Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Bought this on Friday. It's a real improvement over the last couple fifa games.

Defending is weird as hell. The challenge button is basically worthless, but it seems like as long as you only only try to cut off passes the computer will do most of the defending for you.

My only big gripe is the injuries. I've gotten an injury a game for the last four games. It's really annoying because it makes having a fitness squad almost pointless. Also lower extremity healing cards cost like 2k, which is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Guillermus posted:

Seems that the injury issue is something they carried from 16 but only on UT. I played plenty of Career mode matches and they didn't happen often.

Haven't played career yet, so Idk. I only played fut on 16 briefly and I don't remember it being this bad.

Also, anyone having issues with the mobile app/web app? It's saying I haven't played enough to access the transfer market.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vivisectvnv posted:

they are definetely more frequent, but it isn't really an issue unless you are a total scrub and don't run a fitness squad

I have a fitness squad!!!!! And I have a player injured in my fitness squad and regular squad. The injuries seem weirdly unrelated to fitness. I've been having a lot of fresh players getting injured in the first half of games. OTOH, there are two players I've been running into the ground to fill in for the injured guys, and they seem to be invincible.

Given the price of fitness cards, I guess I'll have to have a full line of backups for both my fitness squad and regular squads.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
What's an SBC?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I make a Russian fitness squad every year. They're always decent, cheap, and fun as hell. Shame hulk and Doumbia aren't in the RPL this year.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
It's probably worth trying to move giuliano up to striker, but I've been using a 4-3-3 with my RPL squad, and it's been working well.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Seltzer posted:

This will probably be the last time I bring this up since it's not provable either way and can enter scripting/momentum tinfoil territory but I'll reiterate that the stat boosts simply don't feel like as big as they're claimed to be and that I saw a high level pro player answering questions about this years edition and echoed my sentiments exactly. He said what I thought earlier- chem styles confer a boost but not near what EA has said they do. The guy who said this is the same guy who would use the non-upgraded 83 Griezmann over the 84 nif Griezmann in tournaments because he knew that card performed better from hours of playing despite it going against logic. This was before his thoughts were confirmed by the chemgate poo poo that showed that upgraded nif cards were on base chem. So basically I trust the pro's opinion on the matter.

Again a lot of it is subjective, how you play etc. and I do believe that certain combinations of stats, height, traits, body type etc, can create players that play way better than expected. Sometimes I'm almost certain they've entered the stats wrong. There's no way fifa 13 Arnautovic played like his stats or 15 Deulofeu for example. Dabo looks like a nice card though, him an Tolisso will be great if they get IFs again.

I still have a cheap team because I haven't played much, but I do remember running into IF cards in the past that just felt broken and worse than the regular cards. What I'm saying is it's a funny old fifa, and it all seems to be somewhat of a craps shoot.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
So what's the deal? Prices on RPL players are going to go up because there will likely be an RPL themed SBC?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
God wtf I went away for a year and all the acronyms have changed. Is OTW the same as in form/IF?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Stefan Prodan posted:

It's Ones to Watch, it's a black colored card that takes on the stats of whatever the highest IF card exists for that player

Speaking of Bundesliga players though I almost have enough coins to buy Vidal :getin:

Got it. Thanks.

Still poor and I just bought IF Immobile. His stats look tasty as gently caress for a not-quite-cheap-but-not-expensive striker.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Supposedly you should run to the back line and cross to the far post. It hasn't really worked out that great for me, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
IF Immobile fwiggin' rules.

• Locked thread