Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I was supposed to be on this work contract for six months (with the possibility of permanent employment afterward), but just got told that the company "is all caught up" on the work they needed me to do so they're terminating it early.

After one and a half months.

And I turned down another job offer to take this one because I thought "Oh, it's a good company, this is stable work, I have a history with them and they seem to really like the work I do, at the very least I won't be out of work over the holidays."

But nope. I guess we disagree on what the word "contract" means.

I wouldn't even be bothered if they'd told me they just needed someone to play catch-up on this project, but they really made it sound like it'd be long-term, steady work and now I feel like those fuckers lied to me.

And I have to come in every day until Friday pretending nothing's wrong, oh gee I guess I'm leaving a bit earlier than I thought, well that's okay, I'm really grateful for the opportunity and certainly not about to burn any bridges with one of the largest employers in the area, aren't you guys great.

This week is going to suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Because this week wasn't already awesome enough, I just lost one of my favorite pens by having it roll off the back of my desk and get stuck between it and the cubicle wall, so there's no way to get it out without tearing apart the row of cubicles. :argh:

Luckily I already took my anxiety meds (the day started poorly), so I'm just zen enough to write it off and give my blessings to whoever finds it the next time they rearrange departments. But still. Dammit, I loved that pen.