Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i still hope we have length digressions on what goes on in the heads of the side characters around rei, so to further illuminate his soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i'd like to say the opening scene was stultifying, rei absolutely alone, no one walking in his direction

and then we meet the kawamotos, and they drag rei kicking and screaming out of his hell. family is what you make of it, perhaps third time is a charm

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
just checking, the people in the background of the department store rooftop, were they rei's family?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
In which Rei grows in his ability to give empathy to those around him. The stories of the peripheral characters are some of my favorite parts of this series.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i think this series really is strongest using silence and direction and character drama. god drat this episode was tough to watch at points. rei has learnt empathy, but not in a way that cripples him

also rei really has to :sever: from kyoko shes bad news for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
And so we start getting into the part where I really fell in love with the series. This has been a long path of Rei breaking out of his shell, developing empathy for others, seeing things from the perspective of others. Souya is a vision of what Rei could become, and while it tempts him, he would prefer to create something greater.

• Locked thread