Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
I keep having anxiety for no real reason and I'm currently recovering from an all-out panic attack which had no discernible trigger. This is insult atop injury, I can't even justify my own mental problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

They just opened a plasma donation center in my town, and I spent all weekend looking forward to going in and selling my bodily fluids for gas money and a couple packs of cigarettes. Unfortunately, even though their website says they're open 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Saturday, they're actually open 10 am to 4 pm Tuesday through Saturday, so I wasted the last quarter-tank of gas in my car for absolutely nothing.

The website doesn't give a local number for the donation facility, either, and the number they do have just connects you with the home office, where they have the same information as the website, so calling ahead availed not :geno:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

e: cat found and i shouldn't whine about her

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 10:08 on Feb 21, 2017

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

CAT IS FOUND

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

had to go to the ER at 6 am yesterday because i couldn't breathe; turns out it's pneumonia and also i'm apparetly a completely nonfunctional loving idiot who can't read and breathe at the same time because i had to sit there on a nebulizer for a full hour and i got incredibly bored but if i tried to read on my phone it would make my oxygen saturation drop and "i'm a ludicrous loving loser who can't breathe and read at the same time" is really the only explanation for that which i can come up with. if i'm this bad at basic body functions i probably should've stayed home and let natural selection do its work tbqh

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I had to go to the emergency room on Thursday because I don't have health insurance because I live in Texas and they rejected all the ACA stuff they possibly could and I have a really bad infection in my face that started as pneumonia and I went to the ER for that back on March 3 and they gave me an antibiotic but not enough of it and I didn't get better but I couldn't afford to go back right away and then I got a sinus infection that had me in pain for three weeks but I still didn't go to the ER because I am scared of the medical debt I'm incurring but finally I had no choice but to go and they gave me another antibiotic but I'm scared because it's really bad and it didn't start getting better literally immediately and my partner made me more scared by talking about infections eating the bone and spreading to the brain and so on and I was already really aware of that and frightened about it so that didn't help and I'm just SCARED, man, I miss being a little kid and being able to just sit back and trust the grownups when I'm sick.

My current plan is if I'm still not improving by Sunday I return to the ER and tell them. Does this sound like a good plan to others? Is that an appropriate amount of time to wait to see if the antibiotics will work? Is it too short, too long, how is it

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

my power is out -- a tornado happened on Sunday afternoon -- and the company's official eta for restoration is loving FRIDAY

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

my parakeet died

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I have bronchitis and it's making me really loving tired and my supervisor who isn't actually my boss he's just my supervisor keeps going on and on about how he had bronchitis and he just powered through it, and I took half days the last two days because I was literally too tired to do my job, and I'm less tired now but I'm still so tired that I want to loving cry, and he just keeps going on about how he powered through it and you need to power through it and he doesn't believe that I'm actually sick as I am he hasn't actually come out and said that he doesn't think I'm that sick but it's just inherent in the way that he's talking to me about it? And I'm just really tired of this whole thing and really want to just go the gently caress home and never come back to this loving job ever again because I'm so loving tired of this poo poo. There are other things going on with this job that are shady but whatever I'm just tired I'm just tired and I want to be allowed to be sick. I got a loving doctor's note and everything but that wasn't good enough because my supervisor powered through it

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

good morning the police are at my house because my 14-year-old sister threw the kitchen table at our mom because she can't go to Dave and Busters because she's grounded for stealing from her teachers at school

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Strudel Man posted:

How big is this table?

it seats eight

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

My space heater broke. Good thing Amazon gets stuff here quickly and it's not the middle of winter yet.

is your sister she-hulk?

She didn't pick it up over her head and toss it across the loving room overhand. It was more like flipping it but the kitchen's small, my sister's about 5'10 and not exactly a slight skinny damsel while our mom is almost 60 and exactly five feet tall, and it was a physical threat which she later followed up with punching. It is not the first time she has done this. But since she's ~only fourteen~ it was never taken seriously, even by the police the multiple times I've had to call them about it, until today (she was admitted to a hospital for mental health observation). Of course I'm not surprised it's not being taken seriously by goons either, we're goons.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

My mom told me three times to remember to pick up my younger brother at school at 9 because he had some kind of loving party or some poo poo to attend so I got here at 9 and he was nowhere to be found so I texted him and he replied to me at 9:30 saying no it's over at 10 and there's no point in me turning around and going home because by the time I got home I would just have to turn right back around and immediately come back to the loving school. I just have to loving wait here until this loving party is over in my car in a high school parking lot for an hour at 17°f

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

edit: nvm

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Feb 8, 2018

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Made a bunch of stupid mistakes at work the last two days. Pissed a couple of customers off and cost the shop about $150 in stuff we had to give goodwill credits for. want to die in my sleep before tomorrow's shift so I can't gently caress up any more.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

InediblePenguin posted:

Made a bunch of stupid mistakes at work the last two days. Pissed a couple of customers off and cost the shop about $150 in stuff we had to give goodwill credits for. want to die in my sleep before tomorrow's shift so I can't gently caress up any more.

i woke up this morning and set a goal of making it through ONE loving SHIFT without making any idiot mistakes and i did not even last until 10:00

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

got in trouble bc a customer ordered a specific part and I should have psychically detected that they were telling me the wrong words and actually wanted a different thing not the specific one they asked for

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

newest coworker keeps saying homophobic poo poo when he thinks I'm not in the room

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Mikl posted:

Get HR involved.

there is no hr. local business with fewer than 15 employees.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

That might make it harder, but you still need to tell management and make sure they document you telling them.

what makes this fun is, he got hired because he's a friend of the manager, and ever since he started the manager has started also saying phobic poo poo when originally the reason i got this job was bc the manager was cool with me being a giant queer trans :)

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

It's my understanding that the laws which would theoretically be applicable here only apply to employers with more employees

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

ok cool, that is heartening

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

note that i don't handle money in my job, we have a dedicated cashier so i pretty much only handle the credit card machine if she's too busy or put sick or something, so i barely know how to do this thing because this thing is not my loving job, ok

so tonight i stayed an hour late, after everyone else had gone home, because this dude called up and said he'd bought a battery from us yesterday and had paid $18 for a core charge because he didn't have the old battery to exchange; now he had it ready and he wanted the core charge refunded and he insisted the only possible chance would be tonight because he's going on vacation so he specifically asked me to stay until he showed up (which seems mind-blowingly entitled to me in the first place -- i could never call and ask someone to work an hour late for my convenience tbh!) then when he finally showed up he had the loving gall to give me poo poo for making him wait literally two minutes while i texted somebody to find out how to do a refund on the credit card machine and he will probably complain to the business owner about me for being insufficiently fast and grateful for his existence while i did him a loving favor

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

yeah, my fatal weakness is my tendency to assume that if somebody acts like it's important it's important; I need to get over that because people absolutely take advantage

e: and i know the owner will have my back on this; I'm not afraid of the consequences of the jerk's complaint, it's just an additional layer of jerkass behavior from him, y'know?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

pride was fun but as a trans gay it was pretty disheartening how many people would approach me only to lose interest as soon as i spoke and my voice outed me

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

lmao i crashed a work car :allears:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

the gig economy is exploitative towards the workers, mr bibs, try directly hiring a person next time instead of going through an app that will eat most of your fee; the person you hire will be more invested in the work then

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Saturday happens before Friday where you live????? how the gently caress can a late Saturday night run into an early Friday morning??

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

i was in excruciating sinus pain last night and couldn't sleep for a few hours so now im really tired going in to work, where i'm gonna be short-handed and stressed because my co-worker is on vacation

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Well it turns out literally every single one of my co-workers is racist except for the guy who's going to be fired soon because he's a bad mechanic

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Decades of German engineering say "yes!"

:piss:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I make minimum wage and the only reason I took so little money was the fact that every month I get a commission that effectively doubles my wage, except this month the loving office manager took a loving vacation and paid EVERYONE ELSE'S commissions before she left but NOT MINE, so now I have $41.12 in the bank and I'm pissed

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Last night my mother didn't come home because she had taken my younger siblings to my little brother's football game and refused to take them to McDonald's so my one sister who has a multitude of mental disorders got so angry about not being able to go to McDonald's that she started punching mom and they had to go to the hospital, and then this morning I found out that I had forgotten to roll my windows up so the inside of my car is damp and is probably going to get mold in it, and then I stepped in cat poo poo and was late to work

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

got sinusitis it hurts more than anything i can remember i spend an hour can't think except this hurts holly poo poo this early hurts wow!!!

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

my dad just got diagnosed with prostate cancer and he doesn't want to talk about it so i know literally nothing else like how bad it might be etc

e: just as in literally yesterday the test results came back

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Owner of the shop lost a bet while out skiing last night so he's in a bad mood today, which he always likes to express by literally loving screaming at his employees. It pisses me off so loving much. I just bought a loving trailer to live in and moving costs ate my savings up so I can't actually afford to tell him he's being an immature loving child for whom no reasonable adult would ever want to work and then loving quit, so I'm spending MY day in a lovely mood now too and I'm not even one of the people who got literally loving screamed at by a grown-rear end man for no good loving reason. His dad started this business and there's nothing quite like growing up as a rich white man to ensure a person is an entitled loving prick who screams at people because he feels he's inherently better and more important and deserves to do whatever he loving wants, the loving toddler-rear end piece of loving poo poo

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

i have acute bronchitis and it isn't being better yet it's the third day of antibiotics for it and i have to go yo work today because they're already mad that i missed Monday and Tuesday bit o don't feel better and o can't breathe. i keep getting infections in my sinuses and lungs and im literally frightened of dying from antibiotic resistant pneumonia im legitimately scared and also sick and can't breathe and my job involves physical labor and im scared and upset

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've been sick with some sort of chest cold for 5 days. Nothing I'm taking is fixing it including the Z pack my doctor gave me 3 days ago. I'm burning though my asthma medicine like crazy and all I wanna do is sleep, but I can't because I have too much stuff going on at work and I'm really far behind because I just got back from vacation. I've been back at work for one day and I already want to leave again. I hate my job and I hate that I got sick for half my vacation so I couldn't even enjoy it.

solidarity

i actually like my job but I'm probably going to get fired bc i left early to go back to the er about this and even with notes and poo poo my boss said i could go but "when you do get back we need to have a sitdown" so now im terrified of literally dying in real life AND of losing my job if i manage to survive lol

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Mikl posted:

I voted today. Why was it lovely, do you ask? Well I live in a loving backwards country that has separate voting booths for men and women. I'm trans but I haven't had my legal gender change yet (it takes time and money), so I had to out myself in front of the whole polling station (literally dozens of people) in order to be able to vote.

what the gently caress. why the actual hell is that a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

so this week, Tuesday and Wednesday, my work sent two cars to be ozone cleaned because they reeked of dog, and the cars were NOT aired out before pickup, so that even with the windows rolled all the way down, the 35 minute drive between the pickup location and getting them back to the shop exposed me to so much ozone that i had breathing problems and seriously feared I'd gotten brain damage because when i got out of the vehicle my eyes wouldn't focus and i had lost my fine motor control. my boss LAUGHED AT ME for my concerns. i have preexisting chronic bronchitis and ever since iveewnen wheezing much more than usual and having a hard time coughing up any of the mucus i can hear and feel in my lungs. i cannot get approval to get my lungs looked at under workers comp because my boss doesn't think it's an issue despite the fact that there is COPIOUS RESEARCH ON OZONE EXPOSURE. i hope i die in my sleep and my parents find out soon enough to look after my cat for me.