Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
After I dunno like 10 years of FIFA and playing almost entirely online team play I found myself isolated and with a lovely internet connection the last month and so decided to try FUT. Now I'm all into it. I made a prem squad as such right now, always run 4-4-2:

Kane/Lukaku
Walcott/Gundogan/Lallana/Mkhitaryan
Azp/Matip/Lovren/Coleman
Valdez

and similar bench players etc.

All these cards are vanilla, so all of them combined are worth like a third of a Hazard or Zlatan let alone one of those crazy black or purple cards. What are good things for me to do at this point to make EA football electronic gold? I'm restricted to playing offline for at least the next month or so and generally can't play/monitor things all that much anymore because of "life" but I do have disposable income that I'm willing to throw at electronic footballers in limited quantities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
buying coins seems to be a not a particularly smart ploy

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
My killer squad: https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/3749280

In game chemistry is 100, not really sure why it isn't on this app.

I have around 33k in hard currency...thoughts on what to do with that? I'm currently in Div 5 and win most of the time, but my squad is weaker in almost every game.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
The reason Rodriguez was in there is I'd just sold Azp after his price went way up and he was just sort of...filling in, since I can't sell him.

Anyway, I reworked it to this:

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/3749280

I think I like Sanchez as the main striker and I got him fairly cheap (he still represents almost half of my available capital however). I also have Lukaku and bought Vardy. I couldn't quite swing an IF Benteke; I thought Sanchez looked the most similar to him. I kept Fabregas and Henderson as midfield subs as I like them. Faster and more defensive midfield seems good though, one guy I played tonite couldn't get past them to save his life.

I've not really liked playing with blazing fast wingers thus far (I have Zaha and Walcott, they were my starters for a while); I'm a lot more used to Coutinho/Mkhitaryan. This is probably a skill issue...is there something I'm missing with wing play when you have crazy fast guys?

bewbies fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 10, 2017

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm sure this is a dumb question but why is it exciting when one of your players has an in form card come out?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
ahh ok so there isnt any financial value, it's just a cool thing?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
So I actually packed a TOTY Sanson...which is the first sort of good UT card I've ever gotten between FIFA and several years of NHL UT. It also looked like one hell of a player, but being as that card by itself was worth more than the rest of my team put together I sold it and got a vanilla Hazard, vanilla Otamendi, and 83 Kante and IF Benteke (88) in exchange for him. So now, I look like this, in a 4-3-3 narrow:

LF: Hazard/Martial ST: Benteke/Vardy RF: Mane/Zaha

CM: Fabregas/Dembele/Fernandinho/Kante/Henderson/Matic

LB: Azpilicueta/Clichy CB: Otamendi/Smalling/Bailly RB: Coleman/Valencia

Begovic

The midfield is a real ball vacuum and is working great and the defense/goalkeeping is much improved but I really haven't figured out how the LF/RF works all that well yet. As a result all of my games recently have been 1-0 or 0-0 depending on if I can hit a long shot or score from a corner.....

I should have like 55k in the bank when I get home from a bunch of sales, any thoughts on what I should do with this?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

hopterque posted:

From the french EA facebook I guess:

Siggurdson is missing because he's probably gonna be the 24th player, ie, the tournament prize player, which would be very very nice.

So this is the first time I've seen a team of the year or whatever and I don't really know how this stuff is supposed to work but 1) how is Ibra top rated player in the Prem and 2) how is he better than Pele

edit - 2nd best player sorry, didn't see Hazard

bewbies fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 17, 2017

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I decided to remake my team in a Serie A flavor.

Right now I have Sandro 86 /Chiellini 88 / Koulibaly 88 / Alves 85, with Handanovic 87 as my GK/defense. I have about 430k to fill out the rest of my squad. I think I'm going to keep using the narrow 4-3-3 although I don't have to. Any suggestions who to buy with my remaining precious gold?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
So I have IF cards for all 3 of those guys, does that portend anything good/bad?

Also I think Lucas Torreira's 87 card is a good one especially for the price.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Are there any thoughts on 5-2-2-1? I played a few games with this setup and did fairly well.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=dRwS42nds2o:FFA17XBO

Also I spent like 100k on SBCs yesterday to get two tradeable TOTS cards, both were 87s, one from Korea, one from...somewhere I didn't even recognize. Stupid game.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think the 5-2-2-1 is basically the same as the 4-3-2-1 except that center mid gets moved back to center back. I thought it might work well since I seem to find myself attacking with my fullbacks a lot for some reason, but it seems like moving them to wingback has made them lose all interest in going forward at all.

Also I'm in division 5 right now and ran into a guy whose squad was basically the Serie A TOTS plus TOTS Aubameyang. He was really bad. I..can't even estimate how much money he would've spent on that squad.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think I've been playing pretty well or at least better with the 5-2-2-1.

Is Federico Fazio worth looking at as a one of the deep center backs in a 5 atb formation, or is he too slow to be of any use to anyone?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Can someone explain the chemistry/ratings math of using a winger at striker? In this case the Balde Diao SIF, in a team otherwise all Serie A.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yesterday I reached a new low: I lost a tournament game to a guy whose team was all in the 70s, several guys playing out of position, and all starting at about 70 fitness. sigh

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
tots criscito, wtf?

This is the same guy who was chased out of Italy with forks and torches right?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Am I dumb to even be considering a TOTS Portuguese league squad? I have around 700k to play with altogether.

good: killer fullbacks and wingers, decent midfield.
bad: no quick strikers (could also put noted giant Bas Dost in there), slow back line, poor CB depth
ugly: bas dost

bewbies fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 13, 2017

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Good idea on looking at Portuguese outside of NOS. Gonna give this a whirl:

Total cost is around 670k

Am I just being naive or are these guys fairly cheap?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
So I hadn't looked at FUT for a week or so, I come back and that Portugese TOTS squad is worth about twice what I paid for it. Cool

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Maradona is almost as good as Nainggolan or Higuain.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Holding breath to see how Zidane circa '98 compares with legends like de Bruyne or Isco.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Will this be the year that something other than "pace" becomes prohibitively the most important player trait? If not, looking forward to in-form Theo Walcott being much more useful than Zinedine Zidane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Can we assume all or most of those players will be better than Pele by next May

• Locked thread