Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

In Training posted:

This is a really cool one and makes the game more fun. Its funny that the lower difficulties are probably actually harder because enemies have more health and you need to use more resources to kill them compared to hard mode

Clear Skies got really hard at the end at high difficulty because of all of the Monolith guys having pinpoint grenades that killed you instantly. I remember entering a construction site, firing a shot, and seeing six grenade icons pop up on my screen all at once.

Also, having a snork kick your shin and kill you instantly.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Wormskull posted:

STALKER's difficulty also wins because the bootleg translation for the Russian version of the game which released early rendered the Master difficulty as Wizard.

My favorite bootleg part of STALKER was watching entire groups of people crawl into the fire barrels and die. The first time I found a barrel stuffed full of Duty guys in exoskeletons I thought there was an anomaly or some monster that was about to kill me, and it had me cowering in a corner with my shotgun out for a half minute.

Instead it was just a bunch of Russians getting drunk and falling into a fire, so I guess I can chalk that up to STALKER's AI being unintentionally realistic.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

clear sky was really bad

I just checked my steam account and I have 6 hours in Clear Sky and 109 in Call of Pripyat.

Me from six years ago agrees.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I've been trying to play Battle Brothers on hard mode ironman and having my army of peasant recruits get butchered by goblins and bandit raiders is turning into a trend. If I buy too many peasants I have a bunch of naked guys running around with pitchforks and pocket knives, and if I buy too much equipment I end up with too few numbers to fight. :saddowns:

• Locked thread