Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

The Journey is pretty fun. It's like 2k's MyCareer but you don't get to play dress-up with Alex Hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

DoctaFun posted:

I picked this up two days ago and I'm having a lot of trouble adjusting from '16. A few things I've noticed so far.

-Seems like there is a lot of input lag for me. Trying to do one-touch passes is frustrating as I have to hit 'x' waaayyy before the ball gets to my player. Same thing goes for headers(especially in the box).

-Physicality is definitely re-worked, but almost too much. Defenders are literally brick walls if you run into them without the ball, your player doesn't really bounce off or make an effort to get past them, they just come to a complete stop and are useless for a few seconds afterwards.

-Everything just feels kind of....slow. Also, the default view of the pitch seems like it's further away than before or something, I don't think it looks as good as 2016 to be honest.

-Still getting used to through balls as you actually have to power them up a bit now. I think this is probably a good thing in the long run though, if it means every through ball in the final third isn't just launched straight to the opposing goalie I'll be happy.

-As with every Fifa, I can see what my opponent is going to do about 2-3 passes ahead of time but there's nothing I can do about it. Trying to switch players will normally select the wrong one, or the computer controlled defenders will just be running the wrong way or something.

-I like the squad builder challenges.

-There seems to be a lot more player animations in the box now. I've had multiple sequences in the few games I've played where the ball just bounces around chaotically in the box, my goalie rolls/dives around and in general it's pretty amusing.

I'm absolutely dreadful at this so far though, I usually have a big lead in possession but just can't actually put many good chances together.

I'm totally with you on the weird feeling of input lag or something, but only in one regard: 50-50s in the air. If my guy is ball-side and I just want him to flick it on with his head, in every previous version you can sorta "pre-load" a pass, or hold it as the ball is coming to you. I think they maybe got rid of that? 9 times out of 10 my player will take it on the chest before trying to flick, which throws off the timing

What I really do like is that teams' playstyles genuinely seem very different now. It was easy to carve open Man City since I've got players who are good against a high press game, but goddamn it was hard to break down a team getting a lead and parking the bus. Frustrating as hell in the same way it is to watch IRL

• Locked thread