Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
Summer is full on here and my apartment is a goddamn furnace. AC barely works, airflow is minimal. The place just traps in heat which is great for winter but not right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
Before I start, this involves pet death and cancer. Don't want to hurt anyone while they read my rant.

So, I recently spent ten days house/dogsitting. One of the dogs, a 9 year old Great Dane, had what her owners, my mom and stepdad, thought was a "She forgot she's old and did some puppy jumping when we weren't looking" inflammation around her wrist joint. This happened right before the trip, she'd done stuff like that before, so they told me to give her pain medication and ice it over. I did, and it seemed to stay the same size, maybe a bit bigger. She could still move around, albeit limping, and did. I thought that it wasn't healing because she kept using the joint. The same dog otherwise, still played, still slept a lot because she was old.They got back two days ago, decided to bring her to the emergency vet yesterday.

Osteosarcoma.

So, 24 hours after getting back from their very nice trip, they have to make the decision that Xena was way too old to put her through any treatment. One day back, and they had to tell themselves "Okay, she's had a good life, we can't make her suffer for more time with her. Let's just enjoy what time we have left."

The next day she wouldn't stand up. They rode off with her a few hours ago to get her put down.

Two loving days.