Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
dudes with early access, is Croatian national team finally back in the game?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It's gonna be a pain in pro clubs now that they removed the origin chat rooms you could access from within the game, going to have to switch to voice chat or use our smartphones.

It's also super stupid cause there's a ton of apps that automatically pop to foreground like iTunes. I hope this gets fixed soon.

If you're on PC join this Discord channel! So far it's mostly me talking to myself about the game, but soon, soon I'm sure, it'll be awesome and used for chat. Not to be missed.

Here's another joining link, the one in the old PC thread expired: https://discord.gg/qThc6

vivisectvnv posted:

dudes with early access, is Croatian national team finally back in the game?!

Nope, sorry bro, goes straight from Cote d'Ivoire to Czech Republic :saddowns:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
So I looked into the MLS squad building challenge. I had no idea the reward giovinco would be so insane

http://www.futhead.com/17/players/50127/sebastian-giovinco/

I also had no idea you had to complete a full 11 of every MLS team.... I'm going to waste so many coins early on to get that card which sucks. I know I won't be able to wait for things to die down to try and complete it, they just had to make a challenge for one of my top 5 favorite players out of the gate. I don't even care about the Jonas reward card at all.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I like the "loyalty bonus" email I just got from EA for playing the demo, offering :10bux: off the $99.99 Super Deluxe version. :jerkbag:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
You know it occurred to me while watching Breaking Bad for the third time, games with micro transactions are probably the perfect money landering tool nowadays

You just pay some up front money to make a lovely game and nobody questions that some random idiots will give you way too much money for fake poo poo in the game

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
So I feel like the full version (EA access) of the game feels noticeably more difficult then the demo. Like on the demo I 3-1'd United as City with crisp passing and the like, versus now just finishing a game as RB Leizpeg vs Augsburg and having 1 shot on goal 3 shots total to their 14 shots 3-nill rear end pounding. I was running a 3-5-2 with a crazy aggressive press so that's probably a huge reason for it. Anyways through balls have been nerfed hard and defenders seem to be able to tackle perfectly every time if you're trying to do regular agility dribbles.

My biggest takeway is I think they need to address strength, because as it stands currently any weak but agile dribbler simply gets muscled off the ball immediately negating whatever skill he might have.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
On world class or what difficulty?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

8bitlawd posted:

My biggest takeway is I think they need to address strength, because as it stands currently any weak but agile dribbler simply gets muscled off the ball immediately negating whatever skill he might have.

I've said it already a bunch of times but I don't actually have any problem with those players losing the ball if they actually called the fouls on them that cause them to cough up the ball half the time I play online. As for AI difficulty, yea, it's a pain in the rear end they're good at parking the bus and stringing passes together at all the levels I've played. Luckily I only play like 3 AI games a year to get into the flow of the game. If I played vs the AI all year it would be extra miserable this year. I've gotten some very nice EPL cards from the squad builders and I'm up like 40 k off doing them if I had to estimate.

e- What is people's experience with headers this year? Both my teams have two short strikers so I haven't messed with it yet.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I actually feel like it's good if fast weak players lose the ball more, I'm tired of small pace players being by far the best in the game where there's no point in ever using a big slow motherfucker like Dzeko or Ibra or something. I mean you can do it and win if you're good but you're just playing with a weighted vest on like fuckin Goku, you'd be better off playing with a fast player in almost every case in previous years.

Like, I think most really good players would consider it a true or at least arguable statement that loving 77 overall Edu Vargas with his 59 strength was a better/more useful player in FIFA 15 than Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 24, 2016

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

Seltzer posted:

I've said it already a bunch of times but I don't actually have any problem with those players losing the ball if they actually called the fouls on them that cause them to cough up the ball half the time I play online. As for AI difficulty, yea, it's a pain in the rear end they're good at parking the bus and stringing passes together at all the levels I've played. Luckily I only play like 3 AI games a year to get into the flow of the game. If I played vs the AI all year it would be extra miserable this year. I've gotten some very nice EPL cards from the squad builders and I'm up like 40 k off doing them if I had to estimate.

e- What is people's experience with headers this year? Both my teams have two short strikers so I haven't messed with it yet.
I've yet to land a header from set pieces, but I've knocked in the odd cross on the break to Aguero. But in terms of an Oliver Giroud, Peter Crouch bully the ball into the net, nah haven't had any of those yet.

Stefan Prodan posted:

I actually feel like it's good if fast weak players lose the ball more, I'm tired of small pace players being by far the best in the game where there's no point in ever using a big slow motherfucker like Dzeko or Ibra or something. I mean you can do it and win if you're good but you're just playing with a weighted vest on like fuckin Goku, you'd be better off playing with a fast player in almost every case in previous years.

Like, I think most really good players would consider it a true or at least arguable statement that loving 77 overall Edu Vargas with his 59 strength was a better/more useful player in FIFA 15 than Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
I agree, it's nice that you can't just pace whore anymore but in that same token if people just shift over to strength whoring (what a funny phrase) it'll be a sideways move on the ladder to better game. I think they need to strike a balance between the two rather then just shifting the scale in either directions which is definitely something that'll require delicacy. Also funny enough, Zlatan appears to be fuckin godly now... like you can't knock him off the ball at all and if build up play is going to be more valued this go around, he's perfect at holding up play.

Stefan Prodan posted:

On world class or what difficulty?
Yep, World Class. Knocked it down to Professional for a bit just to have some respite and the AI wasn't a slouch there either.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Seltzer posted:

I felt like the attackers just get a huge bonus when trying to win headers and that defenders don't even jump most of the time.

I've scored 4-5 goals straight from the corner though, it seems easy.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

8bitlawd posted:

I've yet to land a header from set pieces, but I've knocked in the odd cross on the break to Aguero. But in terms of an Oliver Giroud, Peter Crouch bully the ball into the net, nah haven't had any of those yet.

I agree, it's nice that you can't just pace whore anymore but in that same token if people just shift over to strength whoring (what a funny phrase) it'll be a sideways move on the ladder to better game. I think they need to strike a balance between the two rather then just shifting the scale in either directions which is definitely something that'll require delicacy. Also funny enough, Zlatan appears to be fuckin godly now... like you can't knock him off the ball at all and if build up play is going to be more valued this go around, he's perfect at holding up play.
Yep, World Class. Knocked it down to Professional for a bit just to have some respite and the AI wasn't a slouch there either.

Hm ok same as me wonder if I"ll find the CPU harder in the release also, I feel like I pretty well got the hang of scoring 1-2 a game on the very short demo games so I was pretty happy since the AI is a black hole when it gets the ball so getting 3 great chances a game is pretty good.

Anyway I like that strength and using the protect ball and poo poo is good because I'm the only person I ever play that does it. Everyone else just wants to run fast dudes and send through balls at em where I like to use the protect ball and the skill dribbling and poo poo to hold up play, so if they wanna make that better then cool. I've even used Rooney on a bunch of teams in 15 and 16 just because those occasional times where you use protect ball with the defender approaching and Rooney just fuckin shoves em down and scores is great

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
My impressions of the game:
Player switching hasn't been fixed, it's as bad as always.
Shielding is very useful but players often don't seem to know which player they're supposed to shield it from and would shield from a player further apart from the ball giving away position to one closer to it.
The tackling radius of defenders has been greatly increased and generally they pull off more appropriate tackling animations that are more likely to win possession.
Containment and team containment has been nerfed even further, if EA want to discourage players form using it they can just remove it and free the buttons for something else.
The fact that team tactics can now be edited permanently means that more team play ultra-high pressure, so I guess soon enough everyone would just switch to 'hektic jukez high pressure tactics' and that's all you're gonna see all year.
All the cunts do Pogba's dab celebration.
Skills have been nerfed, players can't seem to start the animations when they're off balance and would take another touch first, moreover the exit animations now seem more random so skill moves will often induce heavier touches and give away possession. Defenders are also better at tackling after a skill move. Rip ball rolls.
Goalkeepers now dominate the near post, even from very close to goal, 1vs1 situations are no longer guaranteed scoring opportunities like they were in 16.
Players in general need to take more touches before they can take a shot, it's much harder to shoot from the volley or tap into an empty net.
Pace, Strength, Dribble are still the most important stats.
Threaded through ball is not a new feature, it just allows you control whether the through ball will be played through the defenders or ahead of the player, in 16 it would automatically opt for a threaded through ball.
No-touch dribble has been slightly nerfed when stationary but you can still use it to do rapid diagonal direction changes when sprinting, so it's still OP when abused.
Goalkeepers have better positional routines but still constantly parry the ball directly to the path of the attackers. I conceded 4-5 goals from bad deflections.
The squad building challenges are cool.
The manager actions have been revamped and if you just do them you'll start off with 3-4 extra packs and several thousand coins.

Menez is a beast and a great cheap starting striker.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

I agree there should be a balance between fast/weak and slower/stronger but the weak players have been nerfed a bit too much this edition imo. As for target men they were very good in 13, king in 14, good in 15, and poo poo in 16. I wouldn't say the series has always favored pacey weak players, it's just that pacey players are easier to use and hold up target men take a bit more effort to master. I had an amazing record with berbatov in a false 9 in 15 for instance.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I felt like the attackers just get a huge bonus when trying to win headers and that defenders don't even jump most of the time.

I've scored 4-5 goals straight from the corner though, it seems easy.

Good

emanresu tnuocca posted:

My impressions of the game:
Containment and team containment has been nerfed even further, if EA want to discourage players form using it they can just remove it and free the buttons for something else.
All the cunts do Pogba's dab celebration.
Skills have been nerfed, players can't seem to start the animations when they're off balance and would take another touch first, moreover the exit animations now seem more random so skill moves will often induce heavier touches and give away possession.

I think containment is right where it should be. Though I'm a bit biased and did 90% of my defensive work without any sort of containing features last year. The dab is one of the worst celebrations unleashed on fifa but the Big Man dance is worse and lasts about 30 seconds. Always do it if your teammate is being an rear end. I find dribbling a bit less rewarding on the whole but my bread and butter skill moves have been working fine for me (scoop turn, mcgeady spin, ball roll etc.)

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Tell you what tho fake shot/cross isn't nearly as good as it used to be, animation seems to be a bit slower.

e:

Here's a permanent link to PC Parmos Discord bc Origin sucks:

https://discord.gg/zBqQfCF

black.lion fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 25, 2016

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Seltzer posted:

I agree there should be a balance between fast/weak and slower/stronger but the weak players have been nerfed a bit too much this edition imo. As for target men they were very good in 13, king in 14, good in 15, and poo poo in 16. I wouldn't say the series has always favored pacey weak players, it's just that pacey players are easier to use and hold up target men take a bit more effort to master. I had an amazing record with berbatov in a false 9 in 15 for instance.

Did you try to use hold up/protect ball stuff with weak players in earlier versions? It actually worked fine. I was protecting the ball with weak dudes with no problem before, making them strictly better than big target men in the past. If they actually made it so Santi Cazorla can't sit there holding John Terry off forever that's probably a good thing, I dunno. We'll see though, I haven't played the final version yet.

Also I feel like if headers are too good it's really bad and makes the game too random, there's no real counterplay in some cases because the game lets people get off crazy good crosses while off balance so it's hard to stop a cross coming in completely, and then once it's in the air it's just a pure dice roll. I do want there to be an advantage to big strong tall players though I don't really have a problem with that, but if we start getting poo poo from FIFA 13 where the best play is to sprint to the goal line as fast as possible, cross the ball from the line without even turning while running full speed into Messi jumping and beating a center back then I'm gonna kinda hate that.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I'm proper hyped for Monday evening when I can finally play the new FIFA 17.

I tried some of those 'Squad Builder' challenges on the companion app but I found that after spending coins and building squads, the rewards were lacking. - I put in 5k coins to make several squads, and after opening the rewards and selling the players, came out with 6k. Not worth the effort. Maybe after the first week of actually playing I'll be able to quickly build squads and get the rest of the rewards.

Anyways, I got this FUT squad ready to roll day 1,

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/311226/

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Monday evening?

The game comes out Friday right? And if you had EA Access then can't you play it already? I'm confused

Edit: Oh, apparently the 29th is only for losers who don't live in the greatest country on earth for soccer and soccer video games:911:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah because the midnight release and I'm on the west coast, I'll have it 9pm on Monday :getin:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh I didn't realize it was a midnight release

noice

Are we doin midnight parmos or do we have to wait until people get off work Tuesday

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 25, 2016

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

black.lion posted:

Tell you what tho fake shot/cross isn't nearly as good as it used to be, animation seems to be a bit slower.

e:

Here's a permanent link to PC Parmos Discord bc Origin sucks:

https://discord.gg/8aK6G

No so permanent I think.

Please repost or invite me: albertros420.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

edited my original post w a new link that it claims is permanent, here it is:

https://discord.gg/zBqQfCF

thanks for the heads up!

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
If anybody still has access to the 10 hour trial the IF Promes is going for about 25k on Xbox at least and is worth every penny

yo soy fiesta
Feb 6, 2005

Are you fucking shitting me, dude!?

If anyone sees Apache, tell him the boys are back

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

yo soy fiesta posted:

If anyone sees Apache, tell him the boys are back

Apache, seen here:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
The fifa european team is coming back this year but half the team are AWOL until mid october so new blood will be welcomed.

Popehoist and Soulex are still banned.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I got this poo poo on ps4 this year and would def be down to do pro clubs.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
i would love to play proclubs this year, i'm a NA guy, please invite me psn: babeitskiy

Apache Chief
May 21, 2011
i dont think parmos upper management has what it takes to match the terms of my loan agreement

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
um first time i've downloaded instead of buying in store and the graphics look like i'm playing a ps2 game? at least in the one FUT game i've played, anyone else having that issue

proper hosed up

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm loving Menez so far, pacey, decent shooting, great dribbling 4*\4* and you can get him from like 3k coins. N'tep is another great cheapish Ligue 1 player, he's like a slightly downgraded martial but still great. In fact I built a rather spiffy full chem Ligue 1 team for something like 15k and I'm pretty happy about it.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I'm loving Menez so far, pacey, decent shooting, great dribbling 4*\4* and you can get him from like 3k coins. N'tep is another great cheapish Ligue 1 player, he's like a slightly downgraded martial but still great. In fact I built a rather spiffy full chem Ligue 1 team for something like 15k and I'm pretty happy about it.

Wait you don't play on ps4 as well do you because I just played a guy with this exact team.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Nah I'm on PC, gonna assume that many people are going right now with an N'tep - Menez - Lucas front three, quality players for relatively cheap etc.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah, I love Menez and N'tep is pretty drat good so I might build something similar too.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
is it possible i downloaded the ps3 version somehow? that's not even playable on ps4 though right?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
game feels sluggish. seems like I also have to hold the pass button alot longer to get anywhere.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

if you want speedier passes, use the RB modifier, same w through balls

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Dribbling just feels like poo poo right now. Agility barely matters. Also strong stikers >>>. I've been scoring more with garbage fast + strong silvers than I have with good balanced gold cards.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As always, the game will get at least one or two gameplay patches. One before christmas for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Apache Chief posted:

i dont think parmos upper management has what it takes to match the terms of my loan agreement

We'll leave the light on for you

• Locked thread