Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I usually play normal and then check out hard modes if I like the game and want to learn more about playing it well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the only game I played easy on was Metroid Prime 3 and the Metroid prime trilogy rereleases because there's little pips on the title screen next to each game showing what difficulties you cleared and beating it on Normal didn't automatically clear easy so when trilogy came out I beat each game 3 times

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

I don't like it when games do this. Give me the clear emblem for all of the lower difficulties when I clear hard mode please

Yeah it was a little annoying but on easy/medium I just did a pseudo low% run to make it more fun. MP3's hard mode is really boring though because of the way corruption works

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think before 3 they just had a normal/hard but 3 had normal:/hard/hyper but normal was easy and hard was normal. For the rerelease they just added 3 settings to all of them easy/normal/hard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spoderman posted:

For some reason I'm way better and have more fun at MGS 1-3 on hard mode than normal because it turns off the radar and I pay more attention to the way the movements of the guards.

Playing V with no loadout and no UI is epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

I like STALKERs hard difficulty where everything is insanely lethal for everybody

This is a really cool one and makes the game more fun. Its funny that the lower difficulties are probably actually harder because enemies have more health and you need to use more resources to kill them compared to hard mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I only ever played Clear Sky once but I played SOC and Pripyat lots and lots of times.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I posted about this last page folks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Edit: I was also wrong :sweatdrop:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I believe so but I don't remember. I can't check either because my I don't have access to my Wii U anymore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

metroid prime wasn't even very hard what is this

The hubris of Millenial stupidity and etc and so on and here we are

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

a playstation trophy for participation

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-ps4/trophy/101405-Game-Install.html

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

i usually find normal harder than hard in rhythm games because it can be hard to tell which beats were left out

Sometimes the opposite happens and they add notes that don't really correspond to beats in hardest. I remember this happening sometimes in Theatrhythm and it tripped me up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

Knuc playing far cry 4 without reading the game faqs page that reads "kill all the guys and go to the minimap thing": good thing I'm not. Casual

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Timb cuck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is unbelievable.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

X-Ray vision is my least favorite recent design trend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

it makes sense in arkham because you need to be able to scout the enemy freely or the enemy would have a tremendous advantage, but it just doesn't fit in a lot of other games

I think the problem is that instead of people making games with good perspective and map design they just add click L3 to see where every enemy is at all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

they took out looking through keyholes and poo poo in the new hitman in favor of batvision lol. it's still a great game but drat man

I turned off all the UI once i played the tutorial

• Locked thread