Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
SAY THAT AGAIN.

That's what I thought.

(BTW: I kinda love Amy's new haircut.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
"Because men are horrible and the world is a nightmare, right."

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I used to be Batman, and now I'm his dad! His dumb, stupid, getting shot at the opera dad.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Leaving the virgin festival"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Holy poo poo.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Well that's a cliffhanger all right.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer
That cliffhanger :aaa:

Taran fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 2, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip: Gertie

Hello Sexerella :heysexy:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Marshawn Lynch :lol:

Lord Sexatron
Aug 1, 2003

FELD1 posted:

"Because men are horrible and the world is a nightmare, right."

Came to say this. Also, in the background Scully and Hitchcock were exchanging papers via telescopic rods with binder clips. Peak lazy, I salute them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Her name is Gina.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
My first thought about seeing Marshawn Lynch in the opener: "Holy shiiiiiiit so cool! He's gonna be the worst witness..." I just assumed, like Diaz, that he wouldn't talk and he'd be super dismissive. I love how wrong that was. Also pizzadilla already exists, bro.

Gina getting Final Destinationed was an actual shock too. Wonder how that's gonna go?

Edit upon rewatch: City Blood.

fizzymercury fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 3, 2017

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Her name was Gina.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

fizzymercy posted:

Gina getting Final Destinationed was an actual shock too. Wonder how that's gonna go?

Full body cast, hi-jinks.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I want this show to be better than that. I don't know how to make that happen, but I hope nonetheless.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Statue rich!

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Um excuse me but surely that towel in jake's grot-hole was Gina's. Unless she also inherited the towel. Or he moved since. Never mind.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, it seems like they dropped/forgot/glossed over the whole Jake renting from Gina thing.

Also, Gina survives but gets bionic legs and eventually becomes the Borg Queen.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Gina's towel? I think the solution is to clone a new Gina.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Insanely solid double episode, I think I laughed fully more before the first break even than most shows. Also was beaming ear to ear when it was obviously going to be a Doug Judy episode.

This season has been really good and episodes like that really cement it not slipping in quality, despite what some say.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

swickles posted:

Yeah, it seems like they dropped/forgot/glossed over the whole Jake renting from Gina thing.

Also, Gina survives but gets bionic legs and eventually becomes the Borg Queen.

I thought Jake didn't rent from Gina? What they ended up doing, I thought, was having Gina move into the place they both wanted because Gina was scared about safety in her old one and because Jake wanted to prove he was responsible by moving into a really lovely place that he could actually afford due to his being bad with money. It's been a while since I watched it but that's what I remember - unless it was another show.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Gina will either be alive and waited on hand & foot by the detectives during her recovery (not by choice), or dead and haunting the 99. I'm pretty OK with either of these options.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

It is probably awful that the first thing that came to my mind when they did that was that Chelsea Peretti might have gotten pregnant or was planning to, so then they could put her in a somewhat immobile role for the time being.

edit: Which is really weird since they handled Melissa Fumero's pregnancy just fine.

Grinning Goblin fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jan 5, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Gina has been behind things a lot recently.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

ihatepants posted:

I thought Jake didn't rent from Gina? What they ended up doing, I thought, was having Gina move into the place they both wanted because Gina was scared about safety in her old one and because Jake wanted to prove he was responsible by moving into a really lovely place that he could actually afford due to his being bad with money. It's been a while since I watched it but that's what I remember - unless it was another show.

Sub-let is the proper term, but I think Jakes apartment was technically Gina's and she bought Jake's place.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

Grinning Goblin posted:

edit: Which is really weird since they handled Melissa Fumero's pregnancy just fine.

They really didn't. I don't think I laughed once when they went to the Texas prison

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

fizzymercy posted:

I want this show to be better than that. I don't know how to make that happen, but I hope nonetheless.

i feel like Gina kind of has to be in a full body cast. Aside from her being dead, I can't see how else she'd come out of an impact like that.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Oh, you guys didn't know Gina had an adoptive twin sister?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Who is also called Gina

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Sereri posted:

Who is also called Gina

It's actually just three emojis, but sure, we can call her Gina.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
This has to be the answer. DOUBLE GINAS!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Just binged the whole series and am hardcore on board. Was never a Sandberg or Peretti fan before the show which is probably why I never gave it a full chance, but I've very much come around now. Love both now and the entire cast (except maybe Pimento who does the same act everywhere, but they use him better than say the League).

swickles posted:

I kind of felt like they forgot the entire Jake/Gina relationship as the series goes on. For childhood friends who are close enough for one of them to get the other a job they don't interact much at all.

I thought they had kind of forgotten Gina/Boyle too but they picked them up a lot this season.

If by some bizarre twist Gina is gone I'll cry a lot. But I'm down for full body cast, her faking her death, or Ghost Gina haunting the precinct.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Or Gina survived miraculously unharmed but insists that she's a ghost haunting the precinct.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tiggum posted:

Or Gina survived miraculously unharmed but insists that she's a ghost haunting the precinct.

This would be the best outcome.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I tend to lean toward "it's a dream" due to her saying "I'd rather get hit by a bus than get another text from you, Charles!" earlier. It does seem oddly coincidental.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I gotta say that I'm really relieved that they kept the first few episodes from getting too real about things when Jake started ruining Greg's life to try and make him give up those files. At the back of my mind all I could think was 'He was black and openly gay in the70's and 80's, this is like trying to torment a former POW by putting them in charge of a kindergarten class or something'

So I'm really relieved they kept it sitcom-y.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

What the gently caress is with the air schedule. April? Really??

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Wiki says next new episode is Feb 12 with another new one the following week

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Wiki says next new episode is Feb 12 with another new one the following week

Negatory.

Fox still says April 11th.

http://www.fox.com/brooklyn-nine-nine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

bull3964 posted:

Negatory.

Fox still says April 11th.

http://www.fox.com/brooklyn-nine-nine

Oh, whoops I thought it was the bobs burger thread... My bad!

• Locked thread