Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Van Dine posted:

The characters in ReLife are well-written, really. Hishiro stood out a lot, and she was my favourite character. Most series don't go into that kind of depth about people's interaction styles. So, I don't want to give the impression that I think ReLife is a bad series, since it's good, it's just that it didn't match up to what I wanted from it in terms of pacing and length. That said, I've heard that there's going to be a further 4-episode anime adaptation of the series coming out next year, which is supposed to be covering the "final chapter" of it, so I'll probably want to watch that. Hopefully that means it's going to adapt the end of the series.

You should watch Princess Jellyfish because aside from one annoying plot thread it's fun and it's got a great cast (plus a great opening sequence). I should really catch up on the manga for that myself.

I haven't seen most of the other ones on your list, but House of Five Leaves is also very good.

My current list:

El Hazard: The Magnificent World (OVA)
Kimagure Orange Road
Koko wa Greenwood (OVA)
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Mobile Police Patlabor (OVA)
Kaitou Saint Tail
Silent Möbius
Terra e

El Hazard is a lot of fun, maybe skip the sequels though.

My list:
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Sakigake!! Otokojuku
ACCA
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju
Kimagure Orange Road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

VOTOMS is now on my list.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It's been a long time since I've watched the first eps of Utena so it's basically like watching the show for the first time. I remember enough about what happens in the first half that I can pay more attention to the backgrounds and "set" design which is super super good. I'm enjoying it more this time around and will finish it for sure this time

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I finished Utena and the movie and they rule. I already miss it's sense of style and wish there was more but there's nothing else for the show to say really.

• Locked thread