Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Pyroi posted:

Is New Girl any good?

It's aggressively mediocre. Every other character BUT zooey deschanel is an awesome comedic talent, but zooey deschanel is the protagonist so :shrug:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Every other character BUT zooey deschanel is an awesome comedic talent, but zooey deschanel is the protagonist so :shrug:.

It's real fun when it's not a Nick and Jess, WILL THEY WONT THEY??? Episode.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Drifter posted:

Thread's active again, has it started up again? Did I miss the first episode?

Yep! It's on fox, was funny. I love how they're handling Chelsea Peretti's pregnancy.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

ChesterJT posted:

You of all people shouldn't be a judge of anyone's reactions. This post full of crazy is a great reason why.

Nah, it's a lot of valid points that are lost on you for reasons I'm sure don't have to do with you having a vested interest in the world working a certain way. What is "full on crazy" about pointing out the tendency for cops' to act like action heroes (and usually kill innocent, unarmed minorities in the process) and drawing a link to supposedly light, comedic media representation of cops where they act like action heroes (and wave their guns in the face of unarmed, uncharged individuals)?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

ChesterJT posted:

Must be a slow day in D&D. You know this thread is for the comedy show Brooklyn 99 right? Maybe try out the "Comments on law enforcement for which I have no experience or knowledge of" thread which I'm sure exists over there somewhere.

Is there a new episode yet? Good lord.

Yeah man, media representations have 0 bearing on real life. Don't talk if your response is gonna be "go back to D&D" at the first sign of someone not swallowing your poo poo laden load.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA

e: I mean we have a goddamn reality TV show host as our president and you've got the audacity to say TV doesn't influence real life poo poo? Get the gently caress outta here and back to those sheets you're cutting eye holes in.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 29, 2017

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleopolis posted:

Hey uh...Terry? I think you should apologize SUPER fast if you like being on B99....
https://twitter.com/terrycrews/status/858436126914117632

No... terry... no

Why you gotta be a piece of poo poo.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

inthesto posted:

I just realized that the mentorship b-plot is something of a recycle of the Ron Swanson pyramid of manliness joke from P&R, but they still take the premise of "old-fashioned masculinity taken to the point of absurdity" and execute it so differently

I love that Holt is "execute[d]... so differently" from what we expect gay characters to act like. It is honestly refreshing af to see a gay (and black!) character represented as the antithesis of whatever shambling homo-culus hollywood dictates we internalize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

False. Indiana is more real than New York.

If by "more real" you mean "one giant truck stop" then yeah sure. Gloryholes galore and meth are real af.

• Locked thread