Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Scathach posted:

another roommate had half my stuff in the living room blocking the door (...) he was halfway through trying to steal my room (...) gently caress that guy he doesn't even pay rent.

What on EARTH

Do you live on some sort of dystopian outer space planet-mining ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

My lungs hurt so much from coughing nonstop for 3 days. I've come so close to throwing up from the force of coughing too. I also need to eat but I have zero appetite and feel nauseous. I wish I could be put in a coma.

Edit: scratch that; I did throw up.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I grew a beard which I hate but everyone else seems to love, which I guess means I was ugly before, I don't know

and that beard plus my bedhead and sleepy eyes makes me look like I orchestrated the 9/11 attacks

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I am almost certainly coming down with a cold. Last night after I got home from work, nasal spray opened me up enough so that I wasn't a total gasper, but this morning, the whole facial breathing apparatus is clumsy and leaky.

This will be my first cold with a beard; I've gone clean-shaven all my life until about a month or so ago. This complicates things way more than I had planned for and if I could go home and shave the drat thing off, I would.

I'm grumpy about this, too, because tonight was the Halloween party at work (not, like, a cool party or anything; it's more for people to bring their kids, but the camaraderie and goofing off is always a pleasant event) and tomorrow is the chili cookoff which there's no way I'm going to lose unless I'm either too sick to cook/show up OR someone brings in another one of those crockpot dishes that's, like, shredded chicken and cheese whiz and noodles with the word "chili" sloppily and incorrectly affixed to it like the word "TAXI" on the side of the titular love bug in Herbie Goes Bananas (1980)

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 12:31 on Oct 26, 2017

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Intoluene posted:

My last 45 minutes at work were just waiting for a call to drop in. I accomplished nothing in that time.

but nothing went wrong in that time, either, which is pretty remarkable whenever human beings are involved

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Slime posted:

just use your beard and moustache to absorb snot

My cold went away overnight :)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

We Know Catheters posted:

I poo poo three times today

Better out than in.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

InediblePenguin posted:

good morning the police are at my house because my 14-year-old sister threw the kitchen table at our mom because she can't go to Dave and Busters because she's grounded for stealing from her teachers at school

I stop reading the paper for a few months and Slylock Fox gets loving dark

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Grief is never, ever done with you.

You mind says "but this was four years ago," and your heart says "but this was four years ago."

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Got home from work to find mom with a 100 degree fever, in a lot of pain, and brought her to the emergency room, and we've been sitting here for like 3 hours with no progress waiting, and don't even know what's going on yet. Good poo poo

Best wishes to you and your mother. Keep us posted.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Dear god, man, hang in there. The both of you.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I met the loveliest cat at a cat cafe on Saturday, and on Tuesday my adoption application was approved. I was scheduled to bring her home this afternoon, but I just found out that she's been diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and a fever, and she'll need to run a course of antibiotics and get the all-clear from her vet. That'll be about a week or so.

I'm glad they caught it, and I know she's being cared for and will be fine, but I was really looking forward to today.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to reach out to an old friend, but it's been too long because you're a hermetic, lazy person.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Please don't think people are ignoring your situation, because jesus loving christ dude, but, like...I've been trying to type up a response to that multiple times and keep hitting cancel the last few hours and...I can't. There's nothing I can adequately say. I just hope you're with people who care about you and are safe. Goddamn, my condolences.

He said a straightforward thing, here, but not an easy thing to say, and I think it speaks for a lot of us.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

child abuse flashbacks in the middle of the night are pretty crappy, it turns out

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mikl posted:

I got mad about video games.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Had to say goodbye to my cat today, taken way too loving soon by FIP.

That is such a cruel, cruel disease.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

InediblePenguin posted:

My car stalled out when I pulled into my parking spot at work this morning and now Ive found out that it's completely dead. The entire engine is blown. No compression on any cylinder. I have no car at all. I also have literally $0 in savings and i don't know what I'm going to do? I don't even know how I'm getting home tonight and back to work tomorrow? I kind of want to just loving die?

You don't have PMs. How did things work out for you tonight?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

she is one year old and I adopted her literally only one month ago

if you check goons.xls you will recall that Maggie died in January after a short and terrible fight with FIP, which is supposed to be a rare illness

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Just got back from saying goodbye. She didn't make it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Hedrigall posted:

It’s the thought that counts

As eating only apples pointed out, this doesn't apply when there's clearly not been any kindness aforethought.

Don't come into this thread to snipe at people.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Woke up to a mess alert on my phone and now I’m nearly stress puking.

What's a mess alert?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

News alert, sorry, my phone loves to autocorrect poo poo constantly. It needs to make a noise or something when it does that since I never notice.

I wasn't being a poo poo; I know you work some rough jobs and didn't know if I'd missed some context.

Yeah, we're probably all in for some weird mornings soon.