Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Felt like poo poo Sunday night, but an appointment wasn't available till today at my primary. Got tested for COVID, etc.

Asked the doctor for good news when she came in with her trainee, she said, "Iiiits not COVID!!...

..But you have both strep and the flu."

I was a miserable pile of symptoms by this point and I thought I was just thinking it, but I guess I blurted out, "Oh gently caress me in the rear end!!" by the way their eyes widened.

I got my scripts and waddled out of there as fast as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

I got COVID. It's a goddamn Christmas miracle.The good thing is that I'm also positive for strep! What, me, an asthmatic and sufferer of chronic bronchitis, worry?:coronatoot:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

My dog, Peanut Rummskull Poppy Blutarsky, just died this afternoon. He was a feisty 16 1/2, until he very suddenly wasn't. He stopped eating, then drinking, despite us trying to spoon feed, or use small syringes of his mushed up food. The world is so much less without this doof.

I'm looking at this button on the cuff of my old coat. I had it on the first day after we brought home Peanut, and I didn't want to leave him in the apartment. I had him peeking out of my duffel as I boarded and sat across this smiling old lady on a Metro North train, just giving him scritches every chance I could.

She had just finished going on and on about how cute Peanut was, finishing with, "What an adorable little angel."

To which Peanut, as if on cue, puked out his breakfast. Mostly on me, but a bit of it making it on the now horrified little old lady.

This button still has a little bit of crusted up puppy barf that years of dry cleaning hasn't gotten out, and hopefully never will.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I got a new keyboard since the spacebar on the old one was dying. I decided since I'm upgrading my computer in a while let's get something nice; I got a SteelSeries Apex 3, it's pretty nice... when it loving works. I'm not entirely sure what the issue is, but this wired USB keyboard will at complete random lose connection to my computer. Sometimes it will pop back up within seconds as if nothing happened. Sometimes it stays down and I have to physically unplug and replug it to unfuck it. Sometimes it goes days without it happening. Sometimes it'll do it 3 times inside of an hour.

It isn't the USB ports, I've plugged it into them all and none of them are shutting it down to conserve power. It isn't the drivers, I've wiped and reinstalled them several times, and factory reset the keyboard itself twice. I've done everything short of a full flatten and reinstall of Windows, and I'm not fuckin' goin' that far for a god be damned keyboard.
So fine, I'll just get the manufacturer to RMA it and hopefully the replacement will not randomly cut out on me.
:pseudo: "We're gonna need you to send photographic evidence that you've destroyed the defective device "
O...kay... little weird, but makes sense, don't want the customer bilking them out of two keyboards I guess. Can I at least have the replacement keyboard to make sure it works, first?
:pseudo: "Oh yeah, sure! Just make sure you send the evidence within 7 days of the new product arriving or you won't be refunded the cost of sending the second one."

Fair enough. Wait, it's been a week since I placed the order, but I made a typo in my address. Can I fix that?
:pseudo: "Actually we're out of stock of the keyboard you asked for. If you could go ahead and send those pics of you fuckin' up the defective one, that would be greaaat. We'll send you a code for the value towards another one afterwards!"

So my options are deal with a fritzing keyboard, or just plain not fuckin' have one! :negative:

Have you tried updating the steelseries engine? It's not the same company, but my corsair mouse started turbo clicking out of the blue and a firmware downgrade or a newer upgrade fixed it.

Also, do you have anything else that can take a usb keyboard, like an xbone/laptop/tablet (probably need a micro USB/usb-c adapter) to test it out?