Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It's not the shows fault you don't pay attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well I mean you don't have to try very hard.

Drug dealers are a symptom not the root.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

If this is your definition of heavy handed then I am not sure what they could have done. As it just being a thing makes it heavy handed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ChesterJT posted:

You have demonstrated your woeful ignorance on all topics police so no need to continue.

It's a comedy show. It doesn't stop them from having a serious topic now and then. I think they showed you can easily have it both ways.

No offense but you both seem to have limited experience on the subject aside from the articles and news stories you read that support your own view.

No what they are saying is correct maybe you are a bit ignorant? I mean the corrupt nature of American police and the justice system in general is well documented.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 07:28 on May 4, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ChesterJT posted:

And I hear high school teachers are all raping their kids too! It's a madhouse!

I am sorry you had to find out like this, but maybe now you can grow up a bit.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

starkebn posted:

wow- that episode felt like it was written by a high schooler

did not like

e: eh, talking about the "Terry gets racially profiled" episode

Gonna expand on this at all

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Oh well that didn't happen so I guess never mind?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

So the parts actually dealing with the plot were good but it was actually bad because???????

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

You're being an idiot. The episode was clunky and badly-written, and mishandled the subject matter. It's okay for people to criticize things.

When people start doing that then cool, but that isn't what is happening here. I think thing is bad is not a criticism its just a statement. The only real criticism I have seen is that the kids stuff was kind of weirdly placed but a comedy show has to have some attempts at comedy in them. Which is what that part was for.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 10, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Maybe you should read the thread? Or show me whatever thread your reading.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Lol no thanks. Have enough screeching assholes berating me in my life, thanks.

Lol you have some serious issues if asking you what your opinions actually are results in you melting down this hard.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Drifter posted:

Tiny Brontosaurus overreacts about things, but it comes from a place of extreme woke-edness. It's not an insult to her for the most part. Racism is something that affects certain groups of people hard, and those it doesn't really effect keep saying poo poo like "okay, suuure, I get it but it's not that bad," and "maybe if you'd explain it to me one more time I'd finally understand it all," - as if it's not serious enough for them to do some legit research on the matter. It would probably feel very dismissive as a person and antagonistic after a while.

That doesn't really apply here as the episode dealt with it in about the best way it could. Hell so far the only real argument against is that it shouldn't because it's a sitcom. Which is an argument I guess but has nothing to do with the content here. I mean the episode at no point tries to lessen racism in any real way.

TB is just melting down to melt down.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 11, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Drifter posted:

You literally haven't been following the discussion for all your posts. The argument isn't that it shouldn't because it's a sitcom, it's that it didn't. It made a worthless, toothless token gesture. It applied its sitcom nature to a very serious topic which renders the topic weak and powerless instead of being the very powerful issue that it truly is.

The show lessened racism by compartmentalizing it and resolving it the way it did. Terry almost gets arrested for being black, oh well, sorry bud, boy howdy that sure is terrible but there's nothing we can do says all the other cops in the room, lol wut is racism says another cop. Sweetie, your dad experienced some terrible systemic racism from people in authority that you're definitely going to experience in a few years but don't worry it's okay. Sgt, you most likely rocked the boat too much and lost this opportunity at promotion and every other promotion in the future due to your complaint but it's cool that other cop got a meaningless warning, be happy you're changing the world. Now let's never mention any of this ever again.

What the gently caress are you talking about

Did you watch the episode

Like literally none of this happened. Plus you aren't even following this discussion correct. Just a complete failure.

Meltdowns abound I guess?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Megaspel posted:

Now you are the one who is melting down. They made excellent reasoned points that I wouldn't mind talking about in the morning.

I know I am usually willing to give anything a pass for even trying, so it's very helpful we have someone willing to be critical as well as informative.

You don't seem to have offered anything helpful to the thread. Just to clarify, we're not talking about the latest episodes.

What are these points. I saw someone desperately trying to twist something in a shameful attempt to look woke while melting down but that is it.

Also no one has offered anything helpful really.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It's sad when they don't seem to have much to do for Rosa but Scully is consistently getting poo poo to do. Despite being a rather one note character.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The Fresh Prince where the most PSA of PSA episodes. They were corny and bad but they tried and I appreciate that.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

There really aren't any Stars to break out.

• Locked thread