Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Started the game about a month ago, and through sbcs and the like ended up with the good fortune to pack a couple strong players, most notably a standard 89 aguero

I run a epl squad so that's great, but as I'm broke at the moment I can't help but wonder if I'd be better off swapping aguero for standard Sanchez and making 80-100k or so to turn around into sbcs or the 100k promo pack. Would this be a mistake?

Right now I'm running a 4-3-1-2 with

Aguero - Vardy (Firmino, Sturridge, Coutinho)

Ozil

Eriksen - Gundogan - Mahrez (Depay, Sterling, Wilshire, Schneiderlin, De Rossi)

Shaw - Mustafi - Ashley Williams - Coleman (Moreno, Bellerin, Cahill, Reid)

Cech

Is there a better use of my players than this formation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Appreciate the advice, I'll look into Kante today

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

How do you get to the point where you have that many coins :lsd:?

I peaked at like 200k when I packed two motm in short order

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

When you say trading, do you mean making percentage sums off of buying/selling high value players strategically?

I don't really have a sense of how the market behaves (PS4)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I've been using it since it was suggested itt and found that it works best for me with pacey midfielders on the outside and a solid passer at cdm. I use the counter attack style and pressure back with my cam as much as possible.

Ideally I recover the ball about a quarter of the way up the field, pop it outside to a midfielder for a run, pull up and see who comes in trailing.

Alternatively I just let aguero or vardy ball out but that probably doesn't work as well up the ranks :getin:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In penny-ante news I grabbed a bunch of schweinsteigers given the mls news, even small appreciation helps

I can't seem to break out of Division 4, which is probably a bad sign for ever getting better

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Just packed 85 Mustafi, should I wait on him to appreciate or sell now given the novelty?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I just realized that after my mass selling and totw sbc spamming my 5 highest rated strikers are all league sbc rewards :popeye:

If I didn't build a french/bpl hybrid around lacazette I'd be hosed

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Is that birthday sbc reward pack coming anytime soon?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I decided to mess around with an mls squad and stuck an anchor on josef martinez because I was out of hawks

it's hilarious, he's got 99 sprint/acc with 92 strength and near perfect positioning. I haven't a single complaint at all.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Any suggestions on good instructive videos to help make the jump from holding-div-3 quality to qualifying for WL?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Seltzer posted:

I could write a mini guide on some general tips with regards to winning the qualifying tournament if you like. I don't know what div I am this year since I don't play divs but I've qualified every week I wanted to except this one where I just was too frustrated to try again.

Yeah, I'd appreciate it. I usually smoke the first two opponents then lose the third in frustrating, smothered fashion.

Seltzer posted:

Draft was a smart gimmick for fifa 16 but yeah now that the newness has worn off the payout needs to be changed. Idk they don't have a 5k draft and a 15k draft and just scale rewards down accordingly. The price is too prohibitive imo. 89 Villa and IF Martinez are such a lethal combo I can't wait until MLS tots to get a non wasteman CM to link to martinez.

I don't have the luxury of 89 villa up top but I really like SBC Gio/82 Dempsey as CFs in the CAM spots in a 4-2-3-1. Kaka not so much.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Elliptical Dick posted:

I'm thinking of doing the Bundesliga SBC to get Lewa and then building a squad around him. I was just wondering if chemistry affects the subs that you bring on because I was thinking of sticking my BPL squad on the bench for fitness.

Have you had a chance to play with Lewa before? I was pretty disappointed

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I appreciate the writeup. My game has drastically fallen off in recent days so I'll have to fix that first lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Elliptical Dick posted:

No I haven't. Why were you disappointed? The card looks really good at first glance.

He didn't play up to his stats in a few setups I tried. NIF Modeste outperformed him by double.

I had the same thing with De Bruyne vs Eriksen though so ymmv

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In a span of ten minutes I

- got scored on from a bicycle kick 3/4 of the way to the corner
- had my ai concede a penalty after a corner clearance while everyone exited the box
- allowed said penalty via half of ball clipping through keeper's stomach

why do i play this game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Do the league sbcs, there's a spreadsheet or two floating around as to how to turn a small profit. If you happen to get lucky and pull an exceptionally valuable player you can turn it around immediately.

If you're going to do that, use futbin.com to make sure you're getting good value when you sell.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

your mother scores goals in hell!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think you'll find that the best BL keeper is a hybridized jack butland

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, as much as De Gea/Courtois/Lloris piss me off with stupid poo poo, they clearly make saves Butland doesn't. He's a good option for starting/cheap/low star squads but the fact players will still use him/musa when they could clearly afford at least Lloris/Vardy mystifies me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Elliptical Dick posted:

Yeah Cech routinely outperforms him for me. I think most high end keepers are serviceable tbh. I can almost always identify the cause of goals against as a defensive mistake by myself.

When I used Cech he got *lit up* by low driven balls, esp cross body. not that anyone in this game doesn't, but you know. I've settled on 88 Schmeichel for the forseeable future and I'm gonna stick with this one.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hijs2ZPKwDE

e: lmao at rooney getting koed

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 8, 2017

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

This is what I'm rolling with now, any improvements I can make up top other than IF Dempsey or IF Villa? Broke af

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/3772482

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I try to tell myself I don't have time for WL but if I qualified I might feel differently :v:

Maybe I'll try super lig.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

First time qualified! Gyasi Zardes is the truth :911:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm glad I've now qualified once :reject:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Any chance there's a TOTY conversion sbc coming up? I packed a duplicate Ritchie and I'm thinking of just taking the discard for other investment.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Great, now I just have to exhibit self-control...

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

cot dam

Is there a useful tool for learning how and when to integrate skill moves into one's game? My working knowledge of dribbling extends to L2 vs R2

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm 8-13 :twisted:

There were a few players that just blew me away but overall I'm happy with performance. I had no idea that there were coins and packs for even just keeping a 1/4 pace

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ended up Gold 3, which for my first attempt I'm happy with. I feel like my game actually improved as the weekend wore on, which was unexpected.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I neglected to mention that the advice y'all have given over the past few weeks has been really helpful, and I consider the fact I made it at all partly the responsibility of this thread!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I meant to mention before but snap up the fosu mensahs and akes now and make a ~6k profit per in two weeks

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Would you believe CONMEBOL waits until August?

There are a few friendlies tho

e: feelin real heart eyes emoji about that almiron IF for the Martinez green link

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 24, 2017

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Elliptical Dick posted:

Aaarrrrggghhh I just got to the final of the new DKO on the first try. Was leading 2-0 in tbe 84th and after no lag all game it DC's all of a sudden and blames me. Wasn't there a trick that people could do to force the game to think the other player disconnected? I'm suspicious as hell

Contact EA about this. If you have a decent record in the DKO/WL qualification/etc they'll give you a win as a known issue.

Seltzer posted:

They just had to make room in the totw for pogbas 4th special card for doing nothing and a son card while his sbc is out. Oh well I didn't do the son sbc and now there is a better tradeable central card. Hopefully he'll be low because tons of people did the sbc.

The SBC is super super cheap relative to value, so if it isn't I'd advise snagging him!

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 24, 2017

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, it's hardly gospel but there's a reddit thread rn where a guy got Sig that way and posted his chatlog.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What, you're telling me dendoncker isn't one of the bestall around players in the world?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Just remember to be simultaneously polite and assertive. Get ready to hear all about how whatever fellow answers your inquiry also enjoys the FUT and understands your pain.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

When are weekly rewards due out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lmao I was griping out loud about wasting money on the liga mx matchup and pulled son in the reward pack

Now because I'm a shithead I'm grumbling about wasting money on the sbc

• Locked thread