Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The "small flicks" Jukez does seem to be three different things:
1. Body feint + exit - do a body feint (RS tap a direction perpendicular to the direction your player is facing) and then exit with LS to any direction, if it's forward or to the side you'll get a speed boost.
2. "no touch dribble" exit - while moving with the ball hold L1 + LS to a perpendicular direction, your player will half turn his body and then you hold sprint + LS direction, speed boost etc.
3. Face up dribbling exit - do a face up dribble and then let go of L2 while holding a direction, your player will take a heavier touch in the direction of the exit.

Not that pulling these off consistently and in the right situations is trivial in any way or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The WL has been ridiculously leggy for me too this week. When taking a goal kick and holding a direction it took the camera half a second to rotate.

I really don't get whether the WL matches are p2p or EA hosted but they're seemingly way worse than division and pro club matches, rather frustrating.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Well, a group of coin sellers are apparently on trial for fraud and theft - https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5cwswn/fbi_says_alleged_hackers_used_fifa_to_steal/

They mined coins and made millions of dollars in profit.

Honestly I'm not really sure what's the felony here, they abused a glitch in the game and violated the ToC but how is this criminal? Also, they made mad cash through this whole thing, rather impressive if you ask me.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Hazard potm apparently confirmed:
https://twitter.com/bateson87/status/799270074515357697

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Am I the only one feeling the WL burn? There's something about that whole thing that somewhat feels like a chore, I know it's stupid but it's the competitive\ranked nature of that whole thing that kind of compels you to play more games than you actually would want.

I think I'm just gonna give this weekend a pass.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Hazard POTM SBC requirements are kinda absurd, I guess it makes sense given that any IF version of hazard would likely cost somewhere in the vicinity of 800k coins. But still, kinda nuts:

quote:

Belgium - 3 Prime Gold Players Packs:
Belgium Players: Exactly 11
TOTW Players: Min 1
Team Overall Rating: Min. 84
Team Chemistry: Exactly 100
October Opponents - 2 Jumbo Premium Gold Packs:
Hull City Players: Min. 2
Leicester City Players: Min. 2
Manchester Utd Players: Min. 2
Southampton Players: Min. 2
Team Overall Rating: Min. 83
Premier League - 2 EPL Prime Players Packs:
Premier League Players: Exactly 11
Nationalities: Min. 8
TOTW Players: Min. 2
Team Overall Rating: Min. 84
Two Leagues - 2 Premium Gold Players Packs:
Leagues: Exactly 2
Players from the same league: Max. 6
Team Overall Rating: Min. 85

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Holding back is tantamount to dissing, imo.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
loving A Hummels got an IF, my untradeable OTW Hummels finally pays off!

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Sanches is good but much like Ramires he's just a touch too poo poo on the ball. I wanted try Castro IF but he's completely extinct on PC.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Given that OTWs don't get MOTM upgrades it doesn't matter if he'll be great in europe or not.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Trying to enter the football game market without the FIFA licensing bonanza is suicide, EA could poo poo out crap football games for over a decade and remain relevant solely through the power of licensing and Big Names, Pro Evo evaporated in a couple of years once it lost its gameplay edge.

Nobody wants to play as North London Blue or Merseyside Red and control players named Dave Louis or Bob Fireman.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Dec 13, 2016

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
When you're tired of the FUT grind playing a match or two of H2H seasons can be pretty great, imo

People who can't defend against 1-2 passes are really fun to play against.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It's really all about trying to do the same things defenders do in real football, stay goalside, don't lunge at the ball unless the attacker is showing too much of it to your defender, hold your shape, run back with your CBs and let the midfielders harass the ball movers, read runs early etc.

Generally the CPU is pretty good at doing all of these things but it won't tackle for you, that's another reason why it's better to track back with your midfielders and capitalize when the attacker is trying to get past your defenders.

One more thing that's really important is: don't panic player switch, it's better to always switch players using the right stick, mashing L1 will kill your defensive shape and make your defenders even more passive than usual.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Fekir looks like a solid Ligue 1 striker option.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Stefan Prodan posted:

I know we've had like traits for years and years and years, but does anyone know what they actually DO? Like, besides generalities, has it ever come out what their actual practical effects are? Some of them are confusing, like, if a player has "Strength" does that mean he just got a flat bonus to his strength attribute and that's already reflected in his stats or does it do something else on top of his strength stat?

Strength is a specialty, like 'speed dribbler', these just indicate that a player meets certain stat criteria, there's a complete list of the requirements for those here: http://segmentnext.com/2015/10/01/fifa-16-specialties-guide-requirements-to-add-specialties-to-your-players/

Traits are different though and signify special in game abilities, some of them are probably stat related but others allow using different animations etc

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Bought SIF Balotelli for a slick 50k, his stats are really quite crazy with the Hunter chem style, 99 strength 99 heading 94 finishing. Pretty sweet.

He does this: https://streamable.com/qgl1z

Edit: man I got the stats all wrong, and I meant hawk style. He's still great.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Dec 27, 2016

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Was there any FIFA where higuain wasn't garbage?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Low agility and balance coupled with his inability to play a real target man due to his underwhelming passing stats make him a very situational player, imo.

I also think that the "outside the foot shot" trait is problematic, sometimes it's great like when you take a shoot from the right (assuming right footed player) and instead of popping it with the left which would curl inward he takes it with the right and it's generally unstoppable but often when you come from inside the box you just want to shoot a simple inside-footed shot with the left which would be a 90% goal but instead the player re-positions to take the outside footed shot with the stronger foot which gives the keeper time to close the angle and ruins the chance. With Higuain who has 4* weak foot this was particularly annoying for me last year when I played with his Record Breaker card.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
In h2h season I play with Chelsea in their 3atb formation which actually appears as 5-2-2-1 in FUT and it's kinda ridiculous, playing diagonal through balls from the wingbacks or cbs to the wingers is ridiculous because they're not marked at all by 4ATB formations. I haven't tried it in fut due to links but I think it might be a great beginner's formation.

Here's a cheapish squad based on french\ligue 1 players - http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/3648316/

I placed some possible (more expensive) upgrades on the bench, none of these is really super expensive, probably Di Maria is the priciest one of the bunch. You can also rather easily use these players in a 433 formation (Ben Arfa in the cam position is fantastic, he's so great I play him as CM even though he can't defend for poo poo).

This year I also recommend applying chemistry style cards to make sure you boost the right stats for each of your players, generally you can't go wrong with the Shadow chem style for defenders and midfielders.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Trip report: the 5-2-2-1 is awesome.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
95% of the poo poo people post to r\fifa as proof of scripting is very obviously glitches related to the way FIFA compensates for latency.

People show players colliding into nothing or the ball changing its trajectory midair and are so :tinfoil: they don't get it's just the game trying to correct for desync between the two clients.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Serie A is so expensive this year, I'm eyeing that Giroud card for my ligue 1 squad with his green link to Martial.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
There's plenty of great Serie A players this year but it at least on PC it seems like every half decent one goes for 100K+, even Marchisio is 90k.

I was looking into ditching my ligue 1\bundesliga players and replacing them with Icardi\Perisic\Brozovic who seem like a ridiculous power trio but each of them is like 150k and no way can I afford that.

So I bought packs instead and unpacked Giroud so it's back to plan 1. I hope he'll be better than Balo who is just a lazy sack of poo poo who's never in the box and runs out of stamina by the 60th minute.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jan 12, 2017

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Seltzer posted:

Holy poo poo the stats on TOTY Marcelo. I'm definetly gonna waste the majority of my coins on that card. TOTY cards have appreciated every year after they go out of packs too so not a bad pick up. I could use Alves in a Serie A team but Marcelo has those 4* skills and better shooting stats.

Lol he's 91+ rated in every position, crazy. (e: except 89 in ST)

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
So far IF Giroud has 3 goals and 1 assist in two matches. He actually gets in the box and smashes headers in.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Speaking of absulutely mad 83 rated players, IF Ben Yedder is fully sick, I play at CF with Engine and these are his stats:

He also has 4*/5*, making him deadly from anywhere inside the box.

Here's my current squad - http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/3860149/ (e: I don't have Kante IF, regular kante.) I just swap wings at the beginning to give Martial and Di Maria good crossing opportunities, I'm pretty happy with it, trying to ditch players and maybe get TOTGS Fahrmann in goal.

I'm also gonna try monitoring my connection this weekend and make sure I only play matches if I have less than 100ms ping to the server, previous weekend was torture for me.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jan 13, 2017

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

littlejoey posted:

How are you monitoring the ping of your opponents?

I haven't been successful so far!

You can do it by watching your router logs and knowing the IP adresses of the EA servers to figure out which one you're connected to but it's a hassle and so far I've failed miserably.

there's plenty of discussion abotu it here - https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5mqa8k/ocfut_weekend_league_ea_server_analysis_why_wl/?ref=search_posts

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Found an application named "CurrPorts" that lets you see all the connections opened on your computer, you can also filter by application so it's easy to see all the ports FIFA is opening, so you can just copy the remote IP adress and ping the latest one added to the list when you start a match.

It seems to me like there's one EA server to which I get 70ms pings and the rest are above 150ms and complete torture but I need to gently caress with this a bit more. It's not very practical to keep doing this.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
New patch:
http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/232862

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
This is what the new matchmaking screen looks like:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

hopterque posted:

No word yet on when the patch is coming to consoles, though.

On the consoles there's a vetting process by Microsoft\Sony and the deployment of the patch is scheduled by them and not by EA as it uses their servers, it's not up to EA really. On PC they get to release as soon as it's ready from their end, on consoles it's usually about a week later.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I believe momentum is a thing. In some modes you can see a 'composure' stat for players, it makes sense for this stat to affect gameplay elements in certain points during a match.

Handicapping and ELO based rubber banding I don't believe though, I think people just lose their IRL composure and start playing like poo poo when luck goes against them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Elliptical Dick posted:

I'm thinking of doing the Bundesliga SBC to get Lewa and then building a squad around him. I was just wondering if chemistry affects the subs that you bring on because I was thinking of sticking my BPL squad on the bench for fitness.

Individual chemistry links do not matter when you sub players on but team chemistry does (and also position), sub chemistry is capped at 7 though even if your team chemistry in 100 and you sub them into the right position.

• Locked thread