Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

always go for Very Easy, ideally with some sort of baby bonnet or rattle icon. blast through, grab a few cheevos along the way then ship that poo poo back for more gamefly gold

Don't forget to sell your steam trading cards as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I usually play normal and then check out hard modes if I like the game and want to learn more about playing it well.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I big reason I play hard is that I know that I'm probably not going to replay most games, so I get the most out of a game by playing hard first.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Evil Eagle posted:

I big reason I play hard is that I know that I'm probably not going to replay most games, so I get the most out of a game by playing hard first.

this is why i play normal

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

HolePisser1982 posted:

always go for Very Easy, ideally with some sort of baby bonnet or rattle icon. blast through, grab a few cheevos along the way then ship that poo poo back for more gamefly gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1JWQ8baBsE

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like replaying games so i'll do normal first and harder difficulties after

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

gotta be hard every time for me. otherwise it's too easy :smugmrgw:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Anyone else do this a lot? I find that it usually makes games a lot more memorable so I do it as often as I can. I'm starting SMTIV:Apocalypse on Hard(WAR) mode right now.

What about easy mode? hopefully no imps choose that...

I usually do

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if the hard mode is the bad kind of hard mode, yall know what i mean, then i like to play it on normal mode and do a challenge run of it

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Coolguye posted:

i regretted it on persona 4 tbh

literally the only thing it did was double enemy damage and increase enemy health by like 50%. you can only customize the MC so what this boils down to is keeping buffs up and never being without Yukiko or Teddie when you're not loving around because they've got the buffs and the healing. the entire game took a lot longer than it should have but the fundamentals were identical.

it seems like soloing is the better plan for hard mode tbh. also thank you for the magic cake

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the only game I played easy on was Metroid Prime 3 and the Metroid prime trilogy rereleases because there's little pips on the title screen next to each game showing what difficulties you cleared and beating it on Normal didn't automatically clear easy so when trilogy came out I beat each game 3 times

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

smt gmes have the worst hard modes imaginable since everything costs a billion times more and does more damage so its just annoying iirc

in smt iv i did hard mode but changed it to normal mode whenever i used a store :>

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

I think the only game I played easy on was Metroid Prime 3 and the Metroid prime trilogy rereleases because there's little pips on the title screen next to each game showing what difficulties you cleared and beating it on Normal didn't automatically clear easy so when trilogy came out I beat each game 3 times

I don't like it when games do this. Give me the clear emblem for all of the lower difficulties when I clear hard mode please

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i had to start off in easy mode in assetto corsa because the AI is too fast and i am literaly top 1000 worldwide racing sim player . im up to normal now though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

I don't like it when games do this. Give me the clear emblem for all of the lower difficulties when I clear hard mode please

Yeah it was a little annoying but on easy/medium I just did a pseudo low% run to make it more fun. MP3's hard mode is really boring though because of the way corruption works

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Yeah it was a little annoying but on easy/medium I just did a pseudo low% run to make it more fun. MP3's hard mode is really boring though because of the way corruption works

I remember a hypermode difficulty but I don't remember if that just replaced hard or what it changed

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Homework Explainer posted:

it seems like soloing is the better plan for hard mode tbh. also thank you for the magic cake

the cake belongs to the guy u quoted unfortunately. otherwise everyone can just quote him for unlimited amounts of rare cake,. maybe a sticky thread explaining this is required since its not very intuitive. :hai:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think before 3 they just had a normal/hard but 3 had normal:/hard/hyper but normal was easy and hard was normal. For the rerelease they just added 3 settings to all of them easy/normal/hard.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I need to master this powerful new smiley

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I do unless it's something I know will just make the enemies bullet sponges.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

I do unless it's something I know will just make the enemies bullet sponges.

That's when it's just boring imo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yea I don't play games often if their like that anyway but that's what I do in a game like Skyrim or w/e.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Only when I'm playing Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, and Gears, OP.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

For some reason I'm way better and have more fun at MGS 1-3 on hard mode than normal because it turns off the radar and I pay more attention to the way the movements of the guards.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spoderman posted:

For some reason I'm way better and have more fun at MGS 1-3 on hard mode than normal because it turns off the radar and I pay more attention to the way the movements of the guards.

Playing V with no loadout and no UI is epic

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I played The Last of Us for a couple hours when I got it with my PS4 on normal and got really bored with it but I just started it again on Survivor mode last night and it feels like a completely different game and not just a vehicle for cutscenes and set pieces with the occasional shooting/sneaking/moving planks around . Almost giving me some oldschool Resident Evil feels with how important resource management is and how you have to treasure every bullet you can scrounge up ... also it gets rid of the "see people through walls and highlight stuff" vision mode which is maybe my least favorite modern game design trend

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
games like mgsv are great cause theres no difficulty level except trying to do increasingly harder challenges like getting an S on all the missions or ghosting fob missions and stuff

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I like STALKERs hard difficulty where everything is insanely lethal for everybody

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Alpha Protocol, where beating g the game on hard mode unlocks easy mode

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

GorfZaplen posted:

Alpha Protocol, where beating g the game on hard mode unlocks easy mode

thats fun, prove your mettle for the right to break the game over your knee

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

in smt iv i did hard mode but changed it to normal mode whenever i used a store :>

what the

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Only when I'm playing Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, and Gears, OP.

add the Bioshock: The Digial Boxset now on steam for 59.99 to the list. perfect

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

holy poo poo. bioshock infinite on 1999 mode was loving awesome. no wonder all the reviews say doom 1 aka goty 2016 will make you remember the 90s(difficulty from bioshock infinite)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im still mad at the person who convinced me to buy bioshock infinite

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
I play Dark Souls on Expert.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are times where the enemy health upgrade feels good, like with the metroid prime games. poo poo just goes down really quick on the normal setting, especially bosses.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I never do, once you beat the game on hard mode thats it. No where else to go.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Squeezy Farm posted:

I play Dark Souls on Expert.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
who else spent a looong time in the covenant of champions their first time thru DS2 not knowing what it did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

who else spent a looong time in the covenant of champions their first time thru DS2 not knowing what it did

I did but I knew what it did.

• Locked thread