Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
If a game makes you play through once to unlock hard mode the hard mode better add some cool poo poo. The bayonetya hard mode is awesome because you start seeing endgame enemies in the first fight of the game and it's pretty short to beat anyways. Stuff like the zelda hero modes being locked behind completion is dumb though , just let me do that my first time through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I played The Last of Us for a couple hours when I got it with my PS4 on normal and got really bored with it but I just started it again on Survivor mode last night and it feels like a completely different game and not just a vehicle for cutscenes and set pieces with the occasional shooting/sneaking/moving planks around . Almost giving me some oldschool Resident Evil feels with how important resource management is and how you have to treasure every bullet you can scrounge up ... also it gets rid of the "see people through walls and highlight stuff" vision mode which is maybe my least favorite modern game design trend

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

who else spent a looong time in the covenant of champions their first time thru DS2 not knowing what it did

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah I reinstalled Curtain Call the other day and the music and the presentation and the meta game stuff is all really cool but as a rhythm game it's just not that good lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Halo hard modes are cool (or at least used to be, i haven't played new ones) -- they switch up enemy placement and AI a lot

• Locked thread