Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Serena is canonically chubby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

also like most nerds she spends all day playing video games and reading comics despite not pursuing an IT career

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I dunno man, everything I've seen doesn't show her as fat

As a goon, I think I know fat when I see it :colbert:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm finally watching this show. Its very entertaining. Do I need to watch the recap movies?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Mill Village posted:

I'm finally watching this show. Its very entertaining. Do I need to watch the recap movies?

You don't need to, no. They make some cuts and some small additions, and generally reframe things to be more from Homura's perspective. They're worth seeing, but probably not right after seeing the series. Rebellion, of course, is a different story and should be watched.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This show did a good job keeping me hooked for the past couple of days. I kinda figured what Madoka would end up wishing for early on, but it was a hell of a ride getting there.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Do you accept Sayaka as the best character?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

PerrineClostermann posted:

That is an unfair question. Sayaka only earns "best character" status after Rebellion.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
She cements it in rebellion :colbert:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I do. It's so sad what happens to her.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

she's the best character ironically, right?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mill Village posted:

I do. It's so sad what happens to her.

Her story really sets and frames the narrative. And she was the most human.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

not even once

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Namtab posted:

not even once

:barf:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sayaka, no, resist!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

best girl looks mildly uncomfortable with the finger touching.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

I just finished watching Madoka this weekend and can confirm, Kyoko is the best girl :3:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
crosspostin from the spring 2017 anime thread where it came up, madoka magica side story: magia record

Some promotional materials for the mobage which they seem to have put actual effort in

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5b9jll
(PV)

quote:

Here is the some of the dialogue translated from the trailer:

Madoka “Will you fight with me?”

Homura “When Magical Girls collide, a new chapter unravels.

Magical girls are being drawn to this city

This is a place that we can continue on the way we are

and because we are magical girls, we are able to draw new powers.

Two magical girls path’s are about to cross… One more wish is granted…”

Madoka “This city is strange… but I won’t forget the sacrifice Homura made!”

Iroha “Wait for me, Ui, I will fight until I find you. You’re my precious little sister after all.”

character designs by ume aoki so that might mean trailer was put together by shaft itself, would be cool if the game has anime cut scenes in places

official comic

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

stone cold posted:

I just finished watching Madoka this weekend and can confirm, Kyoko is the best girl :3:

That is correct, goon sir.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Meanwhile on reddit's April 1st thing:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I just started watching this for the first time.

It's nuts. The end credits sequence change that happens in the third episode is dope.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Snak posted:

I just started watching this for the first time.

It's nuts. The end credits sequence change that happens in the third episode is dope.

just you wait. it straight up turns into :catdrugs: during the sequel movie. SHAFT knocked this series out of the park in terms of all the background and art design.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So the movies come after the show? I wasn't sure if they were seperate or edited adaptions of the series. I'm like a half-dozen episodes into the show right now.

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"

Snak posted:

So the movies come after the show? I wasn't sure if they were seperate or edited adaptions of the series. I'm like a half-dozen episodes into the show right now.

The Beginning Story and the The Eternal Story are a re-adaptation of the series into two movies. The Rebellion Story is a sequel that takes place after the series ending.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Snak posted:

the first two movies are a recut retelling of the series, with slightly different emphasis and redone backgrounds and such. Skip for now, maybe consider them on a rewatch. The third is a direct sequel, and it's a doozy.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Cool. Is there any reason to watch the first two if I'm watching the series? If not, I'll just watch Rebellion after I finish the series.

Edit: ^ you replied while I was typing. Thanks. Cool.

This series does pretty good job of taking annoying characters and making them sympathetic.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
not much point, some cut scenes, more emphasis on homura and that's about it. quite gorgeous though so i'd keep them in mind for an eventual rewatch if you like it enough.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Ranzear posted:

Meanwhile on reddit's April 1st thing:

I mean, it's not wrong.

Homura Did Nothing Wrong.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

lol

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

All of that author's doujins are amazing

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
the homusaya one that went up on dynasty the other day has inspired me to go through them. A+ decision so far

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

the homusaya one that went up on dynasty the other day has inspired me to go through them. A+ decision so far

HomuSaya is also the best dynamic. More KyouSaya content needs to explore that style of angle too.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

again, lol

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I love this series so much

It also has the best Homura

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010