Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Post the horseshit actions of deplorable football people here, so we don't forget before the off-season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna start this poo poo off right, with Tim Tebow, for dumbass remarks he made re:Colin Kaeperkneel while playing minor league ball for the Mets.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/because-you-wanted-it-tim-tebow-chimes-in-on-colin-kaepernick-194308532.html

quote:

“When people have belief in something, or a conviction in something, trying to stand for that is a good thing,” Tebow said, according to USA Today’s Bob Nightengale. “Its all about standing for it the right way.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I feel that is a vote more because of Tebow than what he actually said. If youare going to vote for someone based on Kaep comments, you have to go Tony LaRussa.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Seahawks organisation, for the absolute biggest wet paper bag display of "protesting"

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

swickles posted:

I feel that is a vote more because of Tebow than what he actually said. If youare going to vote for someone based on Kaep comments, you have to go Tony LaRussa.

:agreed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4h23--dIhw

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

I like Tebow, though. I've long been on his wagon, so this is pretty unfounded analysis.

You have a point. We need to do a master compile of people with lovely Kaep opinions.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

I like Tebow, though. I've long been on his wagon, so this is pretty unfounded analysis.

You have a point. We need to do a master compile of people with lovely Kaep opinions.

It was just weird to pick Tebow when you can pick Watt, Sherman, or countless other NFL players/coaches that have said the exact same thing, which is basically the safe option. LaRussa was way worse and wasn't just some boilerplate PR response.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

It was just weird to pick Tebow when you can pick Watt, Sherman, or countless other NFL players/coaches that have said the exact same thing, which is basically the safe option. LaRussa was way worse and wasn't just some boilerplate PR response.

I mean, to be fair, I just posted it because I read it in some other thread moments before posting it here. This is just a tracker thread.

When voting comes into play, LaRussa will almost assuredly be the one to represent the "response to Kaep" poo poo in the tournament.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Jesus loving Christ, Mike Grundy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=997&v=txiD083D5LA

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh dang I was about to make this thread but it already exists!

I feel we should obviously recognize formally in the douchebag thread the monumental act of douchebaggery just enacted by noted multiple-year-douchebag-of-the-year-nominee Dean Spanos.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Leperflesh posted:

Oh dang I was about to make this thread but it already exists!

I feel we should obviously recognize formally in the douchebag thread the monumental act of douchebaggery just enacted by noted multiple-year-douchebag-of-the-year-nominee Dean Spanos.

Seconded

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Everything and everyone associated with Baylor football

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

They won last year so they can't win again this year but Baylor still deserves to be mentioned in the tracker thread, yes.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

corn on the cop posted:

Everything and everyone associated with Baylor football

And everyone pushing Penn state's "redemption" story while we're at it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
He's an old man who probably spent about zero time thinking about the issue but Brent Musberger's Joe Mixon take belongs here.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Tracy Claeys and Minnesota football team is gonna make a deep run.

:cry: They are infringing on my rights to sexually assault people!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Joey porter

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Are we really going to make DotY the people who got away with violence against women award? That's not very fun.

Anyway, throw Mark Davis on the pile.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Are we really going to make DotY the people who got away with violence against women award? That's not very fun.

Its named after loving Big Ben

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Its named after loving Big Ben

I just don't want these threads to be a big Parmesan Basil-off.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I would think if we are naming douche owners that Spanos would get the first mention.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

CyberPingu posted:

Seahawks organisation, for the absolute biggest wet paper bag display of "protesting"

???

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
The unity display they did as a response to kap was bullshit pandering of the worst variety. It said nothing to try to please everyone.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Well, this is sort of the year-long tracker thread, it's not even the nominations for DotY. I don't know if Ben Has A Tiny Weenus is going to suddenly reappear on the forums, but if not, I'll probably be running DotY again this summer. I'll continue to apply the general rules that make the thread be more about douchebags than criminals, although there's always going to be an overlap fuzzy area.

Fortunately, Baylor won last year so I don't think it can win again. Last year we didn't do a lifetime achievement, I think I'll add that back in. Might make some other small adjustments or whatever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Keep Track Of Adam Jones

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

SPANOS

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Just so no one forgets details months down the line:
-relocated a franchise to a market that doesn't want them
-fired their defensive coordinator via social media
-they spent a year on this?
-got their asses kicked in negotiating to use a 27k-seat stadium...by MLS
-relocated the same year LaDanian Tomlinson is eligible for the Hall of Fame, making that one awkward. Less of a douchey move, more douchey timing. Wait, no it's still both.
-burned every last bridge with San Diego and its fans in the process.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Just hand Art Briles and Ken Starr the trophy now

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Buddy Stephens, whose self evident douchery is by no means uncommon for the profession, but granted unprecedented access to aforementioned douchery in 2016.

Joe Alleva, who brought back Les Miles for 2016, only to humiliate him by giving him the hook three games into the season.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 14, 2017

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I'd like to petition for a Jim Brown Hit of the Year Award, to be voted upon alongside DotY.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

zimbomonkey posted:

The unity display they did as a response to kap was bullshit pandering of the worst variety. It said nothing to try to please everyone.

I'd nominate Russell Wilson for that. Because the majority of the team was down to kneel, but then RW was all "wait... what about are troops" and derailed the whole plan.

Anyway, more Seahawks players:

Michael Bennett for asking a cancer-surviving reporter if he had ever felt adversity in his life.
Richard Sherman for suggesting he'd end a reporter's career because he didn't like the question he was asked.

Media dude:

Trent Dilfer (re: Kaep's protest):

quote:

“No matter how passionate you are, no matter how much of a burden you have for social issues, you don’t let it get in the way of the team. This is a backup quarterback whose job is to be quiet and sit in the shadows and get the starter ready to play in Week 1. Yet he chose a time where all of a sudden, he became the center of attention.”

In other words: keep quiet and know your place. I could talk about how much underlying racism there is here, but I think most of us can pick up on it. Then he went on that weird derail about how he could have used his position as a QB to speak out against child slavery but didn't because he didn't want to hurt his team :confused:

Aqib Talib: Being a dirty rear end player and ripping Crabtree's necklace for no apparent reason.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'd also like to nominate Jerry Jones for being Jerry Jones.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Aqib Talib: Being a dirty rear end player and ripping Crabtree's necklace for no apparent reason.

Also, for threatening to kill another human being because they used a legal cut block.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

The whole "we're gonna do a big protest thing" then like half the team linked arms. It was as funny as it was toothless

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Hot Diggity! posted:

The whole "we're gonna do a big protest thing" then like half the team linked arms. It was as funny as it was toothless

":unsmith: Just like MLK would do. Let me tell you exactly what he would say about that idiot Kaep..."

- the vast majority of NFL fans

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 17, 2017

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

seiferguy posted:

Were there any diamonds on the necklace? Maybe Talib was just taking the advice of a colleague and trying to ice up.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Woody Johnson : Is a Trump appointee

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/822154496759496706

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Does this mean more London games or fewer London games?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

Does this mean more London games or fewer London games?

Maybe it means the Jets are moving to the UK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I think there has to be at least several dozen sports journalists who wrote pages long eulogies praising Muhammad Ali and his activism who then turned and crucified Kaepernick 3 months later.

• Locked thread