Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Maybe you should read the thread? Or show me whatever thread your reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

CharlestheHammer posted:

Maybe you should read the thread? Or show me whatever thread your reading.

Maybe you should stop throwing a tanty that people have different opinions than you

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I am not the one Charlesthehammer was bitching about, duder. I also didn't say this episode was "the worst," I quite liked Holt's speech to Terry. Calm the gently caress down.

What I would have liked them to do differently was choose a topic appropriate to the tone and world of the show, or at the very least write the scenes with Terry's kids better, because they were hamhanded and boring.

I wasn't even talking about charles, I'm an independent person with thoughts and feelings. People aren't all ganging up on you just because we both have some disagreements with some of what other posters have to say. I think it's ironic you're telling people to calm down in a very uncalm manner, as a wise wint once said "and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad."

Then you insist that you don't think the episode is the worst and say, "to improve the episode they could have just not made it, it not existing would be an improvement". Like honestly, I hate people shutting down actual conversation in TVIV, but the only one doing that here is you when you just fly off the handle and start calling everyone an idiot for asking you to expand on your thoughts. All you're doing here is "this is absolute bad, nothing could be done to improve, please everyone stop talking about it, thanks in advance".

I think you do have good opinions a lot of the time, but you're just completely refusing to engage in conversation, instead you're playing the victim and doubling down on "it's bad because I said so", instead of actually talking to us. Take a breath and try not being so hostile, because I, for one, actually want to hear what you have to say, as long as you can explain your thoughts when asked or at least not resort to a slap fight the second someone disagrees with you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Megaspel posted:

I wasn't even talking about charles, I'm an independent person with thoughts and feelings. People aren't all ganging up on you just because we both have some disagreements with some of what other posters have to say. I think it's ironic you're telling people to calm down in a very uncalm manner, as a wise wint once said "and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad."

Then you insist that you don't think the episode is the worst and say, "to improve the episode they could have just not made it, it not existing would be an improvement". Like honestly, I hate people shutting down actual conversation in TVIV, but the only one doing that here is you when you just fly off the handle and start calling everyone an idiot for asking you to expand on your thoughts. All you're doing here is "this is absolute bad, nothing could be done to improve, please everyone stop talking about it, thanks in advance".

I think you do have good opinions a lot of the time, but you're just completely refusing to engage in conversation, instead you're playing the victim and doubling down on "it's bad because I said so", instead of actually talking to us. Take a breath and try not being so hostile, because I, for one, actually want to hear what you have to say, as long as you can explain your thoughts when asked or at least not resort to a slap fight the second someone disagrees with you.

Hoooooly poo poo dude, take a deep breath. If I'm "hostile" it's because I stepped in to defend somebody from a gooning and got ganged up on for my efforts. I've written a lot about what I liked and didn't like about the episode. I do think it's a topic they shouldn't have tried to address, and thinking so doesn't mean I'm slapping sweaty hands on the keyboard going WORST. EPISODE. EVER. because I'm a regular person and not a caricature that lives in your fevered mind. You seem to feel very attacked that I didn't think the episode was handled well, but unless I'm greatly mistaken I don't think you worked on it, so maybe you should take a step back and try to calm down a little.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

Hoooooly poo poo dude, take a deep breath. If I'm "hostile" it's because I stepped in to defend somebody from a gooning and got ganged up on for my efforts. I've written a lot about what I liked and didn't like about the episode. I do think it's a topic they shouldn't have tried to address, and thinking so doesn't mean I'm slapping sweaty hands on the keyboard going WORST. EPISODE. EVER. because I'm a regular person and not a caricature that lives in your fevered mind. You seem to feel very attacked that I didn't think the episode was handled well, but unless I'm greatly mistaken I don't think you worked on it, so maybe you should take a step back and try to calm down a little.

Geez man, I only ever see you over reacting to stuff, and you always get super defensive like this. It's a shame because I can't convince you that I actually value your opinions, and honestly it makes me a bit upset that I can't read them without you going off the handle. You're a good person but gosh diddly darn do you overreact in very unproductive ways. You're not getting "ganged up" on. Two people disagreeing with your points and asking you to explain them further is not "ganging up", it's not a dog pile. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm literally just asking you to explain your thoughts in more detail so we can stay on topic instead of resorting to a slap fight with you just responding to every post with "actually, you are the one who is mad".

I'm not being disingenuous when I say I want to hear your opinions, but I definitely think your faux offence is getting tiring and nobody wants to read it.

Would you like to talk about the episode in further detail or would you like to unleash more of your aggression on me? If you want to do the latter, it's probably best to take it to PMs.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Lol no thanks. Have enough screeching assholes berating me in my life, thanks.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Megaspel posted:

What would you have them do differently? I mean if they resolved it fully and the police dude got fired or whatever, that would be super messed up and send the wrong message, unless there's a different way to resolve you're thinking of? It definitely was rough at balancing real and serious topics with the standard light hearted situational comedy.

Honestly? Don't do it at all. They're trying to somehow channel a zeitgeist while also keeping their show the exact same as before - full of hilarious jokes and puns and useless idiot cops who fun/luck their way into success or non-critical failure.

It's too serious for their world for them to do effectively. This past episode had corrupt Buffalo cops arrested off screen to facilitate a group party. JakenAmy's explanation about how it's scary to be black but it's okay don't worry about it is just fuckin' insulting. I'd've dropped the whole arc of JakenAmy or had Amy be a lot more adult and intelligent with regards to speaking on this subject matter to the girls, it added nothing to this particular episode as it was.

Everything Terry went through on his episode arc touched all the right notes - his fear for his daughters in the future, the inequity between cops and notcops, the statistics of being black as a rational for systemic racism, Jake's flashback of non-black privilege, the potential repercussions for breaking the blue shield, et cetera. Some of it's done with humor and some of it's done quite seriously, and it's good. It's a huge shame, and a letdown for the subject matter, because they do absolutely nothing with it.

It's just an utterly toothless episode for the topic given that it doesn't/won't have any lasting impact on the characters. The big conflict is whether or not Holt helps Terry file the official complaint? Nobody else in the precinct does more than give banal platitudes over what happened. The ending is that terry's complaint might have prevented him from getting a promotion, but Holt and Terry're fine with that because an abusive cop has an invisible checkmark on his record now? And a bully'll somehow "think twice" before bullying someone else?

If their goal at B99 was to raise the issue, then it's no longer an issue because it's totally resolved and everything's great again. So that's a failure for them. It glosses over the whole thing while pretending to address it and even resolve it in some manner.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Drifter posted:

Honestly? Don't do it at all. They're trying to somehow channel a zeitgeist while also keeping their show the exact same as before - full of hilarious jokes and puns and useless idiot cops who fun/luck their way into success or non-critical failure.

It's too serious for their world for them to do effectively. This past episode had corrupt Buffalo cops arrested off screen to facilitate a group party. JakenAmy's explanation about how it's scary to be black but it's okay don't worry about it is just fuckin' insulting. I'd've dropped the whole arc of JakenAmy or had Amy be a lot more adult and intelligent with regards to speaking on this subject matter to the girls, it added nothing to this particular episode as it was.

Everything Terry went through on his episode arc touched all the right notes - his fear for his daughters in the future, the inequity between cops and notcops, the statistics of being black as a rational for systemic racism, Jake's flashback of non-black privilege, the potential repercussions for breaking the blue shield, et cetera. Some of it's done with humor and some of it's done quite seriously, and it's good. It's a huge shame, and a letdown for the subject matter, because they do absolutely nothing with it.

It's just an utterly toothless episode for the topic given that it doesn't/won't have any lasting impact on the characters. The big conflict is whether or not Holt helps Terry file the official complaint? Nobody else in the precinct does more than give banal platitudes over what happened. The ending is that terry's complaint might have prevented him from getting a promotion, but Holt and Terry're fine with that because an abusive cop has an invisible checkmark on his record now? And a bully'll somehow "think twice" before bullying someone else?

If their goal at B99 was to raise the issue, then it's no longer an issue because it's totally resolved and everything's great again. So that's a failure for them. It glosses over the whole thing while pretending to address it and even resolve it in some manner.

Yeah I definitely agree with this. I'm not sure if it would be better to not do it at all, because I think there's a chance it might plant the seed into someone's head of this type of systematic racism exists, who otherwise might not have known anything whatsoever about it, but I definitely agree with all your criticisms. Then again, maybe you are completely right and the format of the show absolutely does not lend itself to this specific story, and maybe actually it pushes more bad ideas better than it does good ones. I might have to rewatch it, as a white person it's easy for me to forgive harmful errors or missteps that I might not if I was more affected by racism; sometimes it's easy for me to defend something that's more harmful than good just because I think it's "trying".

My hypothesis is that it was shoehorned in as an episode because Terry Crews specifically said he wanted to do this episode based on his own experiences, unless I'm misremembering that article someone posted a while back, and the writers either let Terry have too much control, not enough, or didn't work with him well enough to deal with it better.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Megaspel posted:

What would you have them do differently? I mean if they resolved it fully and the police dude got fired or whatever, that would be super messed up and send the wrong message, unless there's a different way to resolve you're thinking of? It definitely was rough at balancing real and serious topics with the standard light hearted situational comedy.

Sorry to double post/quote, but why would that be sending the wrong message? At worst it would be somewhat hypocritical given the 99's regular actions and activities to suspects over the length of he show, but why would firing an abusive and racist cop (maybe make it his second formal complaint or whatever, show a pattern of abuse) be a bad message to send to viewers?

What's the right message?

Drifter fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 10, 2017

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Drifter posted:

Sorry to double post/quote, but why would that be sending the wrong message? At worst it would be somewhat hypocritical given the 99's regular actions and activities to suspects over the length of he show, but why would firing an abusive and racist cop be a bad message to send to viewers?

What's the right message?

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that the cop shouldn't have gotten fired, definitely should have obviously, I just mean that the wrong message would be them putting in the complaint, the officer getting fired, then saying "oh racism is resolved now, thank god we got that one out the way", because it would be saying that racism isn't a real problem, it's just a bureaucratic error that can be fixed by the people at the top; which is why I liked how it wasn't neatly wrapped up and completely resolved at the end, showing this is a large and on-going problem that can't just be solved with 20 minutes of hijinks. Hopefully that makes sense, I haven't eaten since breakfast which probably isn't helping me word good.

It would probably fit in more with the general vibe of the show if they completely and neatly resolved it like any other conflict, but that seems to be the main problem, like you were saying.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 10, 2017

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

"The train departs in 45 minutes."

I didn't realize there were two new ones last night.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
My impression came from all the dialogue seeming very preachy, and delivered in extremely earnest tones. Now, B99 has never had the most natural dialogue but that episode felt out of character for the most part and like a high school discussion paper.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
The point is, the cop was cooler in Justified

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMbnI98Q1sg

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The point is that Jastiger liked all episodes and that the episode in question was good. Case closed. Moving on.

Why did they have a double episode last night?

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Jastiger posted:

The point is that Jastiger liked all episodes and that the episode in question was good. Case closed. Moving on.

Why did they have a double episode last night?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lol no thanks. Have enough screeching assholes berating me in my life, thanks.

Lol you have some serious issues if asking you what your opinions actually are results in you melting down this hard.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol you have some serious issues if asking you what your opinions actually are results in you melting down this hard.

For like the third time, I already posted my opinions on this episode. You're free to read them at any time. And if you want to talk meltdowns maybe look to Megaspel, who's spamming thousands of words into my inbox and following me around the forums.

It's okay not to like an episode of a teevee show, guys.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

For like the third time, I already posted my opinions on this episode. You're free to read them at any time. And if you want to talk meltdowns maybe look to Megaspel, who's spamming thousands of words into my inbox and following me around the forums.

It's okay not to like an episode of a teevee show, guys.

You keep following my post history and calling me a stalker every time I post in any thread. You insulted me over PMs after I tried to reach out and explain that my criticism was not coming from a place of hatred. Drop this dumb poo poo and leave me alone. It's fine to not like an episode of TV, I completely agree with a lot of people's criticisms about the episode, maybe they shouldn't have attempted it, but jesus christ drop this poo poo. Stop following me to call me a stalker and spreading poo poo about me. You've said your opinions, they are valid opinions. You told me to never talk to you again after calling me a creepy racist, so please return me the same favour and stop your weird vendetta.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

When was Brooklyn 99 transphobic? Or is that a weird dig?

Anyway I think we can all agree my new avatar is less annoying than my old uncensored avatar that everyone seemed to get mad about. This is my first red text, but I don't know if it's from Bronto, it could just be one of the racist trolls who browse TGRS looking to stir up poo poo.

Maybe this is an inevitable conclusion to any thread about a sitcom which doesn't usually have much to discuss.

As imperfect as the show can be, these characters will always cheer me up.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Captain Holt is the best straight man in years.

As for B99 being Transphobic, I don't think it ever was, but I know Terry Crews posted a tweet about how silly it was to be a trans person. It was something abotu how being transgender was considered perfectly fine, but being transracial(?) was not fine?

Tiny Brontosaurus overreacts about things, but it comes from a place of extreme woke-edness. It's not an insult to her for the most part. Racism is something that affects certain groups of people hard, and those it doesn't really effect keep saying poo poo like "okay, suuure, I get it but it's not that bad," and "maybe if you'd explain it to me one more time I'd finally understand it all," - as if it's not serious enough for them to do some legit research on the matter. It would probably feel very dismissive as a person and antagonistic after a while.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 11, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Drifter posted:

Tiny Brontosaurus overreacts about things, but it comes from a place of extreme woke-edness. It's not an insult to her for the most part. Racism is something that affects certain groups of people hard, and those it doesn't really effect keep saying poo poo like "okay, suuure, I get it but it's not that bad," and "maybe if you'd explain it to me one more time I'd finally understand it all," - as if it's not serious enough for them to do some legit research on the matter. It would probably feel very dismissive as a person and antagonistic after a while.

That doesn't really apply here as the episode dealt with it in about the best way it could. Hell so far the only real argument against is that it shouldn't because it's a sitcom. Which is an argument I guess but has nothing to do with the content here. I mean the episode at no point tries to lessen racism in any real way.

TB is just melting down to melt down.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 11, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

CharlestheHammer posted:

That doesn't really apply here as the episode dealt with it in about the best way it could. Hell so far the only real argument against is that it shouldn't because it's a sitcom. Which is an argument I guess but has nothing to do with the content here. I mean the episode at no point tries to lessen racism in any real way.

You literally haven't been following the discussion for all your posts. The argument isn't that it shouldn't because it's a sitcom, it's that it didn't. It made a worthless, toothless token gesture. It applied its sitcom nature to a very serious topic which renders the topic weak and powerless instead of being the very powerful issue that it truly is.

The show lessened racism by compartmentalizing it and resolving it the way it did. Terry almost gets arrested for being black, oh well, sorry bud, boy howdy that sure is terrible but there's nothing we can do says all the other cops in the room, lol wut is racism says another cop. Sweetie, your dad experienced some terrible systemic racism from people in authority that you're definitely going to experience in a few years but don't worry it's okay. Sgt, you most likely rocked the boat too much and lost this opportunity at promotion and every other promotion in the future due to your complaint but it's cool that other cop got a meaningless warning, be happy you're changing the world. Now let's never mention any of this ever again.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Drifter posted:

You literally haven't been following the discussion for all your posts. The argument isn't that it shouldn't because it's a sitcom, it's that it didn't. It made a worthless, toothless token gesture. It applied its sitcom nature to a very serious topic which renders the topic weak and powerless instead of being the very powerful issue that it truly is.

The show lessened racism by compartmentalizing it and resolving it the way it did. Terry almost gets arrested for being black, oh well, sorry bud, boy howdy that sure is terrible but there's nothing we can do says all the other cops in the room, lol wut is racism says another cop. Sweetie, your dad experienced some terrible systemic racism from people in authority that you're definitely going to experience in a few years but don't worry it's okay. Sgt, you most likely rocked the boat too much and lost this opportunity at promotion and every other promotion in the future due to your complaint but it's cool that other cop got a meaningless warning, be happy you're changing the world. Now let's never mention any of this ever again.

What the gently caress are you talking about

Did you watch the episode

Like literally none of this happened. Plus you aren't even following this discussion correct. Just a complete failure.

Meltdowns abound I guess?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about

Did you watch the episode

Like literally none of this happened. Plus you aren't even following this discussion correct. Just a complete failure.

Meltdowns abound I guess?

Now you are the one who is melting down. They made excellent reasoned points that I wouldn't mind talking about in the morning.

I know I am usually willing to give anything a pass for even trying, so it's very helpful we have someone willing to be critical as well as informative.

You don't seem to have offered anything helpful to the thread. Just to clarify, we're not talking about the latest episodes.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I've spent a month or two growing the whole sourdough in a jar thing, and thought it was pretty hilarious that Boyle's family had a 400 year old sourdough starter. Boyle's best line of that episode was his casual "She's my sister and we've had sex" to his cousins, and their "cool cool" response.

I think this show would be better if Gina were to leave it. Give some more time to Rosa or something.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I think Gina and Rosa have been the weakest for a while. Gina's probably worst though.

Holt is Elder God tier though.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Megaspel posted:

Now you are the one who is melting down. They made excellent reasoned points that I wouldn't mind talking about in the morning.

I know I am usually willing to give anything a pass for even trying, so it's very helpful we have someone willing to be critical as well as informative.

You don't seem to have offered anything helpful to the thread. Just to clarify, we're not talking about the latest episodes.

What are these points. I saw someone desperately trying to twist something in a shameful attempt to look woke while melting down but that is it.

Also no one has offered anything helpful really.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

starkebn posted:

I think Gina and Rosa have been the weakest for a while. Gina's probably worst though.

Holt is Elder God tier though.

Holt is great, and I thought it was hilarious when Rosa was groaning through the morning workout distraction with him. Her half-dead on the treadmill was amazing. :)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It's sad when they don't seem to have much to do for Rosa but Scully is consistently getting poo poo to do. Despite being a rather one note character.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Drifter posted:

Holt is great, and I thought it was hilarious when Rosa was groaning through the morning workout distraction with him. Her half-dead on the treadmill was amazing. :)

Ha, I also loved "what a wretched man"

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I thought the actual serious part was great but the cuts to babysitting kinda ruined the vibe, although very funny.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
I came here to read and maybe post about funny poo poo in these double episodes but it's two pages of spergs fighting about the message in the racial profiling episode. Will you dweebs cut it out please thanks

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
I got aftershock laughs every time I thought about Scully asking out a breastfeeding mother.

Scully is fearless.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd go to a Denny's with Cool Hitchcock

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Most shows don't last long or get renewed with 0.9 in the demo, and this one has been at 0.6 for every spring episode and losing to the CW, so thankfully the argument will be over soon. :(

try the new taco place fucked around with this message at 13:18 on May 11, 2017

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Gina is and has always been the worst character and if she wasn't in the show at all, I'd be OK with that.

Still my favorite show though.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
the racial profiling episode one was not funny and had nothing new to bring to the racial profiling situation other than "maybe some black cops dont want to shed a light on it so they dont hinder their own career advancement". This can also apply to sexual harrassmentbin the workplace. If you're going to make an episode like this in a sitcom, either make it hilarious or make it thought provoking. This one was neither.

The Fresh Prince episode where Will and Carlton get pulled over is much funnier and is also 20 years older. Its also much more hought provoking when Carlton sides with the cop in saying he would have done the same thing, not able to understand why profiling exists.

the conference episode was bad because it was about 5 years late and everyone is already sick of The Hangover and all of its lame knock-offs.

the train episode was really funny, but they've pretty much killed Gina's character.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

TommyGun85 posted:

the racial profiling episode one was not funny and had nothing new to bring to the racial profiling situation other than "maybe some black cops dont want to shed a light on it so they dont hinder their own career advancement". This can also apply to sexual harrassmentbin the workplace. If you're going to make an episode like this in a sitcom, either make it hilarious or make it thought provoking. This one was neither.

The Fresh Prince episode where Will and Carlton get pulled over is much funnier and is also 20 years older. Its also much more hought provoking when Carlton sides with the cop in saying he would have done the same thing, not able to understand why profiling exists.

the conference episode was bad because it was about 5 years late and everyone is already sick of The Hangover and all of its lame knock-offs.

the train episode was really funny, but they've pretty much killed Gina's character.

The serious Fresh Prince episodes were very good, and definitely had a big impact on me as a kid. I looked it up and apparently that was right up on episode 6 in the first season. I think Fresh Prince dealt with serious subject incredibly well, and was setup from the beginning to support talking about them, and it's an excellent example of using the contrast between whacky characters and serious moments well. It felt much more like it was an actual goal of the writers to bring those ideas and experiences to the masses using the show, whereas B99 is not set up for that at all.

Yeah I'm really not a fan of Gina any more. The cement thing was probably the final nail. They're just making her a one note character and then having all her punchlines be about a single attribute about her, it feels a lot like Flanderization, but all the jokes are just "ha ha this character has this single bad trait that defines her", like we're supposed to laugh at them parodying their own character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The Fresh Prince where the most PSA of PSA episodes. They were corny and bad but they tried and I appreciate that.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 11, 2017

• Locked thread