Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Homework Explainer posted:

and it's probably not the first instance of this but i remember losing my mind when perfect dark changed up mission events based on difficulty, like the rescue mission where you protect the negotiator but on hard you're disguised as the negotiator

This poo poo blew my mind as a kid, and I can't think of many games that flat out changed mission structure based on the difficulty settings.

I don't usually play a game on hard mode for starters unless it's just riddled with hand-holding poo poo like x-ray vision on normal mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Bobnumerotres posted:

they took out looking through keyholes and poo poo in the new hitman in favor of batvision lol. it's still a great game but drat man

I've been waiting for all the chapters to come out and get patched before buying it but drat. So long as you can toggle it off whenever then it's no problem, but it's extra weird in games like Hitman or MGS where observing enemy movement patterns is kinda what you're signing up for.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Wormskull posted:

Didn't read this but the name + avatar is epic my man.

lol

Sharkopath posted:

Alien isolation had incredibly good sound design and one of the best parts was making the aliens footsteps so drat loud that you can triangulate exactly where it is almost all the time without touching the motion sensor

Alien Isolation has probably the best difficulty scale of any game in the last few years. On one end you have a haunted house tour where you're in zero danger. On the other end you're hunted mercilessly by the alien and resource management is crucial. The AI for the alien in Nightmare mode seemed like it had lots of subtle improvements over the Normal difficulty in how it hunts you too.

• Locked thread