Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The time dilation stuff gets explicitly explained in the Hunter database notes. They're worth reading!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Maitreya gave me a newfound respect for attack items. Bosses that resist phys suck rear end.

Maitreya was a joke because he's weak to gun.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain France posted:

So, am I missing something, or are the results of Demon Fusion Lite completely set in stone for each combination? I'm trying to pass on Medusa's unique skill with it, but every battle I try to fuse the skill list is exactly the same. It was the same before with King Frost, but I didn't worry as much because his skill wasn't that great anyways. Seems kind of useless to me if it's not randomized . . . it used to be randomized like fusion in previous games, right?

Why not just fuse normally? Unique demon skills are usually not inheritable anyway.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain France posted:

I've been pretty much directly on level with the most recent story place all game, but I'm only on 3/8 and I abuse Estoma a lot.
And let me tell you, it is INFURIATING the way all the Partners complain about the enemies being too strong when you're usually clearing them out in one turn.

I have to say I don't remember this happening at all, and I've spent the whole game at or a few levels below the demons.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Armor-Piercing posted:

Do the drain skills use any particular stat to get better? I only have 12 Ma but I just got Energy Drain and at level 39 I can pull about 65-70 HP and 20ish MP, which seems really good already.

My magic is about 45 and it does like high 50s MP recovery.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Genpei Turtle posted:

On the Friendship route, it powers him up in the last dungeon in terms of how he helps you out. Like the way he will extort extra cash from demons when you do.

Very nice.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

What exactly does Advanced Fundraise do? Does it slowly increase the Macca you extort from when you take it throughout the entire game, or does it ramp up the money you get from a single demon during a single negotiation? Is it worth it? I'm happy to have Fundraise & + but 40 app points is a lot.

It increases how much you get with successive successful fundraise attempts in one session. So it's nice to have around when you have 3 guaranteed pulls with bind, but it's not a huge increase.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

where is west shinjuku park? is it on the world map or is it part of the shinjuku zone?

On the world map, slightly west of where you go into Shinjuku.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

is it worth throwing in a critical eye between charged physical attacks? the damage boost isn't huge, but on the other hand if you use it once and smirk it can become self-sustaining. i dunno, has anyone bothered to compare their damage output?

iirc, my charged + crit Grand Tack does like 2000 damage, while a charge alone with only do like 1400. But my luck's pretty high and I get a lot of natural crits anyway so...

With the smirk off the crit, you get a second chance to charge, so Charge + Critical Eye + attack takes an average of 2.5 turns. So average charge + crit damage per turn is 800, while charge only is 700.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 30, 2016

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, I wouldn't mind the final dungeon half as much if it weren't for regular encounter Metatron and especially his regular horde encounter with reinforcements friends.

27% escape chance...

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The final dungeon is so big and empty that it takes forever to get anywhere, and rip if you end up in a dead end because your Magic wasn't high enough to pass through the one gate forward.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It looks like they're optional areas for shortcuts or loot, because I got through the dungeon without them. I can't say for sure because that maze isn't easy to get your head around.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Supremezero posted:

Oooookay. What the heck am I supposed to do about Izanami? She just keeps Diarahan-ing. Is it supposed to just be a race?

You need to do enough damage to take her out in one round basically, or two if you time it with your assist gauge. Buff like crazy, in other words.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad using the map is as painful as going through the dungeon mapless.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The dungeon isn't too bad without a map if you just keep going where you haven't before. Backtracking just takes about as much time as a star's lifespan.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm...I'm the obsessive type of gamer who walked all around the giant room the Ark was in before I opened it just so I could finish my minimap. That final dungeon is going to take so much time to finish.......

:rip:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

what's the deal with flynn in the last dungeon. they made it sound like he'd be doing things to help but he's done nothing so far

He sometimes goes off and fight a dude chasing you. Sometimes he'll give you some money if you talk to him. If you use Fundraise with him around, he'll join in too and you get like 1.5x the money you usually do.

There's that combo attack you can use when the protagonist is smirking which is quite strong.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only other big fight where the boss will smirk at will is the final one. You could get away with just having it on a demon really.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Would Tetraja block pierce?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't remember any other game where pierce goes through repel.

• Locked thread