Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Thin Privilege posted:

I got a cute necklace for $1 but it's literally causing my skin to feel hot. "Made in China" sticker was prominent on the packaging.

E: it's only been a minute since I posted this and now this thing is seriously hot. What the gently caress kind of nuclear material does China have its... everything?

Lead, nickel, cadmium, take your pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I am stuck in a car with a STEM major who talks constantly and is also hard of hearing. There's this nonstop stream-of-consciousness pseudointellectual yammering at high volume. This is what hell must be like.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

genetic_knockout posted:

Also, while I was at the vet yesterday trying to deal with everything, my husband called to tell me that our brand new $2000+ stove that we literally just bought (still in the packaging, even) had a giant crack in the glass. It was supposed to be installed today (we had new counters put in), but of course now we have to wait for Lowes to exchange it. We've been without a functional kitchen for two months now and I was really looking forward to being able to cook again!

It took Lowes four times to deliver the correct washer and dryer to our house without any damages to either of the machines. Granted, they offered us a dented/scratched ones, but COME ON.

And then we ordered our new dishwasher from the same store and distro and got it right and installed the first time. :iiam:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

The GOP tax bill.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Some days I want a standing ovation for being mature and responsible when surrounded by pants-on-head imbeciles and goddamn it today's one of them.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

My mother's in the hospital and doctors think she might have had a small stroke but they're running tests to make sure. I've tried calling her on her cell phone but I haven't heard back and I'm trying not to assume the worst.

EDIT: She's fine, it may not have been a stroke...but her nonchalance and sarcasm about the whole thing makes it really hard to try and support her.

I brought my Drake has a new favorite as of 19:25 on Mar 18, 2018

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

My boss made a series of bad decisions and the consequences are going to fall on us and the rain starts today.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

There are privately-run concentration camps in the US right now.

To paraphrase that other famous H.L. Mencken quote, it's time to spit on your hands, raise the black flag, and slit some (metaphorical) throats.

I am also having to explain why I'm not in favor of goddamn motherfucking concentration camps and at this point I wish entropy would hurry the hell up and negate this failed universe.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

MisterBibs posted:

lovely thing 2: On a whim, the other day I bought some of those put-your-shoes-into-these-to-turn-them-into-skates, only realizing after the fact that 90% of the places I'd like to skate around are expressly "don't skate here" places.

Invest in a pair of actual skates. Trust me on this one. Ankle support is crucial, especially if you're street skating.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Our habitual roommate lost his job and almost broke the microwave. We were hoping to get him moved out this weekend. Turns out he hasn't found another place to live either. We can't stand him but he literally has nowhere to go and I guess we're too softhearted to kick him out.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

We're aware of the tenants' rights he now has (sigh) and we're doing it the legal way. I just hate that it had to come to this. I feel like he really teabagged our kindness and we've all agreed to get the house more in order (i.e. fumigate the drat place because he's the epitome of foul bachelor frog) before reopening the guest room.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

That is one of my biggest work pet peeves. The only reason I would want to know your life story is if I cared about you and 80% of our patron base I don't. I used to make fun of the concept of a reference interview but really that's what it is: drilling through countless layers of irrelevant unnecessary information to get to what the person really wants.

I'm also tired of telling people no because of COVID. Just by being open to the public we cracked the door and now people are mad that they can't push it all the way open. If I had my way, we'd have closed stacks until there was an affordable vaccine.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

I've sold and shipped a ton of stuff the last few weeks via usps and none of it has arrived at their destinations, tracking info hasn't updated or even been input altogether in some cases, and customers are losing their minds at me. If I start getting hit with mass chargebacks and claims I'm in trouble.

I know usps is having trouble with the holiday season especially after Trump's crony gutted the auto-sorting machines, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Some of the stuff shipped as priority mail has been sitting in one spot for two weeks now.

This is me with what I sent to my secret Santa. It was supposed to get there yesterday but isn't even in the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

mystes posted:

I still need to do my taxes -_-

Goddamn same.