Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Big time congrats to the weirdos in this thread who successfully keyed in on Chelsea Peretti's pregnancy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

That's gonna be one funny baby

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Next season, Stephanie Beatriz will be pregnant.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gluten Freeman posted:

That's gonna be one funny baby

Or the least funny baby. Kids usually rebel so it may be a forensic accountant or something.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Has this been cancelled or put on hiatus? The most recent episode aired almost three months ago and they apparently have another ten to burn through.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Has this been cancelled or put on hiatus? The most recent episode aired almost three months ago and they apparently have another ten to burn through.

It returns April 11th. This was known around the time the last episode ended. In fact, it's on the page before this one in this thread.

bull3964 posted:

Negatory.

Fox still says April 11th.

http://www.fox.com/brooklyn-nine-nine

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

thrawn527 posted:

It returns April 11th. This was known around the time the last episode ended. In fact, it's on the page before this one in this thread.

I apologize, I somehow missed it.

And it looks like Fox is giving them the same treatment NBC did with Parks & Recreation. Put them on hiatus after the holidays until April, then burn through the rest of the season at two or three episodes a night before June.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I just saw Stephanie Beatriz on @midnight. She's so bubbly and it's freaking me out a little.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Christmas posted:

I just saw Stephanie Beatriz on @midnight. She's so bubbly and it's freaking me out a little.

Is it worth watching @Midnight for?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

algebra testes posted:

Is it worth watching @Midnight for?

If you don't like the show, then no it's not really worth watching the one episode just for Stephanie. I already watch it semi-regularly so it was just a nice bonus for me to see her on it. drat though, her natural speaking voice is so wildly different than her character on 99. She's a really skilled actor. She voiced a character on an episode of Bob's Burgers earlier this season and I couldn't believe it was her when I saw her name in the credits.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Supposed to be a new episode tonight? Looking forward to seeing Chelsea Peretti in a body cast (in a comedic sense, not in a wishing her harm sense).

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I do give them props for having NOTHING in episode descriptions that could let us infer anything.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This is ten pages long. I can't read this.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"I've never been more proud of you for anything in your life."

"I mean, I've solved a lot of cases for you."

"And yet crime has continued."

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

try the new taco place posted:

They really didn't. I don't think I laughed once when they went to the Texas prison

I didn't realise she was actually pregnant, haha wow. I got fooled bigtime.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I saw Stephanie Beatriz on @Midnight and holy poo poo I did not expect her to have that personality. Her normal voice is much higher pitched, and she's bubbly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I saw Stephanie Beatriz on @Midnight and holy poo poo I did not expect her to have that personality. Her normal voice is much higher pitched, and she's bubbly.

Acting people, c'mon! It's not that complicated.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

sticklefifer posted:

You should check out the Modern Family episodes she's in.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

RareAcumen posted:

Acting people, c'mon! It's not that complicated.
Yeah, no poo poo. I wasn't expecting her to literally be Rosa in real life.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, no poo poo. I wasn't expecting her to literally be Rosa in real life.

...yet Chelsea Perretti is Gina in real life.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TommyGun85 posted:

...yet Chelsea Perretti is Gina in real life.

The human embodiment of the 100 emoji.

I was surprisingly disappointed in this episode. It felt really tonally off and dumbed down. The plot with Teddy felt so broad I kept expecting there to be a twist, like his girlfriend being in on it and the whole proposal to Amy being part of some trap. But nope. The former Mrs. Tom Haverford just goes for dopes, I guess.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Hey, its Shauna Malwae-Tweep!

JD
Jan 11, 2003

swickles posted:

Hey, its Shauna Malwae-Tweep!

Nope, different slightly cuter bit actress

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think it was actually Tom's wife.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

This show is a really unusual comedy. Not in terms of it's weirdness, but because when it pairs up characters (as it does constantly), it almost always has one character be the funny one, and the other be the straight man or woman. But unlike others shows, many characters can take on either of the roles, depending on the pairing. Boyle, Gina and Scully/Hitchcock are always comic relief, but Jake, Amy, Rosa, Holt, and Terry can play either comic relief or the sane one depending upon who they are paired up with.

This is a great strength in episodes with pairings, or multiple pairings, because it results in really varied character dynamics that prevents things from getting stale.

But to me, it's a massive disadvantage in the ensemble episodes where lots of the cast are interacting as a group. Because in the ensemble episodes, everyone plays the comic relief simultaneously. The show shifts in tone from "sane world, zany characters" to "completely bonkers sitcom world". I love the former, but the latter is just a bit too much for me.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

STAC Goat posted:

I think it was actually Tom's wife.

Gah, that's it. As soon as she showed up, I kept trying to remember what other comedy show I remembered seeing her in. :doh:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Thread's active again, has it started up again? Did I miss the first episode?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Drifter posted:

Thread's active again, has it started up again? Did I miss the first episode?

Yep! It's on fox, was funny. I love how they're handling Chelsea Peretti's pregnancy.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Bless you sir. Haha, watched a clip on youtube:
"There is nothing :airquote:gendered:airquote: about a sexy cat."

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Drifter posted:

"There is nothing :airquote:gendered:airquote: about a sexy cat."

I knew a guy in high school who gave that exact justification for a cat Halloween costume

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Hey, yiff you look good you look good, right?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I'm Jake Peralta, the grossest pervert in New York!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zero One posted:

I'm Jake Peralta, the grossest pervert in New York!

They used my name!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Thats my move! *gasp* a double!

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
This show is somehow still hitting on all cylinders and I'm going to be really disappointed when it is inevitably cancelled.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Show is still good, but I think it's been getting steadily worse since the start.

Lots of comedy series do that, actually. Writers strain to come up with new jokes after a few seasons, I guess.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Did Nathan Fillion gain weight?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

404notfound posted:

He pudged up during Castle

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

404notfound posted:

Fillion's been a classy Pilsbury Doughboy since about year two of Castle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mymla posted:

Show is still good, but I think it's been getting steadily worse since the start.

Lots of comedy series do that, actually. Writers strain to come up with new jokes after a few seasons, I guess.

Unfortunately eventually you hit a point where the characters are absurd bundles of injokes and neurosis and the writers struggle come up with new jokes that aren't tired rehashes. Or they end up making the characters completely erratic or unrelatable due to a build up of comedic baggage.

Archer gets around this by soft reebooting the show every season/other season, and that works for them but probably wouldn't for B99.

• Locked thread