Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TMDTN
Oct 10, 2005
This Mixed Drink Tastes Nasty...
I've been homeless for months because of my brother making me lose the place my mom bought me and my girlfriend after my dad died. While my brothers and sister and thirteen neices/nephews get tons of help from my mom that was the last thing she did for me. Even my brother that sold my dad's urn with his ashes for drugs, and while my dad was dying painfully of cancer he would steal his pain meds and his wife, who were both living rent free with my parents at the time, would steal his sleeping meds. Making his already painful dying experience even worse.

But she still supports him constantly, and while I'm not the best son I've never done anything close to that horrible. I've been ostracized by almost all of my family and spent everyday and holiday on my own since before Halloween.

I have been saving what little money I can earn on the street and it took me months but I finally got a tent and air mattress. And tonight I wake up at 3 am to a completely flat mattress. Apparently there's a hole in it. I've had it less than a month. And where I've been camping at, in the last week seven new homeless people moved into the same woods as me, oh and a dog, so now I have to find a new place to go.

On the upside, the first day I was homeless I went to a rehab/detox place and have been almost completely free of drugs. Especially since I can't really afford them anymore. I smoke the occasional bowl of weed with other homeless when they offer, but that's about it. So at least there's that. I guess. My drug use isn't why my family won't speak to me, they're all addicts to at least one degree or another.

My girlfriend lost her job when they systematically fired all the employees that had been working there a long period, to hire new people to save money. And even though her record is clean and she was a manager for the better part of a decade, neither of us can get any job besides once off things. So I'm going to be homeless until my girl's parents die and she gets the house.

Also yes I've looked into homeless shelters and they cost more than I can afford a day.

Thanks for letting me vent. There's almost no one in real life I can complain to that doesn't jump down my throat because they're tired of hearing about it. But it's really loving hard to live like this. It's mentally taxing and they'll just say stupid unhelpful poo poo I've already tried or is impossible. No car so I can't do day labor because it's always full before the bus gets there, I've applied everywhere I can multiple times, I can't stay with family or friends, I'm tired of being given advice from people whose hardest struggles in life are, "my toilet sometimes overflows in the house/apartment my parents pay for me to live in"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMDTN
Oct 10, 2005
Arrested for the terrible crime of being homeless and existing, the state dropped the charges, because they literally had no case, but that was after I spent a week in jail because I couldn't afford to bond out, rode the bus 6 hours to get back to my camp to find everything I owned got looted.

TMDTN
Oct 10, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

My phone got cut off today because I'm almost $2000 poorer than I was expecting to be thanks to bacterial pneumonia loving my body up for over 3 months now.

Also

This is hosed up. Sorry, man. :smith:

Hey, my phone got shut off today, it was the only thing anyone in my family would help me with, and I wake up to no happy birthday messages, text someone to see what's up, and find out my mom turned my phone off.

Also that pneumonia is a bitch, I had it forever and it definitely is the worst.

TMDTN
Oct 10, 2005

Snorkzilla posted:

Happy Birthday TMDTN! Whereabout do you live?
Thanks! I live in the town n country part of tampa, fl

Solice Kirsk posted:

And how are you posting?
I have a phone with 2 GB of data, just got it upped from 1gb since they messed up and had my phone shut off and ran me around in circles for a week. Otherwise I mostly use WiFi, I'm homeless not an animal.

For the lovely day part, loving possum won't stop waking me up at night. Leave me alone!