Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always do, except for map games because I hate being hosed by RNG. If it's a game I don't know very well though I usually end up lowering it a notch or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tbh I like it better when games are just hard and don't have a setting, like shovel knight or dust force or something.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Halo 1 Legendary is awesome because the AI is more aggressive and the ones that speak English taunt you

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite is how the enemies have different voice lines in halo 1 for each difficulty

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coolguye posted:

Man it kills me that that game never got internet co op added

Custom edition has co-op maps.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't remember if the actual campaign was ever made fully compatible... But custom edition let you have NPCs, so there were a few maps intended to be 2-4 players which were regular coop maps but unfortunately couldn't be as well scripted as the campaign. They were fun though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember one which had be long sword fighter with like, a pilot and a bomber and a tail gunner, and you flew around blowing up wraith tanks and banshees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

i would even be okay with it in hitman if it had really short range, like people you could reasonably hear closeby anyhow but nope it's an unlimited wallhack

Speaking of it drives me insane when games don't have good footprint sounds. Like how counter strike has these really specific sounds that tell you what people are doing and it's almost as important as being able to aim good. Then you have COD where you make the same jangle sound whether you're just looking or moving or sprinting

• Locked thread