Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i picked hard mode all the time when i was a kid, but these days i usually pick normal, since that's the one that the devs tend to have actually playtested and put thought into. hard/easy difficulties tend to be afterthoughts

obviously there are exceptions (invisible inc is another game where the hardest difficulty is How it's Meant To Be Played), but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I big reason I play hard is that I know that I'm probably not going to replay most games, so I get the most out of a game by playing hard first.

this is why i play normal

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

always go for Very Easy, ideally with some sort of baby bonnet or rattle icon. blast through, grab a few cheevos along the way then ship that poo poo back for more gamefly gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1JWQ8baBsE

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

there are times where the enemy health upgrade feels good, like with the metroid prime games. poo poo just goes down really quick on the normal setting, especially bosses.

counterpoint:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
the problem with hard mode boost guardian isn't that he takes too long, the problem is that he's insanely vicious

that's cool to me

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Veteran_Mode

quote:

Veteran Mode is a difficulty level that first appeared in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, but was later applied to the New Play Control! versions of Metroid Prime and
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and also to all three games in the Metroid Prime Trilogy game.

Veteran is harder than Normal Mode but easier than Hypermode difficulty. It is available from the start of the game, as an alternative to Normal difficulty.

Completing the game with Veteran or Normal selected unlocks Hypermode.

Veteran Mode as it first appeared in Corruption is actually equatable to the Normal mode difficulty in the previous GameCube Prime games. The same thing happens in the Wii versions of Prime and Echoes, where Veteran is the new Normal difficulty, and "Normal" is in fact an easier version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
You play men's assholes.

• Locked thread