Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
I got a call at 1230am to come in at 4am to cover some useless gently caress who didn't show, and was told it's my fault if I don't get enough sleep. When I showed up at 4am, I found out the guy had shown up at 1am and no one called to tell me.

I still went to work at 8 but boy did I not give a gently caress today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Intoluene posted:

My car's power window switch just broke and I have to go in to work with one of my windows down. Please be there when I finish work, car. :ohdear:

Can you get it up? Wedge a small piece of folded over paper between the frame and the glass to hold it in place and at least give the appearance of security.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
The dump of a job I spoke of before is currently up in the air since we still haven't been told whether or not our company's contract has been renewed at the end of the year.

We have known about this for over a month now. Happy holidays!

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

quote:

Also a friend who I am slightly in love with is having relationship troubles and

quote:

whilst

quote:

she's absolutely in need of dumping his sorry rear end like two months ago there's part of me that worries it's just because of my feelings for her.

Hey gonna save you some heartache and let you know right now it is guaranteed she is not interested in you at all.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
So after having my schedule changed from 8am-4pm to 4am-4pm and finding this out the day before it happens two weekends in a row (both Christmas day and New Year's day lol) I put in my two weeks notice today, which prompted my boss to schedule me for two 4am-4am's next week when we usually spread them out between me and the other person.

Gonna be hilarious when I turn in my uniforms on Friday instead unless something happens to change my mind.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Just took 20mg of Ducolax for colonoscopy prep, so my life is probably about to literally be the thread title :v:

Still funny prereg with the hospital over the phone today since the nurse almost immediately asked me if I need any accommodation and I told her I was in my mid 30's so she could skip the next few questions.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Status update: drat that is a lot of poo poo (if you count sheer volume).

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Like, surely there is a way to respond to these lies as lies, right? You had a job for 12 years and don't get a chance to defend yourself at all? You must be leaving something out.

They make more than the average employee and the company needed an excuse to get him off the payroll so they could replace him with a temp or somebody cheaper.

Don't assume malice when avarice will suffice.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

TwystNeko posted:

Being a white male means no support from the govt, and it sucks rear end.

:luckyducky: First Nations! Gettin' all that free mercury saturated land!

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

LOCKED IN A BOX WITH A KEY

As far as I know, that's a straight-up firecode violation and you should ah hell who am I kidding your company doesn't give a poo poo and neither does the local municipality that probably relies on them for the lion share of their tax base.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Surprise $500+ medical bill final notice today because the hospital refused to change my address despite me telling them my new address every time I was there every month for a year. Somehow your collection agency manages to find my address just fine, HMM

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

cyberia posted:

If you can somehow prove that you provided the correct address and never received the bill because it went to your old address they may be willing to waive the collection fees. I work in medical billing and we'll waive fees if the doctor didn't put the right address on the original paperwork or things like that.

I'm going with "ignore it because my credit is already in the toilet and I don't care anymore, and if you garnish my wages I'll quit my job and give every cent I have to the local homeless shelter out of spite" because I really don't give a drat about working with a completely broken system run and staffed by sociopaths only in it for the money.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Belated, but I forgot about this thread.

Friday was the usual drudge work in a hot factory. I drink out of the drinking fountains because gently caress paying for water like a chump. I overheard or noticed people complaining about the water more than usual (I'm in a dumbfuck area where bottled water is perceived as "better"), but I ignored it since it didn't taste any worse than usual. Finally about an hour and a half in, somebody tells me they accidentally temporarily connected or cross-connected water lines from the presses to the lines the water fountains use. I immediately filled up a cup and sure enough it was grey.

Thanks for telling the janitor he was drinking contaminated water, assholes. Luckily I don't think I had enough to do me any harm since I didn't drink that much, they fixed the problem before I got there, and it was slowly getting flushed out I guess?

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Detheros posted:

Lost internet on Thursday and not getting it back until Wednesday minimum, thanks Mediacom.

On the upside it gave you the spare minutes to finish your time machine.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Worthless poo poo company that took over my company has kept us understaffed for two months, and since I'm sick of overtime (literally, I get bloody stools from stress ulcers as well as my IBS flaring up big time if I can't get at least a single day off) I put in my three weeks notice.

It loving sucks, it was a simple security job with decent people, and went from fine to being miserable in the span of two months as a quarter of the staff quit. Current site supervisor can't do anything, they just had a meeting yesterday with the new company and it apparently didn't go well, so it's unlikely that we'll get more staff anytime soon.

gently caress it, whatever, I'm just going to go back to a factory and beat the poo poo out of my body until I can get my house built and paid off.

edit: lmfao just found out today the meeting went so bad said supervisor just changed his three week period before he steps down into a lesser potion into a two week resignation notice. :shepicide:

ryonguy has a new favorite as of 06:49 on Mar 27, 2019

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Last day was last night instead of a couple weeks since I'm (hopefully) starting training with a new company tomorrow.

"My day was lovely" part of this post is I missed one of the area supervisors stopping by to huff and puff like a douche on my last shift because I was out on a round. I really wish I could have met him to discuss the "we don't care about the missing headlight on your company vehicle, just use the highbeams" policy (among other things).

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

MisterBibs posted:

Forgive the unintentional pun, but my day is lovely because... well, I'm having lower GI issues. Nothing like a) feeling like you gotta fart a lot and b) understanding you absolutely cannot Trust The Fart is annoying.

e: what a perfect thread snipe, talking about having the shits.

Isn't it wonderful how you literally can't do anything because you know if you start doing something you might have to stop and crap before you get invested in it, so you sit around waiting for your gut to say "Yes, I really actually want to poop now, go ahead" for hours?

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
On the upside if it's external exhaust related it'll be relatively cheap and isn't hurting your car to run around until it's fixed.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

gently caress 'im, give him the boot. If you don't stick to your guns on this he's just going to make y'all miserable.

Yeah, boot his rear end. Deadbeats aren't your responsibility to reform unless he's a like a long time friend or something, and even then there's a point when you have to cut them off.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

oldpainless posted:

America is a capitalist hellhole where workers are fired for no reason because of right to work and also somehow never fired despite being terrible employees

Right to work has nothing to do with this; you're thinking of at-will employment. Right-to-work is about being able to work in a union shop without paying union dues, in other words being a worthless scab gently caress but you're protected by law.

And useless shitheads are kept around because below a certain level of jobs you take what you can get because anybody worth a poo poo quits as soon as they finish school/get a better career. Hence the only long timers are 50% worthless morons.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Should have ran them so you could see the dead horse races.

Now's there's an event you can't beat.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Got a text one hour ago (~11:30PM) saying I had to open at 5:00AM 30 miles away, on the first day of my weekend. Said job will be a pay-cut on hourly rate because the company pays by site, I won't get overtime because I'm part-time, and the incentive they said they'd give me to do it is taking an extra two days off this week, unpaid. I said no then turned my phone off because gently caress them, so I'm probably out of a job. gently caress this goddamn state, country, and economic system.

I loving give up. This was my last try. I'm 39 goddamn years old, I have no loving skills because I drank myself stupid in my twenties, I'm autistic as hell so doing short hours simple part time dullard work was the only type of job I could manage to keep, and this one was absolutely perfect. Now I'm probably out on my rear end because I refused to drive thirty goddamn loving miles on four goddamn hours of loving sleep and I wish this was just... end. I can't do this any more. I can't fight against a system and people that absolutely do not care if I live or die, that only give a poo poo about me if I'm performing exactly to their precise specifications, I can't. I can't. I can't.

gently caress these bastards, I wish they'd loving die of necrotic genitalia. Goddamn loving assholes. I desperately want a drink, I can't drink, I hate everything about this.

ryonguy has a new favorite as of 05:46 on Jul 29, 2019

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Update: everything is perfectly copacetic, or at least relatively for blowing off work. Supervisor said he had to cover it and was kinda annoyed about it, but said it was over and done with.

So I flipped out and spent the weekend dreading getting fired for nothing :shepicide:

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
I hate to say it, but it's almost certainly being done on purpose:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Double pay is a myth and a lie; if it didn't happen on a holiday, you get your normal pay and you'll like it.
The one upside is there is zero chance of me being called in to cover any shifts now, as 24 hours a week is my maximum. They may be assholes in other ways but they've been great about respecting the hourly limit my disability benefits enforces.
Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

InsertPotPun posted:

get to the loving point when you're calling a business. Don't tell me about your day, don't give me your guesses as to what's wring (if you really knew you'd fix it) answer my loving questions. You're calling a professional for a loving reason and your response to my very basic question shouldn't be "does that matter?" Go gently caress yourself I'm not asking for my health. And don't loving give me your entire history every question I ask. "Does it do that every time?" "well, you see, a few years ago I had a different one and when I moved here..."
In a similar vein "at my house" is NOT THE CORRECT ANSWER TO "And where is your car now?"
And I motherfucking don't need your running commentary. Just get the gently caress out of my way and let me do my job, asking "is everything all right?" and "is it giving you trouble?" every 5 minutes doesn't loving help. If it wasn't loving difficult you wouldn't be here.
gently caress humanity.

Dogs are great though. The highest a human can ever rise on this planet is "pack mate" to a good doggo.
Sorry :(

This is why the cutesy US fake friendly retail service industry sucks because customers expect you to be their buddy. So goddamn sick and tired of idiots answering with joke responses to simple questions.

:smugjones: "Do you know where you're going?"
:clint: "To hell if ah don't change mah ways. HAW HAW!"

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

My phone at work has been constant calls from assholes screaming at me. I may be developing an ulcer. It is crunch time and I am working 13 hour days 7 days a week.

Reroute the callers to the switchboard of a 900 S&M line, they won't know the difference because those kind of people never listen to employees anyways and you'll make bank. Just make sure the perverts calling to get berated know a good customer service role-play script.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Even cheaper than ramen is bulk elbow/whatever-shape noodles, and usually a LOT healthier. Boil up, dump in a bowl and add some butter and seasonings. Or dump on some $1 bottle Italian dressing and some chopped up scrounged veggies for pasta "salad"; keeps pretty good too so you can make a weeks worth at a time.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
It took me awhile to really get the joke, but I now know this is sketch about how much every retail person wants to say gently caress off to every annoying customer, like the dickhead today that got to walk out with a more expensive product they didn't pay for because they bitched enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR7LOtMix9w

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
I call it the Midwest Suffering Index, a corollary to the Protestant Work Ethic wherein unless you are a blind quadruple amputee with leprosy you can't complain because Someone Has It Worse Than You. You get it from growing up in the Midwest and being told not to complain about anything ever.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"There are children starving in Africa. Eat your drat vegetables."

More like "You work fifty hours a week? Well I have to work 60, I don't know what you're complaining about. Plus I like the overtime so you just sound like a whiny Millenial."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Constipated posted:

My day was lovely because they want to up the production quota on my machines to something literally impossible to hit. I understand that production is going up, but cmon guys.. Be realistic. My machines run like poo poo most of the time, everyday its something new loving up.

That's so they can fire you "for cause" when they want to meet profit targets.