Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
So my xbox one died but I've got an ancient gtx660 in my comp, which just so happens to fall under the recommended specs for Fifa 17. I've never played any of the previous titles on the PC before, so I've got a few questions.

1) Is the PC community active? And is there crossplay with consoles in matchmaking and the like?
2) Will my lovely GTX660 actually run this well enough to have it looking sexy or am I going to be playing at 20 FPS with FIFA 13 graphics?
3) Am I dumb to buy this on PC instead of just waiting to fix my xbone?

Like this PC has been my dedicated FM/Grand strat machine for years now with it's beefy processor (i7, SSD, etc) but the graphics card isn't really that good anymore so I tend to not buy anything graphics intensive on it. So I've no idea how it'll run... I think the most intensive game I've run on it recently would be BF4 and like Shadow of Mordor but neither of which were at their highest settings.

Anyways what do you all think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

So I feel like the full version (EA access) of the game feels noticeably more difficult then the demo. Like on the demo I 3-1'd United as City with crisp passing and the like, versus now just finishing a game as RB Leizpeg vs Augsburg and having 1 shot on goal 3 shots total to their 14 shots 3-nill rear end pounding. I was running a 3-5-2 with a crazy aggressive press so that's probably a huge reason for it. Anyways through balls have been nerfed hard and defenders seem to be able to tackle perfectly every time if you're trying to do regular agility dribbles.

My biggest takeway is I think they need to address strength, because as it stands currently any weak but agile dribbler simply gets muscled off the ball immediately negating whatever skill he might have.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Seltzer posted:

I've said it already a bunch of times but I don't actually have any problem with those players losing the ball if they actually called the fouls on them that cause them to cough up the ball half the time I play online. As for AI difficulty, yea, it's a pain in the rear end they're good at parking the bus and stringing passes together at all the levels I've played. Luckily I only play like 3 AI games a year to get into the flow of the game. If I played vs the AI all year it would be extra miserable this year. I've gotten some very nice EPL cards from the squad builders and I'm up like 40 k off doing them if I had to estimate.

e- What is people's experience with headers this year? Both my teams have two short strikers so I haven't messed with it yet.
I've yet to land a header from set pieces, but I've knocked in the odd cross on the break to Aguero. But in terms of an Oliver Giroud, Peter Crouch bully the ball into the net, nah haven't had any of those yet.

Stefan Prodan posted:

I actually feel like it's good if fast weak players lose the ball more, I'm tired of small pace players being by far the best in the game where there's no point in ever using a big slow motherfucker like Dzeko or Ibra or something. I mean you can do it and win if you're good but you're just playing with a weighted vest on like fuckin Goku, you'd be better off playing with a fast player in almost every case in previous years.

Like, I think most really good players would consider it a true or at least arguable statement that loving 77 overall Edu Vargas with his 59 strength was a better/more useful player in FIFA 15 than Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
I agree, it's nice that you can't just pace whore anymore but in that same token if people just shift over to strength whoring (what a funny phrase) it'll be a sideways move on the ladder to better game. I think they need to strike a balance between the two rather then just shifting the scale in either directions which is definitely something that'll require delicacy. Also funny enough, Zlatan appears to be fuckin godly now... like you can't knock him off the ball at all and if build up play is going to be more valued this go around, he's perfect at holding up play.

Stefan Prodan posted:

On world class or what difficulty?
Yep, World Class. Knocked it down to Professional for a bit just to have some respite and the AI wasn't a slouch there either.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Kanish posted:

Im trying to enjoy the Journey mode, but im just really not good at doing anything worthwhile in the 2 minutes I get to play. Ive gotten one shot on goal in like 6 games. At least its not a Spike Lee joint.
Protip - go to your settings and change the match length. It helps a ton, because otherwise finding chances is certainly dire unless your demanding a pass at literally all moments your team has possession.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

somrap nioj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

I'd like to purchase 10,000 orange futures.

• Locked thread