Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I think they're setting it up so that he has a parenting problem and doesn't get help because he's full of his own poo poo. Problem gets worse and eventually he gets help from the 99. Afterward, he will learn a lesson that there is more than one way to raise a child. It also gave us:

He and his lady decided to adopt after all his sperm was lost last season. IIRC they mention it at the end of the episode. I just recently binged. :3:

I find the whole Nikolaj thing to be really really unfunny and annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Pyroi posted:

Is New Girl any good?

the first two seasons were excellent and the rest is trash.

Also, the 4 or so episodes where Zooey Deschanel is replaced by Megan Fox are very good.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
This show has really taken a nosedive this season. Its borderline unwatchable now.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

swickles posted:

Rosa is so intensively private that I could see them actually getting married and never seeing him because that's her private life. Maybe once a season we get an Adrian Pimento episode kind of like Doug Judy.

Doug Judy is amazing and Adrian Pimento is dogshit.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, no poo poo. I wasn't expecting her to literally be Rosa in real life.

...yet Chelsea Perretti is Gina in real life.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Megaspel posted:

I know plenty of people who have been in the unfortunate situation where they've had to do some dodgy things to get by. Sometimes it's for their kids, other times it's just to get them out a rough patch, and if they could do something else they would.

It's kinda lovely that the show re-enforces your belief that you should judge people so harshly for the roles they've been pushed into.

I know its a comedy show, but that guy in a rough patch was "forced" into that position by gambling debts. You most certainly can judge him for the decisions he has made.

extreme unfunny example: nazis shouldnt be judged as they were "pushed" into those roles.

On Gina: she sucks now. Her accident sucked and served only to peak interest in between the break and then she comes back, is in an unfunny brace for one episode and now is back to normal.

aside from the first two awful episodes in florida, I think this season has otherwise been pretty good. they needed to drop terrible storylines like boyles kid and pimento.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Wait, are you talking about in TV Land or in reality? Because jurisdiction is absolutely something different precincts will wave their dicks at each other about. A large part of the issue with the corrupt NYPD of the 70s and 80s was that the Manhattan DA had a jurisdictional problem trying to get any cases together against organized crime in Brooklyn and Queens.

so you imagine it working in a way that if a cop is pursuing someone and they cross onto the west side of the street which is a jurisdictional boundary, the cop gives up and turns around?

cmon man

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
the racial profiling episode one was not funny and had nothing new to bring to the racial profiling situation other than "maybe some black cops dont want to shed a light on it so they dont hinder their own career advancement". This can also apply to sexual harrassmentbin the workplace. If you're going to make an episode like this in a sitcom, either make it hilarious or make it thought provoking. This one was neither.

The Fresh Prince episode where Will and Carlton get pulled over is much funnier and is also 20 years older. Its also much more hought provoking when Carlton sides with the cop in saying he would have done the same thing, not able to understand why profiling exists.

the conference episode was bad because it was about 5 years late and everyone is already sick of The Hangover and all of its lame knock-offs.

the train episode was really funny, but they've pretty much killed Gina's character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

try the new taco place posted:

Melissa Fumero and Stephanie Beatriz are the only cast members who might move up in the entertainment world imo

Beatriz is a terrible actress who can hardly keep a straight face in her scenes. However, she has an incredible body so maybe she'll find more work along the lines of her role in Modern Family.

• Locked thread