Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I kind of don't know if this belongs here or the awesome day thread, or maybe e/n.

I've had a strained relationship with my dad. Recently I sent back a Christmas card as a "gently caress you" to him, but I my sister made me feel guilty about it so I called my old man to explain how I felt. Which I did. To which be basically responded with "Get over it." To which I responded by screaming at him for a few minutes about how much of a loving cowardly scumbag he is and then hanging up on him. And now I feel a bit better :D

Parents are really lovely at being parents sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Picnic Princess posted:

I cut my dad out completely in 1998 and only looked back when he somehow got my email address and tried to pretend all the horrible poo poo I went through as a kid at his hands never happened. I got absolutely wasted, went to a friend's house, and wrote a huge letter about how much I hated him and nothing he could do would ever make up for what happened. It was so cathartic and necessary and I felt soooooo good after.

Yeah it's like for the first time in my life I'm actually glad that my dad hasn't really been in my life because he's turned out to be a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE shithead so :hfive:

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I was cruising through some old haunts, and I saw that they renamed a street called Sioux to Sue :rolleyes:

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Just found out my ex-girlfriend went missing on Friday. She was last seen at a party acting "scared and paranoid" according to a friend of hers. I am scared out of my loving mind. Being scared and/or paranoid is completely outside of her character because she's always been too busy being a cantankerous shithead with no filter between her brain and her mouth.

gently caress.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I'm pretty bummed out that I can't see my baby niece. My sister lives within 15 miles I have only seen them once since January. Since I work around people, it's too risky for me to be around a baby. I'm sad :(

like, look at these loving cheekies

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

oldpainless posted:

I had to watch the first 10 minutes of jay and silent bob reboot

first 10 minutes: "had to"

second 90 minutes: "chose to"

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

GWBBQ posted:

She made it three years, that was a pretty good run. She went peacefully in her sleep this afternoon.

oh man i’m sorry :sympathy:

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I hate my weeb girlfriend so loving much right now. anime. venture brothers. awful. Its all loving garbage

twitter too. Trash.

Rainbow Knight has a new favorite as of 19:04 on Oct 8, 2020

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Hedrigall posted:

Venture Brothers is good idk what to tell you

just tell me that i'm right :mad:

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Farten Barfen posted:

You're right

:hai:

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

dropped my dinner on the floor. perfectly cooked rare steak kabobs, trashed.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Captain Invictus posted:

wash them off and eat them imo

directly underneath my oven :argh:

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Biplane posted:

My slipped disk may have resulted in nerve damage (??) and it may require surgery (????)

Dang that sucks. Sorry friend

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Something was rolled over by a car on the freeway and flung into my car

not happy.

edit: im feeling better knowing that it won't be an expensive fix but God drat it. Like, i can't stop thinking "if only i left work like 5 seconds later/earlier"

Rainbow Knight has a new favorite as of 07:24 on Jan 26, 2021

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Farten Barfen posted:

My cat died today. He just... died.

He was perfectly happy and healthy, playing around in some boxes, had what looked like some sort of seizure, and died. My partner and I didn’t know what was going on and after he collapsed we rushed him over to the vet down the block, but he was dead by the time we got there.

The vet suspects that it was some sort of blood clot in his brain or a (otherwise asymptomatic) brain tumor. Apparently this can just happen?

That

Is awful

gently caress :(

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Selecta84 posted:

My results for my testicular cancer are a bit muddled. I should have gotten a plan for further treatment but my blood test results don't correspond with expected results after the removel of my cancerous testicle. So 4 more weeks until another blood test. Either the blood test shows a better result or they have to check for more cancer, check my liver, maybe chemo or something else. I'm just so frustrated and angry right now. I thought I could at least be sure about the further cancer treatment but hey, no luck on that front. Just more waiting and hoping that everything is alright. And still no one to comfort me. I just feel so empty.

i am seriously praying for you bro

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Inzombiac posted:

More depressing pet chat:

My oldest guinea pig is probably not long for this world. She's around 7 so pretty average age for dying but she's not showing obvious signs.
She's on some meds for issues that are not life threatening but she's sleeping much more than usual. She still eats and loves to cuddle but you can just tell.

Our first one upped and died suddenly about three months after getting him and we still don't know why. He just started coughing (something they're not supposed to do) and an hour later he was gone.

I don't want this one to pass yet. She was rescued from a hoarder that was breeding and eating them so we don't know exactly how old she is but we know she was at least old enough to have babies. Ugh.

oh GOD :stonk:

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Huh. Interesting.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

tweaked my thumb again when putting on a sock. it's going to hurt for weeks and i'm so mad

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Inzombiac posted:

My pet died, my car died and someone stole my wedding suit.

Everything going bad at once is the worst. Sorry, man

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

i got spaghetti from a restaurant (which i never do because nothing compares to homemade) and they broke the pasta. first time i took the risk in years and they disrespect me

what the hell, people.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

jesus christ dude that sucks. condolences.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

"My day sucks because all my tires were slashed last night" is what my neighbor would be posting if they had an account.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

well poo poo

I had tickets to see the H R Giger exhibit in Los Angeles on Friday and they just postponed the event. I was looking forward to this for months!

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

my coworkers suck. I have a sore throat. I sat down in my car to leave work, started it up, and my low beam warning light turned on. I walk out to check and sure enough one of my low beams is out. as I walk around to get back in my car the sole of my shoe falls off.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Captain Invictus posted:

It's almost comical.

I was thinking of posting that in the "Why was your day awesome?" thread because I got a good laugh about it a few minutes later but then I thought "you know, some of us are passing kidney stones and could maybe use a light chuckle."

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

i'm somehow super busy on every day of my four days off that i requested months ago. i had important sitting to do god drat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

It's been really nice outside recently so I've been keeping my windows open, but one of my neighbors has been using so much body spray that I have to close them again. it's loving ridiculous lol.