Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

PerrineClostermann posted:

You seem to have accidentally posted someone other than Sayaka

Yes, Sayaka has the best costume by far. I like her cape.

I was watching some of the original series again recently, and it's really remarkable how good it is. There's nothing particularly outstanding or unique about the story/characters themselves, but it's executed almost flawlessly. Even though Rebellion is still really good and I'm curious to see where the story-line goes, I think that I generally prefer the more optimistic ending of the original series (and first two movies) because it wraps everything up nicely and makes sense within the context of the story.

I've seen people argue about Madoka's wish not being ideal, but it's actually the most reasonable one I can think of when you consider the facts that 1. it was necessary that her wish prevented witches, because otherwise she'd transform and wreck the world and 2. Madoka believes magical girls are fundamentally good* (so she won't make a wish that just eliminates the concept of magical girls). The reason why she has the power to make such a wish also makes sense within the context of the story. I mention this mainly because I've seen a lot of people online saying "WHY DIDN'T MADOKA JUST WISH FOR _____?!?!" and they're usually not understanding something important (the most common thing I see is people forgetting the fact that any wish that doesn't prevent wishes will result in Kriemhild Gretchen).

*And also possibly necessary for human civilization, if Kyubey is to be believed, though I never understand exactly how magical girls lead to science/technology/culture/etc. Maybe the Incubators specifically chose girls they knew would make wishes that ultimately lead to societal/technological advancement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

"I wish there were some easier way to mass produce texts"

And thus magical girls created the printing press.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lord Justice posted:

You're assuming that the Incubators are benevolent or care about human civilization or the species in general. They don't:

I agree with most of what you said in your post, but you could argue that it's in the Incubator's interest for the human population to increase (which requires improvements in technology, etc) since more people = more magical girls = more energy.

edit: And this supposedly doesn't matter post-Madoka becoming a witch since that releases such an absurd amount of energy that there's no need for any magical girls on Earth beyond that point

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 1, 2016

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

PerrineClostermann posted:

It's explicitly said in the series you know. "Kyubey...no, inkyubeytor"

Also when Madoka goes "Now grant my wish, Incubator!" in the last episode. I like the way that line is delivered for some reason.

• Locked thread