Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I've been loving around with my copy of 17 and also am enjoying it despite knowing very little about soccer and being objectively terrible at the game. Looking forward to messing with the demo for 18.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I've found in playing career for the first time playing just my player has been a good way to get a feel with things as a super casual soccer fan and all. My North Korean born "Han Notaspy" is on a crappy South Korean team and it's at least been helpful in showing me what the roles do nice and clearly and other basic stuff. I set my guy up as an assist focused player and having moments of getting off a rough pass to a guy who scores a clutch goal feel really neat. If I knew my poo poo more I'd probably play with the whole team more just to reduce moments of 'drat it I passed right to you and you shot into the crowd for some reason' but the game seems to do a good job of making your wins feel earned even on stupid baby mode.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is there any good resources for FUT to use if I'm familiar with the general concept from games like Madden but lack the actual sport community knowledge of what I want to actually be going for other than 'high numbers are good'?

I mean, I'm doing ok in 17 just going on the 'high numbers and maybe don't completely gut my chemistry stuff' method but it'd be nice to have a more workable knowledge.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh yea despite not much experiencing it myself I'm fully aware of how hardcore FIFA is online and all, I'm fully accepting I'll spend most of my time there getting wrecked by some twelve year old.

Thanks, though, that is helpful! Sounds like the only real change in mindset from stuff like Madden is Chemistry mattering a lot more. Honestly I like that if that's the case, it always felt like such a wasted stat in Madden unless there was just a few super specific combos or something like a solo challenge required it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea wasted was likely the wrong word there, but yea I can see how the NFL and 'literally everyone who plays soccer professionally in the world' would lead to very different needs and chemistry would make a good way to rein things in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I've never had any issue on PS4 myself.

So what's this demo have in it?

• Locked thread