Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

FWIW the Steins;Gate dub is generally pretty good and I like that dub team's interpretations of the characters.

There's a single reference in the dub script that they change in a way I don't think quite works but overall I think its solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The commentary tracks the dub people do are a good listen too if you have the DVD's or blu rays.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Texhnolyze is fantastic and that there's no blu ray release is one of the great crimes of the 21st century.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm not familiar with Bodacious Space Pirates but that name sounds amazing.

Gundam 0080 and SDF Macross are both good. Turn A is also good and has a unique premise for a Gundam show though I tend not to rate it as highly as most. I haven't seen seen Giant Robo but I know a lot of people seem to really like it. Really sounds like you can't go wrong with any of those picks.

Also there's a Yamato 2199 movie too; Odyssey of the Celestial Ark. Be sure to check that out if you haven't- it's pretty fun.

ViggyNash posted:

It's a shame. Plenty of people know about Serial Experiments Lain, but I find Texhnolyze to be far more fascinating.
That first episode of Texh that foregoes almost all dialogue still might be one of the boldest things I've seen from a sci fi anime. Really cool aesthetics too across that whole show.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

This. Any friend that tries to trick you into watching 0083 outside of choice YouTube clips is no friend at all.

• Locked thread