Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

canpakes posted:

I don't have 2 grand lying around to spend on razors that will rust to hell and back by the time I get to them
OP.

Buy a safety razor, stop wasting money on those cartridges. Buy 100 razor blades for $5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

canpakes posted:

A hundred drat razors?

Not the 6-blade cartridges that cost $20 for 3.

A pack of regular razor blades. 100 for $5-10 easy. One time purchase of the safety razor for them to go in, $30 maybe.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

canpakes posted:

Like what just Blades for a drat shingle knife or what. I'm talking about shaving razor blades here

Assuming you're a boy, buy this: https://www.amazon.com/Merkur-Long-Handled-Safety-Razor/dp/B000NL0T1G

and buy this: https://www.amazon.com/Personna-Double-Razor-Blades-Count/dp/B0077LAJT2?th=1

$30ish plus shipping gets you months of shaving, even if you toss the blade after every single use. Then you just buy more razors.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

canpakes posted:

Oh what in the gently caress I suppose you want me to buy a steampunk pocket watch as well?

Uh obviously? How else are you going to be able to demonstrate value to the HB9/10s at the scene?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

BLARGHLE posted:

My fat brother is all about the safety razor thing, and his fat results do not inspire confidence. He started shaving his head, and he basically became a potato covered in ingrown hairs.

Not a ringing endorsement, if I have ever seen one.

My normal barber does the best high and tight I have managed to find anywhere, but he can't straight shave to save his life. I got a few straight shaves at various BX barbers at various Air Force bases, and it was always the same thing. Cuts, ingrown hairs, and disappointment.

No razor is going to eliminate ingrown hairs. If your barber is cutting you with the razor then they are bad at it.

My boyfriend had a straight razor and he was pretty good with it. He rarely used it because it takes 3x longer but he didn't get a bunch of ingrown hairs on his face or anything when he did.

That was really his only complaint; just not really worth the time it takes (stropping the razor and all that too) 95% of the time relative to just using a safety razor.

• Locked thread