Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As always, the game will get at least one or two gameplay patches. One before christmas for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Yes, it is better to just play as the whole team and trying to get the chances with your player. Still, they should just let you skip the cutscenes and go straight to the decisions because they will force you through some scripted events no matter what you do. Right now I played 3 EPL matches, scored on all of them (hell, on the 3rd I scored a hat trick) and the manager still doesn't make me a starter. It's stupid that a player gets subbed in 7 matches, scores 12 goals yet he is still a sub.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

T Bowl posted:

Yeah someone told me if you play as a bottom feeder club even if you do great they still loan you out to the Championship.

Well this is awful then. I picked Boro because it would be easier to end as the main ST. If this is true I may just start over and pick one of the big ones because it seems that it doesn't matter how high the rating you have, the game will force the plot to happen.

Late edit to add a goal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhIzSiy3PPc

Loving pro clubs so far this year, as your player develops actually playing well in the selected position, players don't try to do skill dribbles as CBs or poo poo like that. Great improvement when playing on drop-ins.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 2, 2016

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm having more fun playing pro clubs in 17 than in any previous game. And manager mode with the extra objectives like promoting young players and so is an improvement. It still has issues but 17 is a well rounded release.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm on the same boat. I've lost the PK indicator and for some reason it doesn't show on both Pro Clubs and Manager mode.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I may be forgetting something as I could see it on manager mode but now I can't. You may be right but in SP I should be able to see it at least and I didn't (MLS career mode match).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

nopantsjack posted:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I think I'm the only person in the world who only plays FIFA for the basic career mode, its football manager for babies with real gameplay and I'm all about that.

Does the basic career mode exist or has it been replaced with the Journey thing? Also if it still exists have any improvements been made to it?

I played the demo and I'm not sure about this one, can't tell if the new engine is worse or not cause I came in predisposed to dislike it since I think FIFA had by far the best football mans simulating engine out there previously.

Career mode got improved in a few ways. Now you have aditional objectives like promoting young players or increasing your club's value. Also attending press conferences increase your popularity so you sell more t-shirts.

They finally fixed the bug where your youth academy crashes the game if two players have the same name.

It's just 16's career more polished, nothing amazing but fun at least. I like it as the only online mode I'm interested this year is Parmos PC supremacy.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

There's also total player stats. You can use an 83 rated CM and be a worse player than a 79 rated one. I got tired of FUT last year and taught myself to not start playing at least until the first market crash.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Bought this on Friday. It's a real improvement over the last couple fifa games.

Defending is weird as hell. The challenge button is basically worthless, but it seems like as long as you only only try to cut off passes the computer will do most of the defending for you.

My only big gripe is the injuries. I've gotten an injury a game for the last four games. It's really annoying because it makes having a fitness squad almost pointless. Also lower extremity healing cards cost like 2k, which is insane.

Seems that the injury issue is something they carried from 16 but only on UT. I played plenty of Career mode matches and they didn't happen often.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seltzer posted:

It's not even the counter attacking part of counter attacking that is the main issue. It's the fact that their entire line and CDM are always in perfect position under that tactic. I said earlier it's zero risk huge reward. Giving up space for build up play doesn't matter this year when your defense will stop any run and block any shot. Most goals in this edition come from exploiting a defender out of place instead of dribbling or playing smart passes like previous years. With counter attack the defenders are never out of place. Also even heading is becoming more difficult. Normally people use full backs to build up play offensively but more and more people have them set to stay back and on counter attack which means it's becoming increasingly harder to swing in a cross as full backs are always right on your wingersand defenders deflect nearly everything.

e- I have no regrets using my gimmicky 5 atb because it confuses people and absolutely shits on counter attacks

I know that it's not remotely close at all in terms of gameplay but I noticed that even against the AI, having full backs to always overlap is a big risk on World Class or more. I'm playing a 4-3-2-1 (the like of 2 are a RF/LF) and the only issue is the fullback line. I'm playing my manager with Dortmund and Italy as national team and with Italy I play a 5-2-2-1 being an absolute brick wall. On previous games, having full backs that were good at attacking was recommended while on 17 they better be good at defending or you'll get hosed.

This applies to H2H too on my little experience.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

With EA focusing on FUT and Konami being just incompetent, 2k should make a football game to put some pressure on them.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Trying to enter the football game market without the FIFA licensing bonanza is suicide, EA could poo poo out crap football games for over a decade and remain relevant solely through the power of licensing and Big Names, Pro Evo evaporated in a couple of years once it lost its gameplay edge.

Nobody wants to play as North London Blue or Merseyside Red and control players named Dave Louis or Bob Fireman.

I'm assuming that let's say 2k (because they have money) would pay for the rights. Konami is losing licenses because they're cheapasses and they rely on the diehard fans to do the job for them, that's why you can install custom option files and kits on ps4 and yet still be able to play online.

But hey, it's what I think. Both EA and Konami are lazy because they have their fans and will keep selling despite what they do.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Remember to do the robot dance with Crouch for extra classic points.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Welcome back from the dead Jovetic, first two matches with Sevilla and 2 goals, both against Real Madrid (1 in the cup and 1 today in La Liga). Give me an IF Jovetic already EA! :argh:

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 15, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hell, I might even start a manager once they update the teams just to play both Ben Yedder and Jovetic up front.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Yea I was asking because I was put off by the controls at first but once I got used to them they felt quite good. I really think the pace and dribbling are better handled for sure.

As someone that got PES 2017 on christmas for my PS4, PES 2018 demo felt really really the same. Slightly better handling but you know that you'll need some awful patching on PS4 to get the kits and stuff working.

There's also an issue with 2 player local with PES2017 and patches is that if you turn on the 2nd controller before selecting teams, it'll revert all custom stuff. So as stupid as it sounds, you have to select teams, and in the tactics selection screen, turn on the 2nd controller, back to select teams and then it'll work with custom kits.

We are in 2017 and as much as PES gets better, not having licenses for a lot of stuff is retarded. 2018 is the same, PC gets an hybrid engine that needs patching to look any closer to consoles, bone can't patch so poo poo licenses and PS4 can patch like PC but good luck finding a good pack and patching is annoying.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This year might do the jump to PS4 from PC depending on how good it looks. At the other hand I loved the bit of PC Parmos I play every year.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The demo doesn't have Ibra on Manchester United what the hell.

Other than that it feels good. Might get it as birthday present in october this time on PS4 because the thing I liked the most last year was PC Parmos and offline manager. Took one year off FUT.

Juve looks insane this year, same with other Serie A transfers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Knowing EA and Fifa demos, the final game will feel different and then patch it twice to tweak stuff by christmas.

• Locked thread