rays and there wasn't any severe damage, some serious bruising, but no broken bones or internal injuries. I apologized again and told them to tell me what their vet bill was. They told me that they appreciated that we stopped and helped them, and that it was their fault and should have had the dog on a leash or lead. I said that regardless of fault I felt terrible and to let me know whatever they need.

I've never experienced anything like that. Holy poo poo. The split second of seeing an animal run out into the road, then realizing it's wearing a bright pink collar and is someone's pet. I can't imagine how the owners are feeling. I'm just glad that it wasn't too serious and the dog is going to be alright. If I killed that dog, holy poo poo I don't even know. I feel like I handled the situation as best as possible, and I've still felt like a piece of poo poo for the last 24 hours. I definitely didn't have the shittiest day of all parties involved, but my god I feel like an rear end in a top hat.

It never feels good but understand that your quick reaction saved that dogs life. You're an awesome person for stopping and helping too. :glomp:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
I saw a dog get hit by a train while waiting for my train to work. He landed near the crossing and there was nothing I could do. He was barely breathing when I ran over to him and he died a couple minutes later. He was wearing a collar.

I should have done more before it got to that point. Grabbed him and take him to the cafe nearby with a little dog pen. Spooked him away from the tracks, SOMETHING. There's a pet dead and it's my fault.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Aesop Poprock posted:

He got hit by a train. I know it's going to be traumatizing for a while but he was only alive because of adrenaline for a little, there's literally nothing you could have done to save him. I hope that sinks in after awhile because seriously, at least you were company to him. It's the best thing you could do, and it probably calmed him a little

I meant beforehand when he was wandering around the crossing before going further down the track but that's still not really my fault and I know it. Pretty sure shock knocked it out so at least it wasn't in pain.

I broke down a couple times but at least it wasn't while on the phone because we were busy as gently caress.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Got up early to see the eclipse. It's cloudy. :smithcloud:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Yeah, that's complete horseshit.

In content news, Daylight Savings just started here so I lost an hour's sleep. Even discounting that, I'm waaaaay more tired than usual. gently caress daylight savings.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm being sued for attacking someone I've never heard of (rather viciously, if this document I've got is to be believed) in a place I've never been to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Look up the actual number of the courthouse and call to find out if it's a genuine summons. If it is, you have to show up.

It's genuine, yes. Pre-trial conference in August