Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

smt gmes have the worst hard modes imaginable since everything costs a billion times more and does more damage so its just annoying iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

good hardmodes: changing enemy locations or making encounters stronger hell even better ai sometimes, or at least different behavior.

bd hardmodes: making all the enemies bullet sponges and do more damge to u

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

My favorite hard modes will always be the ones that remix the enemy layouts and give the bosses new moves or make them faster. So Castlevania Order of Ecclesia has my favorite hard mode. Unfortunately you can't play hard mode from the start in OoE and a lot of other games which is a shame.

ooe hard mode was cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

If a game makes you play through once to unlock hard mode the hard mode better add some cool poo poo. The bayonetya hard mode is awesome because you start seeing endgame enemies in the first fight of the game and it's pretty short to beat anyways. Stuff like the zelda hero modes being locked behind completion is dumb though , just let me do that my first time through

making u play thru the tutorial mission to do 3 of the climax attacks or whatever with the upgraded psycho dogs who are immune to witch time is a pain in the frigging rear end but the rest of bayonetta 1 hard mode is cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kazvall posted:

Hard is usually standard mode, and easy/normal is made for kids and older adults with poor reflexes :D

n00b spotted

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

yes i did play the first doom, it was released just this year. wait, what do you mean there's 3 other games in the series and one of them inspired darkness charlie murphy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

in smt iv i did hard mode but changed it to normal mode whenever i used a store :>

what the

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Only when I'm playing Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, and Gears, OP.

add the Bioshock: The Digial Boxset now on steam for 59.99 to the list. perfect

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

holy poo poo. bioshock infinite on 1999 mode was loving awesome. no wonder all the reviews say doom 1 aka goty 2016 will make you remember the 90s(difficulty from bioshock infinite)

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Commoners posted:

Clear Skies got really hard at the end at high difficulty because of all of the Monolith guys having pinpoint grenades that killed you instantly. I remember entering a construction site, firing a shot, and seeing six grenade icons pop up on my screen all at once.

Also, having a snork kick your shin and kill you instantly.

clear sky was really bad

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Clear Sky is good from the beginning to the last 2 maps IMO. The Clear Sky end fight is one of the worst things ever though.

i don't like how the zone is the most dangerous place on earth but it's basically disneyland on a three day weekend in clear sky

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

metroid prime wasn't even very hard what is this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

a playstation trophy for participation

a lot of fighting games give you a bronze trophy for you first multiplayer match

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's the truth and what I believe. gently caress you.

nice avtr

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I play them, but on hard and without looking at gameFAQs.

do a let's play of watch dogs 2 on hard, should be impressive

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

redacted due to no epic word filter lulz

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

wtf

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Make it a simulplay and I'm there.

can't afford the 200 dollar ltd edition and not sure if want regular edition. seems like i should save up to show ubisoft some love

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/8f/f9/00089715.0001.gif

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

nrook posted:

I play video games on hard mode to make up for picking life's easy mode setting,
code:
privileged.

:pooeye:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

edit: :popeye: :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lmao

• Locked thread