Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
Anyone able to gift me the increased trading pile? My main account appears to have been reset so now I'm using my US account and I'm only level 13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
drat - Giuliano's OTW card exploded with him getting into TOTW this week. I wouldn't be surprised if EA really pump these cards into their TOTW (even when other players do better and should be in TOTW)

I picked up a bunch of Moratas for international week.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

eleven extra elephants posted:

Do they have international IFs? I can't remember

Given it's World Cup Qualifications/Internationals, I think they have to. Not sure what football they'll have available to have TOTW on

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

That's exactly what I banked on when I got him the other day. It only makes sense to give OTW cards lower bars to clear to get boosts otherwise it could get tedious. What I did not bank on was the card going way higher than it's price of 35k or else I would've bought a lot more (I thought it might've plateaued out at around 50k). I'm gonna hold onto my OTW card though because his standard card plays really well for me and I like Russian League squads. Also, I sold my Mane card so I want to have one OTW in my club.

Guessing one, two, or three certain locks each week isn't that hard. Obviously EA throws a few curveballs sometimes but if you think about how they do things you can get a lot right and go after the players that aren't being cornered. I made a bunch on Balotelli last week. His price wasn't rising because people were paying attention to other picks (mostly in the EPL) meanwhile forgetting that Balotellis scoring streak was a big story and his IF would generate interest. Players have to do something to get put in the totw but as long as they do that something EA will always find a few slots for big name/high rated players. If it truly was a merit thing there would be so many more garbage players from bad leagues who scored hattricks in there instead of Diego Costa scoring one goal like this totw.

Exactly.

I think EA's approach this year will be to prevent prices from crashing as hard and quick as they have in the past. The combination of OTW and SBCs are inflating the price of cards that would otherwise be simple discard. The longer they can keep prices high, the more incentive people see to buying packs and spending fifa points.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Managed to qualify for the weekend league on my last attempt today. I thought it would be easier since all the good people qualified. Instead I faced stacked teams consisting of bales, agueros, etc. (one team had ronny).

Also every team i faced was a 433(4) pace team. Also, what's with the bs of certain qualifiers for the weekend league on certain days? I couldnt use my Series A team and just had to use BPL.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Don't see me doing weekend league again for some time. You need to pretty much give up your weekend for it. Got to 18 wins and stopped playing. Even if you have the time, I got burnt out playing that many games in a row.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

I started saving Bundesliga players awhile back since I was thinking about doing all the squads. It took about an hour and I did it on sunday while making a few phone calls/listening to a podcast. You don't have to be paying much attention. I have my Dortmund and Bayern teams at an 80 minimum since those are the most likely to have a high rating requirement. The other squads I just got tons of non rare golds and silvers. Man City had an 80 requirement for the sterling one and Benfica has a 78 for the liga nos one iirc.

It was probably closer to 90k all told but I made a lot of coins back because I just blanket bid on all the players in my targeted teams and ended up selling all the duplicates for profit. People don't put reasonable bins on a lot of card so there are plenty of cards you can bid on for ~300 and sell for 600+. I wouldn't do that normally because it's boring but I got lucky a lot doing the squads.

The upside is I have some cool Bundesliga players to use now. Coman and Xabi Alonso are very good. Modeste is also extremely underrated.

I started doing this the other night with Superlig. What's your general tactic? are you buying multiple players in same position or just getting one of each? I've been using a 442 setup mostly so getting 2 ST, 2 Central mids, LM, RM, RB, LB, 2 CBs and goalie

Also a couple guesses on some marquee matches SBCs - cork vs. Dundalk (1 vs 2) - was posted by someone earlier so prices went mental and people panicked when it didn't come out today. Still think it's a possibility for tomorrow - can probably get players on the cheap now
- malmo vs norrkoping (1 v 2) in Swedish league.

I bid mass min bids on the second one above - figure if it doesn't then I can sell off for not much of a loss

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 10, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

DoctaFun posted:

Holy crap are the bids just crazy right now. I put together a few squads for the 'chemistry is key' challenge and it seems like odd-nationed gold player from a decent league is going for 1500 coins. It's crazy. I tried like three different La Liga teams and two different EPL squads but got priced out so fast I had to stop. Would cost like 10k coins just to complete the squad.

Yeah you pretty much have to act fast to avoid getting price gouged. From doing superlig I just used my gala team which had more than enough different nations in it

Did the sterling SBC today - was worth it for me since I already had an untradable otamendi. Ended up getting OTW Stones, yaya and cazorla from the packs plus sterling which made it more than worth it. Not sure pack weights are better through SBC than general packs but have been covering my costs with doing the SBCs and all of them have been worth it coin wise

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 10, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

DoctaFun posted:

How much do you think you spent to finish that whole challenge?

I would love that Sterling card, he's one of my favorite players.

Edit: Pulled Renato Sanchez in a pack today, was pretty happy to see that he goes for about 40k :).

Depends on if you have any city players. When I had otamendi, i think i must have spent an additional 40-50k for the rest of the city players. I had loads of english players + BPL players for the other two challenges so all together probably spent around 60-70k?

Sold OTW Stones for 55k, Yaya for 67k and Caz for 32k. In the end I was up about 90k + Sterling

This is probably your cheapest bet for City team:

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

DoctaFun posted:

Does anyone know how team ratings are calculated? Do they round up? I'm trying to do one of the SBCs and if I average my player ratings for my 11 dudes its at 82.9. Will that round up to 83? Or does it always round down?

Not sure but if you go to futhead you can test it out in their SBC section

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
I need to stop blowing so many coins on what I think will be SBCs. I've got a full team of Napoli, Roma, Liverpool, Manu, malmo and norr, south korea, tottenham, plus loaded up on Juve, Series A, Italian and Argentinian players in case either Son, Higuain, or Buffon get an SBC.

I got no room on my trade pile (100) or my trade targets (can open bid and keep up to 50 in here).

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
I ended up losing 3 finals and didnt qualify for this weekend. I'm kind of thinking it's a blessing in disguise.

Also at least last week it was interesting qualifying because the game was new. Now it seems every player I face is using counter attack and their defensive line is basically parking the bus. I need to get better at breaking down the back line (probably need to learn some skill moves to work some space in between)

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

I don't even know how to make my guys all stay back like some people's seem to

Is it counter attack/park the bus that does it?

Whenever I just put it on park the bus, even if I want to legit just protect a 1 goal lead with 3 minutes left, I feel like my team doesn't collapse back like other people's teams do.

Sometimes I see poo poo where like their literal entire team collapses back whereas for me it's just my defensive line and even then they don't really go THAT far back.

Yeah if you use counter attack it drops your back line really deep

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Man I thought I had learned how to score at some point but I'm back to being garbage at it, averaging 1.8 per match which is exactly what I had last year

It's weird how I just go through stretches of games where I'm like "man how did I ever score any goals besides crosses or corners"

I'm mostly trying to play like a tiki taka style of short passing play where I try to get someone like completely through on goal at the end, I wonder if I'm shooting myself in the foot playing a wide formation?

It does seem like most of the time when I get to the opponent's box my LM and RM are just kinda not involved in the play at all

I set my RM/LM when I play a 41212 to cut inside. I also instruct them to come short instead of get in behind to get them involved in the play more. When I was using a 433 variant, I'd use get in behind and play down the wings more.

If you're focusing on Tiki Taka play, I find you need to have a more packed midfield formation.

Try the 41212(2) formation. It's not as wide and I still stick my SBC Sterling in right CM role.

EDIT: Today I learned something that I should have realised years ago. If you don't use fitness cards and rotate your bench, I've always been manually rotating players between my bench and my starting 11. Instead just make another squad with all the same players (starting 11 and your bench) and just make it the inverse of your other squad (so if one team is on the bench, make them the starting 11 in the other squad). Now all you need to do after each game is switch squads instead of manually moving players.

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 14, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Managed to snag SBC Son. Already had a full Korean team lined up plus loads of Premier league players. Was lucky to see you needed a TOTW player so picked up Mitro for 12k before the prices jumped up.

All in I probably spent less than 20k so it was worth it.

I do love the fact that people loaded up on so many Spurs players and got hosed when you only needed one to complete the SBC.

Edit: had a bit of a panic and wasn't thinking - bought the cheapest IF i could find (6k) and then realised how hard it would be to build a team around him. Flipped it for 12k.

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 14, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

I never start anyone under 85 fitness and I have injuries all the time, I think they are at least twice as common as last year

I'm pretty OCD about it and never play a team twice. Rotate every game to ensure 99 fitness

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Its easy to just make two squads that are the inverse of each other and then switch squads after each match. Takes no time at all.

With regards to the SBCs - the marquee matches are becoming ridiculous now in terms of how quick people jump on and prices sky rocket. Ajax/PSG/OM/Fey players are all ready overpriced (I wouldnt spend more than discard prices on players for the risk of it not being in a marquee matchup). Also you will only need 2 or 3 players from each team with the remainder of the players coming from the same league.

I've been making good coin looking two weeks in advance and loading up on players for cheap (approx. 300 coin 75 rated golds) from those teams.

For instance, the following weekend Villa play Birmingham City which is the second city derby. I've loaded up on Westwoods at 300-400 coin each as well as picked up a full team of each to store in my club. All next week people will be posting their SBC ideas all over reddit/ea forums and will drive up the price. Worst case is it's not an SBC and you lose next to nothing given you're buying at discard prices.

If you're not convinced, look at the Austria Wien - Rapid Wien players for example. This hasn't been confirmed as an SBC and silvers are going for over 1k now because of the attention it's getting.

EDIT:
Ended up loading up on loads of Micah Richards. Westwood is now selling around 400 coins which will cost you more if the team isnt in the SBC the following week. You can get Richards for 650 coins with discard value of 616. So even if you picked up 150 of them, most you'd lose is 5k.

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 18, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Oh I never said it was hard and I did it, I just mean it's OCD to switch back and forth every match. Even at like 85-90, dudes are still fine

Yeah I never let them drop below 90. What i don't get is when you see players on the transfer market will like 10 fitness.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

DoctaFun posted:

Anyone up for a little experiment?

Next weekend(10/29) is the 'Moscow Derby' between Spartak Moscow and CSKA Moscow. It's one of the bigger rivalries in the league(according to my quick googling). I don't think there's been any Russian League marquees either.

I'm loading up on some cheaper golds and any cheap rare silvers(Milanov) that I can get my hands on.

I'm thinking about posting on the Fifa forums about it now(since this coming weekend's marquee match-ups are already gouged). Then wait to see if prices rise on those cheaper golds and hopefully cash out early and a.) restock if others are reasonably confident in the matchup, or b.) get out while the getting is good.

Anyone interested? I've got a decent collection of Mauricio's/Bocchetti's(all other CBs are 1K+) and Ze Luis(cheapest gold striker) . Not a ton of discard golds on either team.

Only thing I'd consider is the fact that some people think there will be a russian marquee this weekend so you may find some russian prices inflated. I may hold on this until saturday's get announced and people who did think it was going to be a russian matchup will dump their players.

Also if anyone else wants an easy way to make money and has the cash - OTW Trading is so easy. Basically been using Morata and Mane. Buy them when they're the cheapest on tues/wed and just sell them before their matches on the weekend.

For instance, OTW Mane plays west brom on Saturday. His price is around 130k right now. If you look at the price history, it shot up to 155k before the Man U game. Just sell him before the match and take the profit. If he doesn't score, then you got another opportunity to make money off him and buying him cheap again the week later.

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Oct 19, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

So what's the deal? Prices on RPL players are going to go up because there will likely be an RPL themed SBC?

Pretty much. And people are irrational and willing to spend 2-3k coins for one silver player to complete their SBC and get a silver pack out of it.

I wish I could short this market as well. Someone clearly bought a bunch of OTW Gaitan and doctored a "leaked" TOTW image with him in it and prices jumped 50%. I can see him not being in the TOTW and dropping down half in value.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

So yeah some guy on reddit repeated most of the experiments that people came up with during Chemgate and found that the stat distribution advertised by EA is wrong, I didn't actually read it in depth but I think the stat boosts are still large and in some cases even larger - https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/58ffrp/finally_figured_out_chem_boosts_down_to_a_science/

Given these two sections

"I tested out brAzilian striker Adriano with 70 dribbling + 15with sniper chem. And he was able to get to 86 dribbling and do the step over. Once I removed the 10 ind chem. Even tho he still had the 3 chevrons in dribbling. He was no longer able to do it. Also tested maestro which gives +10. Guys with 75 dribbling and 10 chem could do the step over. Guys on 9 chem could not.
Guys with 81 dribbling with maestro and on 7 chem could also do it. Because full chem maestro boost 10 dribbling but 7 chem boost only one of 2 chevrons to dribbling giving you +5 in game dribbling.
I also tested several players with 85 dribbling and Chems that didn't boost dribble. And when on 10 chem they could do the step over. Off of 10 chem they could not."

AND

I can also attest to the fact that players with about 77 pace with Hunter chem so seem much faster. At least in comparison to LBs with 87-88 pace. I've seen my draxler with Hunter chem pull away from a few LB/RBs. But I also agree that sometimes guys don't feel like they're getting that plus 10 boost. Like my Griezmann doesn't feel like he has 97 pace with a Hunter card. So Its tricky with pace.

Makes me think it is a case of diminishing returns. It seems like raising a stat from 77 to 85 has a more noticeable effect compared to raising a stat from 85 to 97.

I never really used chem cards but I'm going to test out raising my players important stats and see if it has an impact.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

DoctaFun posted:

I have a bunch of non rare gold cards stocked up for some hopeful marquees, I think if you're confident in the marquee matchup then the cheap golds are always going to pay off.

The only reason I'm trying this thing with Milanov is that there are just so few silver/bronze cards on the market compared to gold. I think so many people just look online for a solution to the SBCs they don't even realize there are hundreds of solutions possible. Or are just lazy. Or they think, 'use silvers they are cheaper' without really checking. Whatever the reason, there are so few of his cards on the market that it could be possible to make a killing. I have a ton of golds that will probably sell for 2-4x their normal value, which is great. But there were people who bought up all the rare bronze/silver korean rare cards and sold them for like 9k more than they paid. Going for the homerun with little risk(as most of his cards will sell for 400-500 without any SBC considerations).

As long as you don't overspend on them then it's really pretty low risk, so being 'burned' probably means losing a few k overall(obviously there's opportunity cost with all of this as well, but that goes for any type of trading strategy). Unlike investing in a dozen IFs hoping they rise only to have them fall by 5k each or something.

I have a bunch of dudes bought up for the Tigres/Monterrey game next weekend and if it doesn't get featured I'll lose like 20-30 coins per card because I got them open bid for minimum price. It will take a bit to sell all of them most likely, but

I picked up a bunch of silvers for the Russian and championship matchup. Think your right in most of those going for more money compared to golds but the bulk of my trade pile is golds I've bought for cost. Obviously these won't go up as much but if I can make 2 to 3 times their cost I'll be happy.

Also hoping mane bangs in a couple goals on Saturday vs West Brom

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
drat I should have bought more Birmingham City players. Can't get any for less than 1.5k. I'm tempted to just sell them all off before the weekend (given EA's attempt to stop price fixing - wouldnt be surprised if they prevented this one as they made a gold only requirement in the previous ones).

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Big glitch right now apparently where you can just get free wins, so if you see people immediately disconnect on you on PS4 this is what's happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pRqtntB4ME
Looks like the video has been taken down

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Man I just can't get past division 3 this year yet.

I'm averaging conceding 1.25 goals a game which is okay I guess but I'm scoring 1.5 a game :negative:

My record's down to like 78-60-66. Sooo many 1-1 and 0-0 draws.

I can't even like figure out what to do from my opponents because I feel like the only things I concede are like either I made some huge dumb mistake on defense, or a long shot, or a header. Nobody's doing any real good passing/dribbling goals for me to emulate, but I know they're possible because the usual twitch suspects are still doing fine. I'm just poo poo!

I'm stuck in div 5 with a similar win/loss ratio. Keep getting the worst lag (going to check if it's something local because of my modem/internet). The one thing that's resulted in so many goals conceded is a through ball going nowhere and the other team countering. Can't count the number of times i had someone on the break and through balled it only for it to be the most limp pass ever and go 2 feet in front of the passer.

Since the patch the lag/input lag has been brutal. As much as of a sweat fest weekend league was the first weekend, I had a blast because it was lag free. Didn't mind getting beat by people who were clearly better than me.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

I just find there's sooo many times where my guys take an extra touch I don't want, or like where the lag hits at just the right time where say I was passing left then holding right so my dude runs to the ball, if a lag increase hits right then then you're just passing the ball softly back for no reason and causing a really dangerous turnover

I find the worst is when I'm on tilt from a crappy conceded goal and because of the button lag I'm pressing buttons before I get the ball and cant cancel it like in previous versions of fifa so i end up booting it down field.

Sold my spare Mane for 225k today with him in TOTW. Ended up buying one back with Hunter on it for 195k. With his increase in stats, thinking of putting a sweaty team together with Martial + Mane up front (both on Chem 7) in a 41212

Edit: Found my Musa Replacement: http://imgur.com/a/aDqqr

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 26, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Part of me feels bad for people paying that much but I'm so glad I nailed that Birmingham v. Villa MM. bought about 50 players 2 weeks ago. Already up 150k

https://m.imgur.com/BArJ7At

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

I'm 6-2 right now. Going to hit 8 then stop. Busy again. 8 will get me silver for the month. I wish I had more time to play this because my record has been pretty good. Haloween Akinfenwa is a lot of fun. He does somehow feel noticeably stronger than players like Modeste. He has a weird trait that I haven't seen on many strikers which is "backs into player". It's actually really cool he often stops his runs to back down a player to receive a ball which can be good or bad. It means less options to pick out a through ball but he allows an outlet to pass around the box that a lot of strikers don't and his shield the ball doesn't get broken with his strength and balance. Also for some reason he wins like 90% of headers from kick off despite being 5'10. I think the backs into player has something to do with it. It'll be a bummer when the boosts go because with the 80 pace he's crazy. Not better than IF Modeste or anything but he provides a really fun and different way of playing.

Halloween Sneijder is the best CAM/CF I've used however. Best shooting I've used yet, 5* weakfoot, and he now has 80 strength which was always one of his big weaknesses. I have him in a false 9 and he's doing awesome with super average players around him. Both cards are up from when they bought them so I hope I don't lose coins despite there being a risk. Even if I lose 10-30k or whatever it's worth it to try out these cards imo.

Did no one else pick any up?

He's the reason why I stocked up on a full catalog of superlig players from each team. Just waiting for them to do a SBC league for Sneijder.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Positive changes all in all.

Love the extension - Now if I qualify I can blast through a few games Friday after work and still have somewhat of a social life on the weekend.

Instead of MM investing, I've bought 6 OTW Dembele's for this upcoming weekend for avg. 84k each. Dortmund play Hamburger SV. They're bottom of the table with 7 losses from 9 and no wins. Figure the hype before the weekend will generate some buzz and I can offload a couple of them around 100k and keep the other 4 in case he scores one.

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Nov 2, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Johnny Lawrence posted:

I don't understand the game this year, everyone is playing this "park the bus nonsense", it's boring. So if you want to win some games, you have to also use this OP tactic, who makes the matches an absolutely crapfest, if you insist to play with a little bit of ambition, you have like 60/40 possession, 12 shots against 2, and you lose by two goals.

EA needs to change something, at least the stamina of players who use this "park the bus/contain" should be very low in the end of the matches.

Reason why I usually play 4231(2). I prevent the counter with both CDMs man-marking and make sure I have fast full backs to prevent them countering down the wings. Then it's just short passes and finding gaps in their defense.

Johnny Lawrence posted:

Arghhhh, and why this year is - on the PS4 - the changing players by the right stick totally absurd, it don't change the player that i want. Is someone experiencing the same nightmare as me or, is everything fine with this world/butterfly/beautiful game.

I experience the same. Just got to get in the habit of moving your right stick multiple times really fast to getting it to the right defender. The biggest issue I had with this was on the counter where i had one of my wingers selected trying to stop their rush and always had a nightmare changing to a midfielder when they passed by my winger. Now I don't even bother selecting the winger. Just automatically select my midfielder and use slight contain with my winger to prevent them rushing down the side.

Has anyone lost sensitivity on their Dualshock controller? I was on mad tilt last night when sterling wasn't running straight down the wing and was almost running off the pitch. Turns out the drat right stick is no longer calibrated and results in my players running slightly diagonal when I was moving straight.

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 2, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Anyone do any fancy settings on their PS4/Router/modem? Starting to wonder if the random lag is on my side

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Going to try Modeste in the weekend league this week. Thinking of rolling with this team.

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/2070837/

Have they announced what enhancements/changes we'll see with the ps4pro and fifa?

Honestly, even if it only fixes the laggy mess of the menus I'd be happy.

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 8, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
I love when this happens

http://imgur.com/svl0yVD

Same guy was selling for 400 coins. Poor guy acted too hastily.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
How does he make that speed knock on move when he's not sprinting? Look at around 11:39. It's like a short burst of pace with the ball but can quickly control the ball right after

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

He's using Aguero so I think since Aguero has such good dribbling and acceleration he just let go of everything and let Aguero get settled on the ball then hit sprint again and got a good initial boost

I don't think he hit anything in particular

If you mean how he turned around so fast I thiiiink he did a really fast body feint to the right then turned around but I can't quite tell, it happens so fast

The one thing I'd take from it and don't take this as criticism since I would have played terrible against someone like him - you were passing to quickly/hastily at times. The one thing he does well is when there's space, he dribbles with the player into open space before giving off a pass when getting closed down.

I know I do the same thing will passing (mostly due to nerves and not wanting to get tackled) but I'm trying to resist the urge to pass when I still got time and space with the player who has the ball.

Still though, you did well for playing someone like him who rarely loses.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

DoctaFun posted:

that guy would beat me like 15-0.

Whenever I play better players they just seem to pressure me defensively so much more effectively, which I don't completely understand. They are obviously better at intercepting the ball and clogging passing lanes, but it seems like I have less time with the ball overall as well.

Based what I've seen in some of the pro's videos, they use the computer player to contain you while cutting passing lanes with the controlled player.

If they would nerf the AI and force people to manual tackle, it would make the game so much better.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

I sold most of my expensive stuff and players I don't use for Black Friday. I'm holding onto all my bundesliga cards and all my EPL cards though (EPL is used in like every other squad builder so that pays to wait). Hoarding all the cards you don't use for SBCs is ok but I just get tired of waiting and stuff clogging up my club. Most SBCs have been adjusted to be easier/less predictable recently and have been cheap to do so waiting to use cards seems extra pointless now. I have 5 movember cards just sitting though. Two golds at discard, Fletcher for my scottish team at 10k and I packed one bronze one and bought another bronze one for 2.5k BIN. They haven't done any boosts to the cards or required them for anything yet, but I honestly can't see them not becoming more important. My guess is they let the cards out there for awhile without anything going on so they're affordable before they announce anything as to avoid a scenario like halloween where the cards were all 80k for most of the event. The one dicey investment I might make is picking up a OTW Dembele card. It's steadily dropped to about 60k. He's having an ok season nothing spectacular but his card would be great if he got an IF.

Yeah I'm on that slippery slope. I'm still bag holding 5 OTW Dembele (If he only played the entire match, Im certain he would have scored another for an IF that week). Rather than sell them, I'm doing what I do with all investments. Doubling Down and buying more OTW Dembele's on the cheap. I'll probably pick up another 2-3 so my overall avg. cost drops.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Only got tonight to qualify so lets hope I can in the 6 or so attempts I get.

Going to try with this french team (dumped the goalie in since I needed 3 liga players)

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/2133969/

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
End up qualifying on my 3rd attempt. My first two both went down to the final. 2nd attempt pissed me off so bad. He got a 90th minute cheese goal to push ET and I lost in a shootout.

One thing I noticed was how much lag I had around 8-9pm compared when I played around midnight. I did Speedtest and my ping and DL speeds were fine at both times but for some reason I had no lag in the games on my last attempt. Not sure if it's Fifa side of things or if my ISP is just poo poo during peak hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Played weekend league again and got to gold 3. Still have 5 games but can't be arsed to play them. I'd rather we had 25 games than 40 like PC.

Also the lag was brutal in Weekend league despite me being located in the UK. The worst part is the inability to dribble (LB+ RB) so it just becomes a passing game and hope I get a break. I tried playing seasons after and it was so much easier. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with me having a US copy of the game or If weekend league is like regular FUT matches and based on local players.

Edit: Had some free time tonight so played it out and won 3 in 4 to get gold 2. I refreshed my modem/router from factory settings and turned off UPnP which seemed to have fixed the lag in weekend champion matches. That or the servers aren't as bad now with most people finishing up.

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 14, 2016

• Locked thread