Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

bvlah posted:

That's one of the worst ideas I've ever heard

meh, I like New Girl but yeah the crossover will suck. But we might get Boyle and Schmidt getting into a nerd off over some random culinary things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

TommyGun85 posted:

This show has really taken a nosedive this season. Its borderline unwatchable now.

Cinnabon

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dresh posted:

I wonder how many people got into Monty Hall arguments themselves after watching this? I always found that the best way to explain it was to present an alternate 100 door scenario where you pick one and the host then opens 98 of the other doors leaving your pick and one other.

Had this argument about 10 years ago with a bunch of other computer engineers one day when we got bored at work. Even with the photos from wikipedia dumping the proof at their feet they still tried to argue.

The whole reason we had the argument was because someone followed some digg link about how people have an inherently lovely understanding of probability, so I guess that article was right.

swickles posted:

I always thought of it as getting it wrong. You have a 1 in 3 chance to get it right, which means 2 in 3 to get it wrong. The host reveals one which is a wrong choice, since you were more likely to get it wrong on the first guess, you do better by switching.

Yeah that's pretty much how I try to simplify it. On your first selection, odds are you picked the wrong door. The host then takes the other wrong answer off the board

• Locked thread