Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
The episode was good cause Cheddar was in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

TommyGun85 posted:

This show has really taken a nosedive this season. Its borderline unwatchable now.

I thought this episode was a real step up from the first four.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Once Jason Mantzoukas was featured I knew it would be taking a nose dive. That dude is pretty funny in interviews and stuff, but on TV shows he's basicallly a kiss of death if he has more than a few lines or is in more than one or two episodes. Although I'm basing this solely off of this and The League, but I still feel thats a good sample size.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Solice Kirsk posted:

Once Jason Mantzoukas was featured I knew it would be taking a nose dive. That dude is pretty funny in interviews and stuff, but on TV shows he's basicallly a kiss of death if he has more than a few lines or is in more than one or two episodes. Although I'm basing this solely off of this and The League, but I still feel thats a good sample size.

The League is like a laboratory experiment where they gathered a bunch of funny comedians together and tried to discover the least amount of comedy they could possibly generate

I liked his plotline okay, except for how it turned Rosa into a weepy mess. I'm really annoyed with how much this show does the old sitcom thing of building up plotlines that turn out to be completely disposable. Her relationship with Holt's nephew seemed like it was going somewhere, then nope. Same with every one of Boyle's relationships - I half expect the current wife to die off screen so he can start creeping on women in the precinct again.

It's frustrating to see a promising one-camera show keep falling back on three-camera writing.

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 19, 2016

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

It's frustrating to see a promising one-camera show keep falling back on three-camera writing.

See also: Family, Modern

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Mantzoukas' story led to last season's two parter and this season's three part opener, all of which was great.

(Three-camera being used as a pejorative is dumb. Watch a Frasier episode sometime ya philistines.)

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Maxwell Lord posted:

Mantzoukas' story led to last season's two parter and this season's three part opener, all of which was great.

(Three-camera being used as a pejorative is dumb. Watch a Frasier episode sometime ya philistines.)

Never! :colbert:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The first 6 seasons of Frasier were fantastic.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah Fraiser is seriously great.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I've never actually sat down and watched an episode of Frasier before. I'm in between shows right now, so I think I actually will.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Maxwell Lord posted:

Amy and Rosa getting along was adorable. "Mary Anne's better than that."

I loved this.

Tiggum posted:

I thought this episode was a real step up from the first four.

Me too!

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
I still really like this show. Probably the best part of the episode was Holt's entrance to me, followed up by Gina saying that the plaque thing was like segregation and Holt and Terry's reaction lmao

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I forgot to mention that, oh wow that cold open is really great.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

FELD1 posted:

I've never actually sat down and watched an episode of Frasier before. I'm in between shows right now, so I think I actually will.

You should watch it from the start, in order. There's good character development and small, subtle drips of continuity.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
How would you transcribe Holt's pronunciation of Caboodle? Quaboudelle?

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Yeah this is my wife's favorite episode now largely based on Cheddar and his training.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
For me it was Gina's interrogation room monologue. Oh, and Bill.

"Whatever you want man, it's your money"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Goddamnit baseball I want my show back!! :argh:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Do we even get an episode next week, or will it all be election coverage?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

swickles posted:

Do we even get an episode next week, or will it all be election coverage?

No show is ever going to air a new episode on election night

Next episode is the 15th

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Schneider Inside Her posted:

For me it was Gina's interrogation room monologue. Oh, and Bill.

"Whatever you want man, it's your money"

I liked when he said his safe word, "cabbage", when Jake starting touching his arm. Overall another solid Halloween episode.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So it's back this week, and Fox released a promo with Adrian Pimento in it, so yay I guess, but also okay I worry they're seriously writing themselves into a corner with this whole thing. But we'll see what happens I guess.

Man, as a post election pick me up I was watching the Lazy Sunday clip, they should get Parnell back because he's great. I can't remember the exact details of what happened to his character so I'm not even sure if that is in-universe possible. But still.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

algebra testes posted:

So it's back this week, and Fox released a promo with Adrian Pimento in it, so yay I guess, but also okay I worry they're seriously writing themselves into a corner with this whole thing. But we'll see what happens I guess.

Man, as a post election pick me up I was watching the Lazy Sunday clip, they should get Parnell back because he's great. I can't remember the exact details of what happened to his character so I'm not even sure if that is in-universe possible. But still.

He got arrested for committing all the crimes, but that shouldn't be much of a hurdle for the writers.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

algebra testes posted:

"I have to go now. My planet precinct needs me."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Rosa is so intensively private that I could see them actually getting married and never seeing him because that's her private life. Maybe once a season we get an Adrian Pimento episode kind of like Doug Judy.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

swickles posted:

Rosa is so intensively private that I could see them actually getting married and never seeing him because that's her private life. Maybe once a season we get an Adrian Pimento episode kind of like Doug Judy.

Doug Judy is amazing and Adrian Pimento is dogshit.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Pimento is awesome and is marrying Rosa.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Hey Chuck, it's Pimento!"

E: That's Nora Ephron you IDIOT.

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 16, 2016

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I'm alliterating... like a beatnik.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Rosa getting everybody drunk is great.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maxwell Lord posted:

Rosa getting everybody drunk is great.

You made me kill my balloon baby

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

VINDICATION!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

"i got eyerolled to, not about"

Signs!

*gasp*

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

This was a great episode, felt a lot like a season 2 episode. Also, perfect amount/usage of Adrian Pimento.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

swickles posted:

This was a great episode, felt a lot like a season 2 episode. Also, perfect amount/usage of Adrian Pimento.

I was losing it the entire episode from the very first thing out of Pimento's mouth on. One of the best eps lately for sure.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mike Schur loving loves weddings.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm torn, personally, between my passion for protecting Melissa Fumero's right to have a goddamn baby whenever she wants, and also acknowledging the fact that this show is so much better now she's an active part of episodes again.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Yeah Fumero has a super expressive face and really knows how to use it. I think Chelsea Peretti pretty much nails every single line she delivers though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

They did a good job writing around her pregnancy though. I begged a friend to start watching and once he did, he marathoned the seasons and hadn't noticed she was pregnant until I flat out told him to take a closer look in the Doug Judy on a cruise episode.

• Locked thread