Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Got my college results in the mail yesterday. Sent a photo of them into our class group's WhatsApp group chat. They all saw the message; only one person responded. I've been feeling super detached from everyone in the class group since Easter since I started moving house and had less time to go into college. It just feels like there's another WhatsApp group chat that they all have that I'm not in. They all meet up for drinks (one of them posts videos and photos of it on Instagram) and I don't get invited anymore.

On top of that, a good few of us got conditional offers to a top-up college in England, but it's looking like mine and my husband's finances have been decimated so much by moving house that I won't be able to afford to go to the new college anymore. So now that it's looking like I'd have the full offer but no money to go, I'll be even more isolated from people on the course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

My favourite college lecturer died this morning after fighting Motor Neuron Disease for 2 years.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I have a camera crew job tomorrow morning halfway up the country. Today I woke up feeling super rundown with a sore throat and achy joints. It’s too little notice to pull out of the job or find a replacement and I need the money, but I’m really not looking forward to being sick as a dog tomorrow during the 8-hour car ride

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Goonhusband and I had booked a GoCar for 3 days so we could go to a wedding tomorrow where he’s the best man. Went to collect the car from the collection point at 6pm, only to see on the booking app that the car is 50 kilometers away and isn’t moving. Booking app has no button for ‘where the gently caress is my car?’ so I have to phone their help desk, which from previous experience over the last year has not been a good one. Calls to their help desk either don’t go through at all or you’re left waiting on hold after dregging through dozens of options to find the ‘I wanna talk to a human’ option. After 9 attempts to get through, I was left on hold for 45 minutes without ever getting through to someone. No staff, no answer (app says the help desk is open until 10pm but I’m calling bullshit on that).

Cancelled the booking, and now goonhusband and I have to get the bus AND a taxi to the wedding venue and back again for almost double the price of the booked car.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Inzombiac posted:

My face is dry and rough in patches and I can't figure out why. I've tried everything short of medication but it's ugly and embarrassing.

I drink the water, I moisturize. What more do you want???

This sounds like either psoriasis or folliculitis. I’m not a doctor but I’ve had both of these conditions despite moisturising and everything short of pouring a bucket of water over my head every 15 minutes.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

credburn posted:

I work at a convenience store.

So today this guy walks in and says,

:zombie: HEY MAN HOW MUCH FOR YOUR SLURPEES MAN

and so I tell him how much.

:zombie: Can you alter the price?

:colbert: No. You can buy a smaller cup, though? Like, there are different sizes.

:zombie: gently caress YOU

and so he leaves. But then he comes back a few minutes later.

:zombie: I'M STEALING A SLURPEE

:colbert: What? You can't -- hey, you can't just tell me you're going to steal from here.

:zombie: What are you going to do about it?

:colbert: I... well, I mean...

And I wondered: what could I do about it? I suppose I was within justification to call the police but it sure felt bad to ruin this guy's day, night, maybe further consequences over a slurpee. I don't know what he's got going on, it's probably a lot. He might be homeless, I don't know. But suppose he's just being an rear end in a top hat. What could I do besides call the cops? I'm not going to attack him and I don't think my employer expects me to.

As he's walking toward the door, I say

:colbert: Hey, buddy, listen -- hey listen, man if you walk out of here without paying for that, you're not going to be allowed back in.

:zombie: HERE'S YOUR loving MONEY!

He flings about nine coins at me, mostly nickels and pennies. They ricochet off everything -- he threw them hard, but somehow I wasn't harmed. None of them hit me at all. It was like that scene in Pulp Fiction.

:zombie: QUIT BEING A BITCH!

After he left I found he had dumped slurpee poo poo all over the counter, the floor, the sidewalk outside. The slurpee cost maybe 1.49. He threw about .65 cents at me. I feel kind of bad for the guy, but also, Jesus loving Christ, dude.

I would not feel bad for this toad. Sounded like he deliberately sought out an argument to feel superior.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

slept for 13 hours. can't remember the last time I slept that long, maybe I was just super exhausted from this past week. kinda hosed up all my plans for the weekend, since I slept straight through the daylight hours.

I've just been feeling immensely sad since waking up, for some reason, about chichi, the hamster that died last monday. I guess the way she went really hit me hard. I just don't feel like doing anything at all today.

:sympathy:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

oldpainless posted:

I flipped to an oldies station on the radio today and it was playing Cryin by Aerosmith from 1994 and friends I am Furious

gently caress. Reminds me of when I went to the small St. Patrick's Day parade back in my hometown and they had a section of the parade for vintage cars. At least 3 of them were manufactured after I was born :corsair:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Rough-rear end morning in the Poo household.

My goonhusband was drinking a lot last night (mostly Asahi and Jäegermeister with Diet Coke) and went to bed at 7am having vomited a little bit while he was brushing his teeth. He fell asleep almost instantly and forgot to take his glasses off.

Then at 8:30am he woke up choking on his own vomit in his sleep, ran out into the hallway in a panic trying to get to the bathroom, fell against the wall, banged his head open and landed full force on his right shoulder on the hallway floor. I found him on the ground covered in blood and bile, just sitting there in shock with his glasses in pieces around him. He had no idea why he was on the floor and why I was panicking trying to get him to the bathroom to clean him up. I finally got him alert and off the floor to the bathroom where he very understandably sobered up instantly and we got the blood off him. Turned out the bleeding was from a serious of quite small but deep cuts to his forehead from whatever he hit on the way to the floor, but he now has a pounding headache, a sore shoulder from landing on it, and his only pair of glasses are broken, which he needs to be able to see more than a couple inches in front of him.

Today is the first day of his 3 weeks off from work for Christmas. He’s going to spend 3 weeks with a hosed up head and shoulder.

Poo In An Alleyway has a new favorite as of 13:05 on Dec 17, 2022

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Messaged into the group chat last week for my former classmates from college that the first anniversary of our lecturer passing away is tomorrow so hey maybe we should meet up for drinks to have a toast to him or something and just generally catch up.

Not one response.

Not one loving response.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

People I was in college with for 2 years only contact me when they need me to do them a favour. They all keep in touch with each other and meet up for drinks and to work with each other all the time, and lucky me I get to see it on their Instagram stories, but they only message me to promote a film they all made together that I wasn't involved in. I used to reply to their stories if something piqued my interest, then I realised over the year since the course finished that I never got any responses from any of them ever, none of them ever messaged me about anything I posted, and basically all contact between us was one-sided. So I gave up.

Now 2 of them have messaged me independently in the last week asking me to either promote a festival that one of them was involved in, or to edit an IMDB film credit that's already there to begin with.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6872168882656808197

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I'm probably gonna lose a filming gig I have booked for Saturday next week. I and 2 guys knew about it a month ago, the band who hired us for a job in July told us what date this gig was gonna be on way back at the end of August. All 3 of us knew it was gonna be the last Saturday in September. Now the 2 guys are saying they didn't know and won't be available for it. I can't do this gig alone; there needs to be one stationery wide camera that'll need someone to maintain, one roving on-stage camera person that'll also keep an eye on the drummer's camera, and one roving camera in front of the stage capturing the individual band members performing. I don't get filming jobs very often cuz almost nobody I was in film school with even talks to me anymore and they all hire each other for jobs whether or not they're actually good at what they're being hired to do, so I have to find the jobs myself. Now it's looking like I have nothing.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I've had to go on strike for the week from any cleaning and food shopping to convince my husband to do literally anything around the apartment. I'm fed up of getting up every morning, cleaning all the plates and cutlery that he used the previous night and didn't clean, throwing out all the trash packaging from food he ate and didn't bin, then going to the supermarket to buy all the food we both need, putting it all away without his help, and putting away all the dried plates and cutlery, then going to bed only for the cycle to repeat the next day. This is coupled with me being the only one who takes out all the trash, does any of the clothes washing, all the cleaning around the apartment, buying anything that we're running out of (toilet paper, cleaning supplies, pastas, pasta sauces, milk etc.) before we run out of them instead of doing what he does which is wait until it's already gone then wait for me to get it instead out of frustration etc.

This has been going on for months; I've asked him nicely to help me out so I don't feel like I'm the one doing everything in the apartment to prevent it from looking like a pig-sty, but he always does the same thing: he apologizes, does the thing I asked him to do once, then continues to not do it ever again so once again it falls to me to do it all. I told him this morning that I won't be doing any cleaning or upkeep or food shopping until Monday next week. I'm sick of this; I'm sick of him being able to get up in the morning to find that magically all the plates and cups he used the night beforehand are clean and put away, all the trash he left lying around has walked its way independently to the bins, and all the food he ate has magically been restocked without him putting in any effort whatsoever.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

Someone just an hour ago pulled a gun shaped lighter on me and thought that it was the most hilarious poo poo ever when I flinched.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

A couple months ago my best friends uninvited me for Christmas dinner. I normally go to their place on Christmas Day while my husband goes to his parents' place because I don't have family to spend the day with (my parents are not good people and my siblings are not much better). This year they told me they want to invite her father and sister over instead of me, and I'll admit that I was kinda relieved because I've felt like the vibes have been way the gently caress off between us for the better part of a year. I went to their place tonight with Christmas presents for them and their kids, and they gave me the gift they got me. I try my level best to not be materialistic but in this instance, (this is a trend with them very clearly getting a gift for me at the last minute) I got them a tarot deck designed by Winslow Dumaine that cost about €70 including shipping from the US to Ireland. The gifts I got for their kids cost a little over €100. They got me a deck of cards that cost €6 (I frequently shop at the store they got it from), with a restaurant voucher inside (no idea how much it's even for) for a chain restaurant right around the corner from the shop.

I think I'm done feeling like a hasty afterthought to them. I'd rather spend every Christmas alone now.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

My best friends never texted me to say anything about the gifts I got for them and their kids

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

UwUnabomber posted:

One of my co workers dropped a 60 pound dog down the chute the ashes are supposed to come out of. Theres a large pool of dog grease on the floor and the building smells like Wet Dog Bacon and burned hair.

…..the dog was already dead, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I just discovered that a short film I was hired as a producer and location manager on last summer (director and the other 2 crew members went completely radio-silent in the production’s WhatsApp group chat last September) was shot at the end of last month and nobody working on the production told me about it.